⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2019 Houston Astros Thread ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

17 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

While I am proud to have a contending team .......I’m VERY disappointed in the lack of home grown pitchers from within the Astros farm system.  I think Whitley will be fine.  But everything else we have is basically free agent or trade.   The pitching talent evaluation lags far behind positional players 

I agree

21 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

No offense.    But the Rangers don’t have a strong enough minor league to afford to do a deal   IMHO.   The Rangers are playing very well.  But I truly believe they would be well advised to not trade prospects at this point 

I agree...they dont have an excellent farm system like they did in the days of trading for A-List guys. But they still have some decent prospects. 

I dont want to give away what little we do have for rental A-List type guys. 

I want another SP in the mold of Minor & Lynn. Guys that'll give you consistent quality starts. Plenty of guys out there that fit that description. Also like to have another consistent bullpen guy. That'd make me happy as a fan. 

Stassi adds no value to this club and they charge Springer with a error that looked like Stassi should have easily handled that ball, Gattis would have been more valuable than Stassi as a catcher at least he can go long every now and then

24 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Valdez pitching tonight.    I don’t have high hopes 

Funny thing they sent the guy who threw 5 good innings after the last Valdez outing down and keep Valdez up makes no sense to me

4 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Well the new and improved Chirinos batting average sure didn’t last long   He is approaching Tyler White status 

He got off to a good start but has faded, some on the Stros thought he was all star material I wasn't one of them