The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thegreatbambino

⚾️ Rangers 2019 Thread ⚾️

Why in heavens name would the Rangers sign a 42 yr. old left fielder instead of Willie Calhoun. The guy has no pro, or College experience what-so-ever. Geez, does anybody know anything about the guy. I haven't seen him at all this spring. 🤷‍♂️

Although, he does have 3 hr, and 11 RBI, somewhere.

• Haha 1

oh my gosh, I was 5 innings into the Rangers season and already swearing I was done with them...earliest ever. I'm so disappointed in their moves & direction...

Rangers lose their first game of the season to the Cubs 12-4. Is that a sign on how the Rangers season will be? ;(

I miss the days where we were a World Series contender. Smh 

Rangers have a lot of rebuilding to do, I don't follow the Rangers but do they have a good farm system maybe hope for the future?

39 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Rangers have a lot of rebuilding to do, I don't follow the Rangers but do they have a good farm system maybe hope for the future?

Not according to most ranking services.  I've seen them as high as #16 by Bleacher Reports and others ranking in the in low to mid 20s. They are in a tough spot

• Sad 1

Rangers on pace to win 81 this year! Nice win for the good guys tonight. 

Rangers walk it off with a wild pitch and take the series  against the Cubs!!!!

Rangers get a big win. Delino teed off on that grand slam today. Cabrera is a stud too. Offense is showing good at bats right now. Pitching could be worse. Lol

Great way to start off the season. I have no issues with the lineup, but obviously the pitching isn't good as usual. 

The Cubs are no slouch so I was impressed with this weekend. 

It may be just me, but it looks like Hunter Pence has introduced a large dose of adrenaline into this team. Choo  better kick it up a notch or Pence might just beat him out of his starting job. Jon Daniels better find some starting pitching, or it's gonna be a long year.

Last night is the type of game the Rangers almost HAVE to win if they are going to even think about being in contention for game 162+. When this pitching staff only gives up 2 runs, you've got to capitalize on it. Instead the Rangers offense produced 1 run on 2 hits and had ZERO at bats with RISP. That's terrible. 

Couple of things:

I've been impressed with some of the Rangers pitching so far, considering the amount of no-namers they have in that pen. Shelby Miller did well last night.

I've been waiting since the day he signed his big contract that got him a horse for Odor to start playing up to it. He's to the point now where he's showboating hit by pitches. I'd like to see more production from him.

Elvis Andrus is my favorite Ranger.

The offense was much better last night. Pitching wise...there is only one way to go for the starting rotation. They have been ugly. No way in hades the bullpen holds up having to throw 5 & 6 innings a night. 

Finally had a starting pitcher qualify for a win. 2 series wins to start out the year!

• Like 1

I really like the approach I've seen from this team. Even on nights when things don't go great, the approach both at the plate and on the mound stays consistent. 

knock on wood...yes, the Rangers are being patient at the plate (even Odor and Gallo)...and Cabrera has been really NICE so far! they fight til the end in every game.

• Like 1

Good pitching performance by Lynn last night. Sadly Mike Trout is still really good.

Trout is a stud, who doesn't need help smashing baseballs. Rangers pitchers were quite friendly this past weekend to him. Hopefully minor can stop the bleeding tomorrow night.

man the @Rangers just spit the bit this weekend against Trout and the...well pretty much Trout, but that plenty. when you're putting guys on base in front of the best player on the planet and putting them on a tee for him...good things don't happen for YOUR squad.