LE Open?

mrclean69

3 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

I mean that’s understandable that’s been happening for years tho it should be changed up a bit maybe he will apply for the offensive coordinator job

I think King already knows who he wants for coordinators

First of all, you don't know anything about AHS.  Saying that it is a ghetto school is racist and untrue.  The only Facilities that need upgrading as far as athletics is the basketball gym and the press box at the remodeled football stadium (they host a bowl game there). True the enrollment has lessened over the last 45 years, but those students probably ended up at a Texas side school because that side of town is the side that is growing the fastest economically due to Texas not having a state income tax.

As for Texas, other than Red River Army Depot, where are the big layoffs that are going to cause Texas High to lose 400 students to get down to 5A D2 enrollment levels?  Despite those layoffs, the depot is still going strong.  Their enrollment is closer to LV, REL, and TJT than it is to Marshall which just might be the next largest high school in this area of East Texas.  Your posts are bunk...

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

9 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

First of all, you don't know anything about AHS.  Saying that it is a ghetto school is racist and untrue.  The only Facilities that need upgrading as far as athletics is the basketball gym and the press box at the remodeled football stadium (they host a bowl game there). True the enrollment has lessened over the last 45 years, but those students probably ended up at a Texas side school because that side of town is the side that is growing the fastest economically due to Texas not having a state income tax.

As for Texas, other than Red River Army Depot, where are the big layoffs that are going to cause Texas High to lose 400 students to get down to 5A D2 enrollment levels?  Despite those layoffs, the depot is still going strong.  Their enrollment is closer to LV, REL, and TJT than it is to Marshall which just might be the next largest high school in this area of East Texas.  Your posts are bunk...

Your mouth is full of bunk.  You obviously don't read much.  The  unemployment rate in Texarkana Tx. is the second highest in the state of Texas.  We'll lets see,  Harte-Hanks laid off over a thousand,  Red River over a thousand and it is not going strong.  The govt. wants to close that location  and will eventually.  Sears closed,  Gander Mtn. closed,  Pier 1 closed etc.  Empty buildings everywhere.  I don't live in Texarkana (thank God) and have not lived there in 45 years but I know people there that are trying to stay in business and I talk to them.  My family moved our business out of there in 1971 to Houston which was the smartest thing my dad ever did.  Our business has exploded down here while these folks  up there are trying to stay in business.  These are big movers and shakers for Texarkana.  I good friend of mine has a big real estate co. (their signs are everywhere) and they are hanging on by a thread.  The jobs that are there are crappy,  thus people move away.  Those jobs at Red River can't be replaced and they can't live on minimum wage so they move out.  As far as AHS was concerned,  I was talking about the general condition of the schools,  how much money they have,  graduation rates,  test scores etc.  I know if I still lived there I would have NEVER let my kids go to school there.  AHS is in the same building they were in back in the early 60's.  Don't let real facts get in the way of your keyboard.  As far as racist you sound like Maxine Waters.  I bet I know at least 40 people that I went to school with up there who moved down here,  they have great jobs and are not going back.  And really the Texas side has grown some but the Arkansas side looks just like it did back in the 60's.  That city has not kept up although there were many chances of big industry that the ignorant city leaders ran off back thru the 60's to 80's.  And I read somewhere on here where the latest enrollment at THS was down about 100 since they did the last classification.  They are well below LV and REL.  And last but not least,  do you really call that a bowl game over there that nobody attends.  More like a glorified high school game.  And yes I know Dean Barry very well.  And Texarkana Ar. is exempt from the state income tax.  You really don't read much.  You don't know me or my family yet I know almost everything that goes on up there,  probably before you do.  Don't waste you time responding to this post as I have no desire to continue this  topic and all you ever do is blow wind out of your backside.  Now give Stanford a kiss for me and good night!

