Tank Lawrence Signs

Ian Rapaport- The #Cowboys and DeMarcus Lawrence broke through their stalemate and are going to have a 5-year year extension worth more than $100M, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. They’ve agreed on basic parameters of a deal, sources say. 💰💰💰

I'm happy with this deal. Its actually less than I thought it'd be. Don't know the exact details yet (only reported), but it appears to be good for both sides. 

Apparently, next year the 'Boys are going to have upwards of 80-100 million in cap space??? And that includes the Tank contract? And without having extended Dak, AC, Zeke, or BJ. 

Todd Archer- As part of the five-year deal, DeMarcus Lawrence will receive a $25 million signing bonus, according to sources. He is set to make $31.1 million in total money in 2019 after making $17.1 million in 2018 on the franchise tag.

That gives Tank a base salary of $11.1m, which is lower than the Franchise Tag of $20.5m, which gives Dallas $9.4m more in salary cap space this offseason.

Im gonna drink the silver and blue Flavoraid and say Stephen could have this franchise in the best shape talent wise, money wise, and future wise since Barry Switzer was winning a Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

I'm happy with this deal. Its actually less than I thought it'd be. Don't know the exact details yet (only reported), but it appears to be good for both sides. 

Apparently, next year the 'Boys are going to have upwards of 80-100 million in cap space??? And that includes the Tank contract? And without having extended Dak, AC, Zeke, or BJ. 

Looking like low base salary with high signing bonuses and is very heavily front loaded. 

According to Sportrac:

2019- $11.1m / dead cap $31.1m

2020- $21.9m/ dead cap $36.9m

2021- $22m/ dead cap $15m

2022- $24m/ dead cap $10m

2023-$26m/ dead cap $5m

Dallas can get out of his age 30 deal in 2022 with just a $10m and $5m dead cap hit in two years.