8 3a d1 whats your predictions

mightyeagle

1 hour ago, GigEm01 said:

Dude you love to come on here and bash Coach Sharp and his offensive style, and you seem to be very butt hurt about the fact that a heavier kid, I'm guessing you have some relationship too, is not running the ball.  The Cards are 4-0 and rolling over people.  Seems the McKinney kid is playing well, and the offense is getting it done.  From what I have read, they have lots of big plays, and score quickly.  You don't need to "grind out" 4-5 yards when you do that.  The defense seems to be playing well too, as they have given up a total of 36 points in 4 games.  I think you are a Sabine fan, but why can't you just be excited that the Cards are 4-0 and having the best year Sabine has had in a VERYYY long time?

Its not his offensive style I don't like nor am i as you say butt hurt nor do I have any relation to any kid on the team. Im saying when you have a kid that has broke his collarbone 9 yes 9 times you better have a plan which in Elkhart we clearly did not. I don't care how the game turned out. The QB is a great kid and athlete and ive known him his entire life and I would want no other kid playing QB. If we cant run the ball any decent defense will key on the QB every play and you wont go for like that. As far as the defense ive said from day 1 I think they can play with anybody in our district bar none. Yes im excited about the 4-0 but some changes will have to be made to continue that because our district is no cake walk. I am a fan but just because I am im not going to walk around with blinders on. I will say again, sometimes you have to adabt and work with what you have to work with not what you want to work with. We have great kids and some good athletes but we don't have the numbers of them as a lot of schools. Everybody wants to jump on me anytime I say anything about another team or my own team if it aint what they want to hear. I just signed on here to talk sports not compare body parts with people. Another thing is don't call me butthurt over Rex Sharp, you don't know me nor why I feel the way I do and really you shouldn't care. Have a good day.

2 hours ago, PapaBear1 said:

I think Sabine went 4-0 a couple years ago in predistrict then didn’t win a game in district. But not 100% sure

Back in the day, 2003 I believe, Sabine started out 5-0. First game of district was against 0-5 Jefferson. We lost 23-21, beat White Oak the next week, and then lost the last 3. 

Coach Sharp is a good coach. He will have a game plan before we start district. I don’t know who is going to be running the ball. The 3rd string that came in did ok but he missed blocks on several plays which probably has to do with not getting many reps in practice.  There is a good sized kid on jv that runs the ball well. I just don’t know about eligibility because he moved from Kilgore. We don’t need a great running back just someone that can get some yards to keep a defense honest. 

4 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Coach Sharp is a good coach. He will have a game plan before we start district. I don’t know who is going to be running the ball. The 3rd string that came in did ok but he missed blocks on several plays which probably has to do with not getting many reps in practice.  There is a good sized kid on jv that runs the ball well. I just don’t know about eligibility because he moved from Kilgore. We don’t need a great running back just someone that can get some yards to keep a defense honest. 

Y’all should send Coach Sharp to Daingerfield. They’d love to have him about now 😂

24 minutes ago, CardinalEdge said:

Be carefull talking about injuries of student athletes and using their names on here.  Parents might not want protected information put out on an open forum.  

I am really sorry about that, I did not think about that and should not have done it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will not happen again. I apologize if I said anything privacy related that bothered anybody. Sorry

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Not a chance. 

Let teams sleep on us. Sure we’re struggling to find our identity but with the talent we have I still have hope and believe we could actually compete with Gladewater for the crown. We may fall apart well before week 11 but it just feels like we are right there just can’t pull the trigger. 

5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Let teams sleep on us. Sure we’re struggling to find our identity but with the talent we have I still have hope and believe we could actually compete with Gladewater for the crown. We may fall apart well before week 11 but it just feels like we are right there just can’t pull the trigger. 

Head coaching change sure didn’t help the young group and might’ve set them back a year. Which isn’t anything bad necessarily, but I could see GW in a similar position if we would’ve made a head coaching switch  after last year. 

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Head coaching change sure didn’t help the young group and might’ve set them back a year. Which isn’t anything bad necessarily, but I could see GW in a similar position if we would’ve made a head coaching switch  after last year. 

Yeah. We’ve switched offensive formations within the last 2 weeks so that didn’t help either. Well it helped but woulda probably been better off running this offense all along but who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yeah. We’ve switched offensive formations within the last 2 weeks so that didn’t help either. Well it helped but woulda probably been better off running this offense all along but who knows. 

I wouldn't be concerned, yall have a lot of young talent. If I was coaching I wouldn't sleep on yall for sure and whoever does is likely to regret it. Im confident yall will get things turned around this year and if not at least you have a coach willing to make changes to try and fix things. I think things will get better.

Just now, Opie1 said:

I wouldn't be concerned, yall have a lot of young talent. If I was coaching I wouldn't sleep on yall for sure and whoever does is likely to regret it. Im confident yall will get things turned around this year and if not at least you have a coach willing to make changes to try and fix things. I think things will get better.

I still have high hopes for this year but our coach needs a full year to get the program headed in the direction he wants. Next year should be pretty good.