⚾️ Rangers 2019 Thread ⚾️

6 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Yea, I'm optimistically surprised too. They are doing ALOT better than I thought they would....but still a lot of season to go. 

Almost at the halfway point, they are 6 games over .500 at 39-33. 

I wouldn't call the pitching "atrocious". It's been ALOT better than I and most expected. Minor & Lynn have been pretty good imo. Jurado & Sampson have produced more that not imo. Thankfully Woodward removed Smyly from the rotation. The bullpen has been better than expected (however, I'm disappointed in Leclerc's regression). 

There are alot of young players on this team. And most of them are producing.  I'm optimistic about the Ranger's future. 

I'm still unsure on my opinion if they should be buyers before the trade deadline. If they do make trades, hopefully they make smart choices. This team could be special with the right moves. 

adding Hunter Pence was a huge move... and I honestly thought the move was only to sell tickets.  I did some research and the Rangers have a batter in the top 10 in the AL in every batting statistic except SLG, OPS, and Triples.  Clearly overachieving, but if the Rangers are going to lure someone here at the deadline, it needs to be another SP that will hold up for the years to come.  They don't have to be a superstar, but anyone that can hold in the low 4s ERA and give us quality starts in at least 65% of our games would make the Rangers a dangerous team for the years to come.  JD is worth every penny...

• Like 1

Through 81 games the Rangers are 45-36. Didn't expect this at all, but they are playing great ball.

Interested to see what happens when Pence comes back, who will get sent down or cut. Rumor is Cabrera could get released and Woodward already said he wants to get Santana more playing time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Through 81 games the Rangers are 45-36. Didn't expect this at all, but they are playing great ball.

Interested to see what happens when Pence comes back, who will get sent down or cut. Rumor is Cabrera could get released and Woodward already said he wants to get Santana more playing time. 

I agree...wow, 9 games over .500 at the midway point. Who'd have thunk it?!? 

They have been playing great ball as of late. Pitching has been good, and hitting & timely hitting. 

I've been impressed with the young guys...Santana, Calhoun, Guzman, & Mazara. Forsythe was a great addition as a veteran utility guy and has performed and produced when used. 

Gallo is much improved, and more disciplined at the plate. Pence has been productive and a great locker room presence. 

The pitching rotation seems to have settled in. Minor, Lynn, Jurada, Sampson, Chavez. Hopefully this rotation can remain stable and productive & consistent. 

Overall, I feel good about the state of the Rangers at the midway point. Honestly (before the season), I thought they'd struggle to remain 5-10 games below .500 all season. 

No matter how the rest of the season pans out, the Rangers are definitely trending up for next season. Hopefully JD doesnt screw things up at the trade deadline (I dont think he will). 

• Like 1

I love watching the Rangers because they are so fun to watch. Even though the pitching is a little shaky here and there, they play hard and score runs. I'm very impressed with this team. I for sure had them losing 90+ games at the beginning of the year... but 4 games behind the Astros at the midway point? I'll take it!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Oh? Why is that? 

On 7/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, THSfanatic said:

✋Ye may have danced too early

You figure out your trollin' was wrong? Yep, it was. It doesn't bother me though...carry on Sir. 

198672642_1601009.gif

You are funny man.   You win a couple from the Astros and you come over to the Stros forum & dance & pour drinks.  Somebody comes on your forum and it is trolling.

Nice !!!!     I put that up because you were dancing and posting. After going like 4-14 after you posted you suddenly disappeared.   If that is trolling, then that's what I did.  I thought it was all in good fun...…I didn't realize you were so SENSITIVE

2 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

You are funny man.   You win a couple from the Astros and you come over to the Stros forum & dance & pour drinks.  Somebody comes on your forum and it is trolling.

Nice !!!!     I put that up because you were dancing and posting. After going like 4-14 after you posted you suddenly disappeared.   If that is trolling, then that's what I did.  I thought it was all in good fun...…I didn't realize you were so SENSITIVE

:rofl:...don't get your panties in a bunch, kind Sir. I went to the astros page when the Rangers were playing them and follwed and commented then. 

Your comment on my dancing emojis had NOTHING to do with the astros and neither was the dancing. My dancing comment was in response to the Rangers winning six straight and beating the first place wildcard team in a shutout. Again nothing to do with the astros. 

Heck, the Rangers have had ALOT better season than I expected. So yea, I'm gonna get excited about the "little" things. That's the way of a lifelong Rangers fan. 

Oops, I guess this explanation makes me sound "sensitive". Sorry 😉

44 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Oops, I guess this explanation makes me sound "sensitive". Sorry 😉

Wasn’t me that got offended.      A simple “ye danced too soon” is now trolling.  Good thing u weren’t an Astro fan when things were bad.   You would have had to grow thicker skin

ive done nothing but complimented your team (except for Odor)

21 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Wasn’t me that got offended.      A simple “ye danced too soon” is now trolling.  Good thing u weren’t an Astro fan when things were bad.   You would have had to grow thicker skin

I gladly welcome the bashing of odor from anybody, as long as it gets him out of a Rangers uniform.

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

giphy (4).gif

• 4 weeks later...

Rangers take 3 outta 4 from the Angels. Good series win. They've been more down than up lately and not much to cheer about. 

Currently stand at 63-65 record. I think they'll finish at right around that .500 mark and end up with 79, 80, or 81 wins. 

The Rangers are getting a chance to play a lot of young players and prospects. And they're actually getting good production from a lot of them. 

I'm still encouraged by this year's squad. They are building on young players (and maybe can pick up a few good & efficient additions in the offseason) .   Hopefully they can use this season as a springboard for next season when they open the new stadium. 

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

What are the chances of Rangers trading Odor? He has not lived up to his huge contract. It’s time to move on.  Solak can fill the void with the exception of home runs.  Can trade Odor for a full time first baseman.  

IF they get a trade partner for him, it'll probably require the Rangers to cover a big portion of that contract. And if so, I hope they get somebody that's efficient and consistent.