⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2019 Houston Astros Thread ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

U got a guy who can’t throw strikes so u use one of your best relievers to start the 1st inning.  Get a 3 run lead then bring him in to see if he pitches better,     I’m not getting the logic,  But whatever.    The lead is gone and we’re trailing now in the 5th

Now we are getting smoked and evidently it’s ok to leave him out there to get hammered.     Jeeeeeezz

Way to go Hinch.   He only gave up 7 in 3 innings.   Let’s do this again in 5 days. I guess it is progress since he didn’t even make it 2/3rds of an inning against the Rangers.   Losses are one thing.......denial is something else 

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Got a chance to tour Oracle Park in San Francisco today. Gorgeous place. Hands down my favorite I have seen, just wish the Astros were in town, or any game for that matter...

Oh man yes.   Frisco & San Diego are the best parks in the league

• Like 1

Horrific pitching and defense.    

Altuve forgets how to catch and throw on same play.   Evidently he forgot what a strike was too.  Swing at balls 2 feet off the plate and then acts like he’s about to get hit when the ball is dead center. That jumping back on dead center strikes is getting old 

Astros weakness has been exposed, a bunch of washed up relievers and starters with sore arms. Devo can't throw strikes has come in, there is a reason he can't throw strikes because they will knock the 💩 out of it.  6-0 

I hope Hinch will admit this “opening” pitcher thing is flat out stupid and all it has done is exhaust what bullpen u have.  I don’t see how this 2 game experiment can possibly be tried again.  

This cements Rondon as hands down the worst pitcher we have.    And I’m done for the night. 

19 hours ago, Wild74 said:

They got some retaliation on Jake, throwing at or near the head isn't cool, I think we owe them one

I expected retaliation.  Got no problem with it.    BUT throwing at somebody’s head cannot be tolerated.    Evidently MLB agrees and slapped him and manager with suspension.   The head is a kill zone.    Don’t go there

• Like 1

Sitting Alvarez tonight who must be exhausted after DHing for 5 games after All Star break.    But starting White.     Excellent 

The Astros certainly may win tonight but I’m more frustrated right now than I was during the worst of times.  No it’s not panic time at all.  But the “above it all” attitude of Hinch is getting to me. Show a little fire.   Stop with the “we know how good we are” stuff 

14 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Sitting Alvarez tonight who must be exhausted after DHing for 5 games after All Star break.    But starting White.     Excellent 

The Astros certainly may win tonight but I’m more frustrated right now than I was during the worst of times.  No it’s not panic time at all.  But the “above it all” attitude of Hinch is getting to me. Show a little fire.   Stop with the “we know how good we are” stuff 

Hinch must have a be having major brain ####, he is setting Alvarez after he started against two left handed pitchers, tonight a right hander and he is setting makes no sense

15 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Another completely unforced error by Altuve costing Miley a double play and giving up a run.      His defense has been awful for the last week 

Missed it I'm on vacation but condo gets all the Astros games & out with the family, just got in to see him strike out badly

6 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

474 ft upper deck shot by Yordan to end a back-to-back-to-back inning.    Longest homerun in Astros stat cast history 

That may be the first one he has fully squared up since coming up