TEXAS TECH TEXAS TECH TEXAS TECH TEXAS TECH

blueflu

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Hoping for a Big 12 sweep.  Texas won the NIT.  Baylor won the women's tournament.  It's Texas Tech's turn.

GUN'S UP!

You mean it’s okay to root for teams in your conference or take pride in your conference winning things even if your team didn’t win? I thought that was frowned upon on this site. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You mean it’s okay to root for teams in your conference or take pride in your conference winning things even if your team didn’t win? I thought that was frowned upon on this site. 

I stick up for Texas teams above all else.  In a way it's like high school sports to me.  "My" team can't win it all every year so I'll root for bEast Texas before any other team from any other area.  The next level is my state.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

It’s more of a state pride thing than conference in this situation.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s more of a state pride thing than conference in this situation.  

Well his exact words were, “hoping for a big 12 sweep” not “hoping for a state of Texas sweep” 

So that doesn’t really hold water. But his second statement cleared things up a little. Still, my home applies for the most part though. 

I stick up for Texas teams above all else.  In a way it's like high school sports to me.  "My" team can't win it all every year so I'll root for bEast Texas before any other team from any other area.  The next level is my state.

Gotcha. 

33 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Well his exact words were, “hoping for a big 12 sweep” not “hoping for a state of Texas sweep” 

So that doesn’t really hold water. But his second statement cleared things up a little. Still, my home applies for the most part though. 

I know what he said, I was just telling what I thought of it.  I liked the CWS a couple years ago where three teams from the Lone Star state showed up

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Hmmmm, my guess is that this thread is about Texas Tech. Lol.

My apologies to all 3 of their fans on the board...

The thread wasn’t derailed it was just a slight dig. Back to flipping cars and setting things on fire now! Hope Lubbock has the national guard ready for tonight!!!

Just now, WETSU said:

My apologies to all 3 of their fans on the board...

The thread wasn’t derailed it was just a slight dig. Back to flipping cars and setting things on fire now! Hope Lubbock has the national guard ready for tonight!!!

I think he's being sarcastic because of the title of the thread haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

only when aggies do it

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

What "doesn't really hold water"?  Heck, if they weren't Texas teams, the Big 12 would be the next option...

...And I have no interest in pasture pool...null ..., although I would love to see Jordan Spieth win the Masters.

You get a pass, Golfingnut, because you're from Gladewater.

Lol, in all fairness, in basketball, I've been a big Virginia fan since I was a kid. (Many, many, many years ago) Plus, I have the Cavaliers winning my bracket. I've never picked winners in both the women's and men's brackets, so I have a chance for that too.