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 2

4 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

Your mouth is full of bunk.  You obviously don't read much.  The  unemployment rate in Texarkana Tx. is the second highest in the state of Texas.  We'll lets see,  Harte-Hanks laid off over a thousand,  Red River over a thousand and it is not going strong.  The govt. wants to close that location  and will eventually.  Sears closed,  Gander Mtn. closed,  Pier 1 closed etc.  Empty buildings everywhere.  I don't live in Texarkana (thank God) and have not lived there in 45 years but I know people there that are trying to stay in business and I talk to them.  My family moved our business out of there in 1971 to Houston which was the smartest thing my dad ever did.  Our business has exploded down here while these folks  up there are trying to stay in business.  These are big movers and shakers for Texarkana.  I good friend of mine has a big real estate co. (their signs are everywhere) and they are hanging on by a thread.  The jobs that are there are crappy,  thus people move away.  Those jobs at Red River can't be replaced and they can't live on minimum wage so they move out.  As far as AHS was concerned,  I was talking about the general condition of the schools,  how much money they have,  graduation rates,  test scores etc.  I know if I still lived there I would have NEVER let my kids go to school there.  AHS is in the same building they were in back in the early 60's.  Don't let real facts get in the way of your keyboard.  As far as racist you sound like Maxine Waters.  I bet I know at least 40 people that I went to school with up there who moved down here,  they have great jobs and are not going back.  And really the Texas side has grown some but the Arkansas side looks just like it did back in the 60's.  That city has not kept up although there were many chances of big industry that the ignorant city leaders ran off back thru the 60's to 80's.  And I read somewhere on here where the latest enrollment at THS was down about 100 since they did the last classification.  They are well below LV and REL.  And last but not least,  do you really call that a bowl game over there that nobody attends.  More like a glorified high school game.  And yes I know Dean Barry very well.  And Texarkana Ar. is exempt from the state income tax.  You really don't read much.  You don't know me or my family yet I know almost everything that goes on up there,  probably before you do.  Don't waste you time responding to this post as I have no desire to continue this  topic and all you ever do is blow wind out of your backside.  Now give Stanford a kiss for me and good night!

You are an IDIOT!!  Half the things just said is totally wrong! Glad you moved off stay where you at we will be fine here in Texarkana

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

.  Sears closed,  Gander Mtn. closed,  Pier 1 closed etc.  

that pier 1 closing nearly shut down the city..

also, isn't the tax exemption for Texas residents working on the Arkansas side?

19 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

All of Texarkana except PG is the ghetto school. Town in general is just a shithole. I wouldn't be surprised if PG suffers the same fate either.

4 hours ago, mTex said:

You don't get on every "Most Dangerous City in Texas" list by being a nice place to live lol

say what you want, but I've lived in Texarkana nearly 40 years and it's a great place. Yes, we have crime, but who doesn't? I mean that, who doesn't?

7 hours ago, mTex said:

All of Texarkana except PG is the ghetto school. Town in general is just a shithole. I wouldn't be surprised if PG suffers the same fate either.

You're angry. Please get help before you become one bad statistic.

16 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

I repeat you're full of hate and anger. Get help

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Omg that list is so old & theyre are many east tx towns on that list... that’s doesnt mean people are dying everyday in Texarkana.. I would love to see someone back up those numbers with facts!!

Houston Chronicle ran this story about a month ago on the 20 most dangerous cities in Texas.  Sorry,  Texarkana was number one.  Tyler and Longview were just out of the top ten.  These polls show what your chances of being a crime stat versus the population of the city.  I'll admit your chances of being a crime stat are much greater in Dallas,  Austin or Houston.  But not very good PR to say the least.

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I repeat you're full of hate and anger. Get help

What in the world are you talking about?  These are all facts to show that there might be a large drop in enrollment at THS and they may drop back to Div. 2.  O.K. I'll go get help but only if you take off the rose colored glasses.

32 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

a bad statistic...like at a gas station on Stateline 🤣

I had to, it was on a tee

Just don't park in a wannabe motorcycle gang members parking space and then kick his butt and you should be fine.

19 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

You are an IDIOT!!  Half the things just said is totally wrong! Glad you moved off stay where you at we will be fine here in Texarkana

Again,  just the facts mam.  You prove my point about TAISD everytime you post a comment.  Your command of the english language is something to be proud of.  Don't know if you still go to school there or if you're a graduate,  however,  with that AHS sheepskin you should be first in line for the next opening at the Wal-Mart.

8 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

What in the world are you talking about?  These are all facts to show that there might be a large drop in enrollment at THS and they may drop back to Div. 2.  O.K. I'll go get help but only if you take off the rose colored glasses.

I'm not blind, but you just take a poll and say Texarkana is terrible place to live. It's not. Like in most cities almost all the crime comes in certain parts of the city where there is poverty. Arkansas High was not in good shape 20 years ago and is much better today. Liberty-Eylau is better, Texas High much better, and Pleasant Grove is in good shape. You don't need a poll to know there's more crime in Texarkana than we citizens like, but the majority of the citizens are happy and spent most of their lives in this historical city. I've been to Houston and enjoy visiting, but I'd live in Texarkana a million years before I'd live in Houston.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...