2020 Alignment for East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

Anyone from 4A Div I expected to move up to 5A Div II?

Will 5A-Div II in East Texas remain about the same.... or will we see a I-20/I-30 split?

Anyone in 5A Div II looking to move up to Div I?

There was talk of Tyler Lee dropping to 5A Div I in the last time.... still a possibility?

Thoughts below......

15 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Will Lufkin move Southward??  

They have been for a while now....

I wish there were enough schools to make an East Texas only 5A Div I district....but we just don't have that right now.

Lufkin, JT, Texas High are it..... and they all aren't even in the same district.

We would need Lee to drop down and Nac and MP to move up for that to happen....none of which seem likely ATM.

It would be great to have an East Texas 5A Div I district to go with the East Texas 5A Div II district..... but at the moment that's kind of a pipe dream I guess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

They have been for a while now....

I wish there were enough schools to make an East Texas only 5A Div I district....but we just don't have that right now.

Lufkin, JT, Texas High are it..... and they all aren't even in the same district.

We would need Lee to drop down and Nac and MP to move up for that to happen....none of which seem likely ATM.

It would be great to have an East Texas 5A Div I district to go with the East Texas 5A Div II district..... but at the moment that's kind of a pipe dream I guess.

Hope we can matchup with em in non-district. Them or JT. 

I would say that i hope we stay 5A after this coming season, but we haven’t done anything while in this classification. Just wish we could’ve made a change with staff similar to Nac this off-season. If a coach like that wanted to go there of all places, i honestly wonder who we could get with the talent we always have here. 

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Anyone from 4A Div I expected to move up to 5A Div II?

Will 5A-Div II in East Texas remain about the same.... or will we see a I-20/I-30 split?

Anyone in 5A Div II looking to move up to Div I?

There was talk of Tyler Lee dropping to 5A Div I in the last time.... still a possibility?

Thoughts below......

based on 2018-19 TEA enrollment

JT has 2097 students

Lee:2240

Lufkin:2132 (without alternative schools)

Longview:2145 (without alternative schools)

Nac:1683 (without alternative schools)

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

If Lee was going to drop, it would’ve happened lost alignment. Would expect to JT to come close to moving back to as well. 

Longview will be on the bubble as well.

I agree, Lee ain't dropping. LV will be close, but if I had to give a prediction, I don't see things changing next alignment. JT will probably go back up in 2022 and possbily Lufkin unless 6a enrollment increases.

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Longview was at 2,276 in October. 

Lee ain't gonna drop...no clue what to expect from JT.

And based on TEA trends, I'd be shocked if Lufkin moved back up.

was Longview enrollment including Lead and etc.?

as far as others going back up, it only takes one large class to change things...but you are probably right on Lufkin. but they will be close next go around.

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I would say that i hope we stay 5A after this coming season, but we haven’t done anything while in this classification. Just wish we could’ve made a change with staff similar to Nac this off-season. If a coach like that wanted to go there of all places, i honestly wonder who we could get with the talent we always have here. 

Are you suggesting it’s time for quick to ride off into the sunset ?

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

based on 2018-19 TEA enrollment

JT has 2097 students

Lee:2240

Lufkin:2132 (without alternative schools)

Longview:2145 (without alternative schools)

Nac:1683 (without alternative schools)

This is correct! STRAIGHT from the TEA count.

• Like 1

If Porter continues their growth, I could see a district with Lufkin, Porter, and Humble ISD (Humble, Kingwood, Atascocita, and Summer Creek). Not sure what the numbers are for New Caney, but I know that Porter is right there with Lufkin when it comes to enrollment. 

Cleveland is also a wildcard for how that district plays out. Their numbers are absolutely exploding right now, and could move up to DI.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, topher805 said:

If Porter continues their growth, I could see a district with Lufkin, Porter, and Humble ISD (Humble, Kingwood, Atascocita, and Summer Creek). Not sure what the numbers are for New Caney, but I know that Porter is right there with Lufkin when it comes to enrollment. 

Cleveland is also a wildcard for how that district plays out. Their numbers are absolutely exploding right now, and could move up to DI.

New Caney is building a 3rd high school from what I have heard. 

30 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

New Caney is building a 3rd high school from what I have heard. 

They are, but it wont be until 2021 or 2022 if I remember correctly and it will fill slowly. First year will be freshmen only and build from there. They also want to keep the school in 4A range I think

It may just be a 2-year stint, but I think Porter has a quick move to 6A looming.

I didn’t realize how far away Nac was from the Div I cutoff.  They def stay put.  

Imho.......Div II doesn’t change much at all unless they send MP with SS into that district. 

Div I likely doesn’t change either unless we see some 6As drop down. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I didn’t realize how far away Nac was from the Div I cutoff.  They def stay put.  

Imho.......Div II doesn’t change much at all unless they send MP with SS into that district. 

Div I likely doesn’t change either unless we see some 6As drop down. 

I think Nac number usually includes alternative schools,  so I think its usually higher.  I thought the cutoff for 5a Div.1/Div.2 would have been lower last time.  But I believe you are correct, Nac will most likely by Div.2 again.