The Smoakhouse Forums

8 3a d1 whats your predictions

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You gonna have room for him with Coach Nelson riding with you?

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/the-jason-holman-era-begins-in-tatum/ Bless their hearts. “New coach same mentality” 

Originally we wanted WR but decided that we would rather play a contender. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Y’all should send Coach Sharp to Daingerfield. They’d love to have him about now 😂

He is a good coach, I just disagree with some things but that's with any coach. He seems to really care about the kids.

24 minutes ago, CardinalEdge said:

Be carefull talking about injuries of student athletes and using their names on here.  Parents might not want protected information put out on an open forum.  

I am really sorry about that, I did not think about that and should not have done it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It will not happen again. I apologize if I said anything privacy related that bothered anybody. Sorry

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Not a chance. 

Let teams sleep on us. Sure we’re struggling to find our identity but with the talent we have I still have hope and believe we could actually compete with Gladewater for the crown. We may fall apart well before week 11 but it just feels like we are right there just can’t pull the trigger. 

5 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Let teams sleep on us. Sure we’re struggling to find our identity but with the talent we have I still have hope and believe we could actually compete with Gladewater for the crown. We may fall apart well before week 11 but it just feels like we are right there just can’t pull the trigger. 

Head coaching change sure didn’t help the young group and might’ve set them back a year. Which isn’t anything bad necessarily, but I could see GW in a similar position if we would’ve made a head coaching switch  after last year. 

2 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Head coaching change sure didn’t help the young group and might’ve set them back a year. Which isn’t anything bad necessarily, but I could see GW in a similar position if we would’ve made a head coaching switch  after last year. 

Yeah. We’ve switched offensive formations within the last 2 weeks so that didn’t help either. Well it helped but woulda probably been better off running this offense all along but who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yeah. We’ve switched offensive formations within the last 2 weeks so that didn’t help either. Well it helped but woulda probably been better off running this offense all along but who knows. 

I wouldn't be concerned, yall have a lot of young talent. If I was coaching I wouldn't sleep on yall for sure and whoever does is likely to regret it. Im confident yall will get things turned around this year and if not at least you have a coach willing to make changes to try and fix things. I think things will get better.

Just now, Opie1 said:

I wouldn't be concerned, yall have a lot of young talent. If I was coaching I wouldn't sleep on yall for sure and whoever does is likely to regret it. Im confident yall will get things turned around this year and if not at least you have a coach willing to make changes to try and fix things. I think things will get better.

I still have high hopes for this year but our coach needs a full year to get the program headed in the direction he wants. Next year should be pretty good. 

7 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Must be nice to get stud move ins. 

Yeah sometimes when coaches leave and go to a different school players tend to follow them. Especially after they have built a relationship and the coach is only moving 15 miles down the road. 

It’s not like these kids moved in from Dallas or Houston or another state like Colorado 😂 they came from nearby schools like Henderson and Kilgore. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Yeah sometimes when coaches leave and go to a different school players tend to follow them. Especially after they have built a relationship and the coach is only moving 15 miles down the road. 

It’s not like these kids moved in from Dallas or Houston or another state like Colorado 😂 they came from nearby schools like Henderson and Kilgore. 

Happens a lot with every school. I know some of the Henderson kids also make their way to Carlisle. I wish just once GW could get a move in. We are just jealous lol. Isn’t there at least one unhappy stud defensive lineman going to Gilmer who wants to move 😂

13 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Happens a lot with every school. I know some of the Henderson kids also make their way to Carlisle. I wish just once GW could get a move in. We are just jealous lol. Isn’t there at least one unhappy stud defensive lineman going to Gilmer who wants to move 😂

Lol I hear ya! West Rusk is just so close to Henderson/Kilgore that it’s not that uncommon for them to get a move in from either one of those schools. 

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol I hear ya! West Rusk is just so close to Henderson/Kilgore that it’s not that uncommon for them to get a move in from either one of those schools. 

Can’t believe those Kilgore kids skip right over Leverets Chapel 😱

• Haha 1

The Kilgore kid has been there for several years. His mom has been an employee for a while. Its more like his dad came down to coach. As far as Henderson kids go, West Rusk school district goes all the way to the west side of the city limits of Henderson. Those kids have been going back and forth for years.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

The Kilgore kid has been there for several years. His mom has been an employee for a while. Its more like his dad came down to coach. As far as Henderson kids go, West Rusk school district goes all the way to the west side of the city limits of Henderson. Those kids have been going back and forth for years.

We aren’t talking about the freshman from Kilgore who’s Dad coaches here sir. We are referring to one of Kilgore’s RB who moved here at the end of school last year. He rushed for 367 yards and 4 TD’s last week

6 minutes ago, GoDawgs93 said:

We aren’t talking about the freshman from Kilgore who’s Dad coaches here sir. We are referring to one of Kilgore’s RB who moved here at the end of school last year. He rushed for 367 yards and 4 TD’s last week

Gotcha! Honestly I wish that wasn't an option. These schools that are prospering are all benefitting from move ins. We all know who they are. I think there needs to be more penalty time when they move around and also stricter guidelines to qualify to transfer. All reality, winning championships with non home grown kids is not proving much. This football in Texas high school is about like select baseball.

17 minutes ago, touchdownlsu said:

Gotcha! Honestly I wish that wasn't an option. These schools that are prospering are all benefitting from move ins. We all know who they are. I think there needs to be more penalty time when they move around and also stricter guidelines to qualify to transfer. All reality, winning championships with non home grown kids is not proving much. This football in Texas high school is about like select baseball.

It’s definitely different than it use to be. Anymore if a team has a bad season or a kid doesn’t get to play where they want they just go to the next closest school. Honestly not sure much can be done about it. It is just the times we live in.