LE Open?

mrclean69

1 hour ago, ronnyham said:

Do you think LE has to run the spread or would they be open to something else? Say the wing or slot T? Or double wing stuff like navy?

Kids like LE has are not usually open to grind it out football. They have seen up temp, explosive, multiple spread offense and are geared to that style. Nit saying it wouldn't be productive, but I'm guessing the kids would not buy in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Kids like LE has are not usually open to grind it out football. They have seen up temp, explosive, multiple spread offense and are geared to that style. Nit saying it wouldn't be productive, but I'm guessing the kids would not buy in.

Confirmed my thought

20 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

We need someone younger imo and Barry Norton has it made on the other side of town I doubt he’d leave A-High plus after Surratt left T-High they were pretty mediocre.. just my opinion!!

I was more referring to the baggage they bring ie the reason both have left schools recently. LE can and should do better than both of them. 

this job will get attention from coaches all over the state so id like to say id be shocked if they stay in house but for whatever reason thats what le likes to do.

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

I was more referring to the baggage they bring ie the reason both have left schools recently. LE can and should do better than both of them. 

this job will get attention from coaches all over the state so id like to say id be shocked if they stay in house but for whatever reason thats what le likes to do.

L-E is not a high paying job. That limits your candidates. Surratt is reportedly now the highest paid coach in Texas.

6 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

These kids are very hardworking kids they will buy into anything that’s promising.. before wells came to LE we were strictly Power I

8 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Just checked most recent salaries. Carter is No. 1 at 158,512 with Surratt second at 156,000. Surratt had passed him temporarily until Carter's most recent raise.

12-3 18

Austin Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is the highest-paid coach in the state at $158,512. He and Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge are the only coaches in the state to make over $150,000.

14 hours ago, txk85 said:

They will not get one better than them two!! Not the person I heard they are going to hire

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

12-3 18

Austin Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is the highest-paid coach in the state at $158,512. He and Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge are the only coaches in the state to make over $150,000.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12/19/carthage-budget-cuts/

the thing about that salary article, spreadsheet only listed 400 or so schools and cherry picked etc for salaries. there may be 25 salaries over and dang near $150k now around Texas around Austin/Houston/DFW...accuracy is only as good as the person putting the info together...and that guy is the weekend cartoon dude (seriously).