⚾️ Rangers 2019 Thread ⚾️

Why in heavens name would the Rangers sign a 42 yr. old left fielder instead of Willie Calhoun. The guy has no pro, or College experience what-so-ever. Geez, does anybody know anything about the guy. I haven't seen him at all this spring. 🤷‍♂️

Although, he does have 3 hr, and 11 RBI, somewhere.

• LOL! 1

39 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Rangers have a lot of rebuilding to do, I don't follow the Rangers but do they have a good farm system maybe hope for the future?

Not according to most ranking services.  I've seen them as high as #16 by Bleacher Reports and others ranking in the in low to mid 20s. They are in a tough spot

• Sad 1

It may be just me, but it looks like Hunter Pence has introduced a large dose of adrenaline into this team. Choo  better kick it up a notch or Pence might just beat him out of his starting job. Jon Daniels better find some starting pitching, or it's gonna be a long year.

Last night is the type of game the Rangers almost HAVE to win if they are going to even think about being in contention for game 162+. When this pitching staff only gives up 2 runs, you've got to capitalize on it. Instead the Rangers offense produced 1 run on 2 hits and had ZERO at bats with RISP. That's terrible. 

Couple of things:

I've been impressed with some of the Rangers pitching so far, considering the amount of no-namers they have in that pen. Shelby Miller did well last night.

I've been waiting since the day he signed his big contract that got him a horse for Odor to start playing up to it. He's to the point now where he's showboating hit by pitches. I'd like to see more production from him.

Elvis Andrus is my favorite Ranger.