⚾️ Rangers 2019 Thread ⚾️

.485 to .500 winning percentage is going to get you exactly where you are now though in the west...LAST PLACE...by quite a few games when the season is over

there are some things that look better (fundamentally) but that kind of thing is year to year as our young players mature, etc. I just wish we weren't a "K-Mart" 5 &10 type team piecing it together with junk and scrap heap material that the good teams would and do giggle at. @rangers  

SO FAR, I've been impressed by the pitching and effort of this Rangers team. Doing better than I thought they would. BUT, it's a LONG season and it's still VERY early. Hopefully they can keep it up and have a respectable season and build on it next year. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:43 PM, THSfanatic said:

No.   Numbers are deceiving this early 

Which division would top the AL west? And I'm not saying that because I'm a Rangers fan. Pretty certain we will finish at the bottom, but the A's, Astros, and Mariners are all playoff potential ball clubs (definitely the astros)

Again, 20 games in I have been pleased with what the Rangers have trotted out every game. They battle every at bat, both at the plate and in the field. Have already been beset with some injuries but have responded positively. Looking forward to seeing how the approach holds up in the grind of the season.

• Like 1

This is the scenario playing out that the MLB club has to get figured out pronto or it is going to be a miserably long season. The starting pitching has been awful (last in IP) at getting deep into games. And they have had injuries to an already not deep starting pitcher pool. To not completely derail the development of the young arms, the big league guys have got to find a way to get the job done. The bullpen is not spectacular, but they have held up better than I would've expected with the amount of work they have had to put in already. 

The negative circular, feed itself world says though at this point that due to the fact that since the @Rangers can't pitch longer into games and spare the BP. The BP will be shot by late May and maintaining arms reach of the Division or WC leaders will fade fade fade. Can't always live for tomorrow when you have a little shot today.

24 minutes ago, wtlobos said:

LeClerc seems to have lost it on the mound. I hope they can figure it out. He’s way too talented to go by the wayside. 

Thought he threw as well as he has thrown in a while. I don't know if it officially got counted as an error, but Mazara probably should've got the ball that the leadoff hitter put in play. Thus the game should have been over before it ever got to Bell at the plate. Definitely a bad break, for a kid who needed a break to go his way. 

Rangers beat the Pirates today 9-6. Current record is 17-17, and 3rd in AL West. 

Start a 4-game series with the Astros tomorrow night in Houston. 

The Rangers still have alot of things to work on and get better. Consistent pitching and hitting being the primary thing imo. BUT, I'm still happy (content) with their current record because I thought they'd struggle to even be sniffing a .500 record all season. 

It's still early, and alot of season left, but I'm optimistic about this Rangers squad and what they can build on if they add a few pieces (pitchers hopefully) by next season. 

• Like 1

Interesting that Delino got the boot for the presumable return of Guzman. Does not bode well for him in the future long term plans if they aren't willing to part with Santana or Forsythe to keep him up. 

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

Interesting that Delino got the boot for the presumable return of Guzman. Does not bode well for him in the future long term plans if they aren't willing to part with Santana or Forsythe to keep him up. 

Santana and Gallo can play CF. Plus they need to get Pence more at bats. Odor better start hitting might be next.

I'm really liking the TV angle during this Rangers - Astros game at Minute Maid Park. The straight-on angle behind the pitchers mound (instead of slightly to the side). You can see the movement of every pitch...its great.