⚾️ The OFFICIAL 2019 Houston Astros Thread ⚾️

RETIREDFAN1

33 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Probably the wisest choice.   I’d only trade him for a jaw-dropping pitcher 

They can always trade Reddick and that would open up a spot for Tucker if they want to give him another shot this year. I think they will not do this but I was surprised to read about Reddick could be used in a trade.

45 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Astros up 2-0 in :4th despite striking out at an alarming rate 

Bieber has been on a roll lately...Cleveland as a whole has been playing well, which is what makes Bauer on the block so surprising...

A little tidbit on Biagini. Curveball is has a spin rate ranked in the 88th percentile, meaning it moves,  a lot. He only throws it 7% of the time. Strom is going to have fun with this kid...

As a whole, none of the key contenders for better. Astros still in the drivers seat...

Yep.  That is a lot of minor league depth. But Martin just had Tommy John.   This was expensive but now when we lose Cole (and we will) we won’t be hamstrung.   And NOBODY can match us on paper 1-3 this year in the playoffs 

Whitley has an electric start last night in AAA BTW

Did I read where Maldonado turned down a two year 12 million dollar contract with Houston before he left and ended up signing a 2.95 million one year contract after he left Houston. He may be a good defensive catcher but his financial genius leaves a lot to be desired.