2020 Alignment for East Texas 5A

Mavchamp

Not sure how important this is, but Lindale dropping to 4AD1 is basically guaranteed, at 1154 enrollment according to the rank order, Sulphur Springs will likely also drop cutting it close at 1218, but could out grow the cut-off.

The 4A Div I cutoff in 2018 was 1,149. 

Lindale and Sulphur Spring's fate lays in the hands of how much their enrollment drops and IF and how much the UIL bumps up that number.  

Wonder where Kilgore falls.  I know they have been close..... and was in the same class as 5A Div II as recently as.... 2009?  2010?

This could end up more interesting that previously thought for 5A Div II.

47 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

The 4A Div I cutoff in 2018 was 1,149. 

Lindale and Sulphur Spring's fate lays in the hands of how much their enrollment drops and IF and how much the UIL bumps up that number.  

Wonder where Kilgore falls.  I know they have been close..... and was in the same class as 5A Div II as recently as.... 2009?  2010?

This could end up more interesting that previously thought for 5A Div II.

TEA enrollment 2018-2919...not sure if these school districts have alternative schools to add to enrollment, but these are the from the high school only

Lindale 1144

Kilgore 1109

C.Hill 1013

SS 1270

JAX 1267

Terrell 1202

Aledo 1787

Highland Park 2148- as long as any school stay below this number they will be 5a..lol

• LOL! 2

10 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

TEA enrollment 2018-2919...not sure if these school districts have alternative schools to add to enrollment, but these are the from the high school only

Lindale 1144

Kilgore 1109

C.Hill 1013

SS 1270

JAX 1267

Terrell 1202

Aledo 1787

Highland Park 2148- as long as any school stay below this number they will be 5a..lol

So Lindale is very likely, after all, UIL has been steadily moving up the cutoffs by ~100 each year. As for SS, doubt it, being at 1270 already puts them above what an estimated 2020 cutoff would be and they're consistently growing.

Also, if you want more info, check out the TEA data on middle schools, that way you can see if they have a smaller or larger set of classes than the high school they feed into, and get a good estimate.

I think the split divisions will stabilize the numbers for 1A-5A a lot.   Not sure we will see the 100 jump much anymore. 

The bottom of 6A might jump up a bit..... but can’t imagjne the rest changing drastically. 

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Hahaha -- don't we all truly know that they use Highland Park's turned in # for whatever the hard line is -- no budging!!!

Yes, everyone does know that, everyone except ppl in HP will admit it as well:)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Yes, everyone does know that, everyone except ppl in HP will admit it as well:)

Pretty sure Highland Park gets to control how district lines are redrawn in that area anyway, the rumor I've always heard is they just redraw to stay under the cutoff.

8 hours ago, mTex said:

Pretty sure Highland Park gets to control how district lines are redrawn in that area anyway, the rumor I've always heard is they just redraw to stay under the cutoff.

HP is a one high school district. I don't think they can redraw their district boundaries without voting on it and conceding portions of the district to Dallas isd, which I'm sure Highland Park and University Park residents would vote down. Dallas ISD would also have to agree to take it in as well. They can redraw lines within district boundary but what good does that do when its a one high school district.  With that said, i'm not saying they don't manipulate their numbers, I'm just saying they are probably not doing it by redrawing district boundaries.