⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2019 Houston Astros Thread ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

19 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Altuve with yet another ATROCIOUS error.     He has been absolutely terrible on defense  for several weeks.     It’s like he can’t even see the ball

Well he couldn't see those last two pitches right down the middle as he took two strikes that was in the middle of the strike zone. 

Tyler White designated for assignment to bring up pitcher !!!!!!!!  This almost certainly is the end of his Astros career.  White had struck out 74 times in 218 at bats and was hitting .220.

Seems like a nice guy but it was WAY overdue to end this madness.  This is a production business and he was given more chances than anyone I can remember other than Chris Carter...…...and Carter was the better hitter by far

18 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Tyler White designated for assignment to bring up pitcher !!!!!!!!  This almost certainly is the end of his Astros career.  White had struck out 74 times in 218 at bats and was hitting .220.

Seems like a nice guy but it was WAY overdue to end this madness.  This is a production business and he was given more chances than anyone I can remember other than Chris Carter...…...and Carter was the better hitter by far

It was way past time to move on. 

As much as I criticized his production...…...it was his lack of conditioning that gave him no hope of improving. You can't take a non-gifted athletic body, put 50 extra pounds on it, and expect to improve your performance.   I cannot understand for the life of me how a professional slumping athlete can continually pack on that kind of weight when you are struggling. He was having trouble even digging balls out at 1st because he couldn't bend down.   Hopefully this will shock him into working on his conditioning first. It was almost like he knew this was inevitable and just didn't care

I do wish him the best. He seemed to be a popular dugout guy.

The lineup is almost back to normal except for one big part and that is Alvarez and boy is he a big part now. I was also reading somewhere they may not trade Tucker because they believe once Springer hits FA he will be gone. I hope he will sign before that time though.