8 3a d1 whats your predictions

mightyeagle

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Any GW fans did GW have any changes this offseason? Who do you think will get #1/#2 qb position this up coming season or will they share like the past season? It will be interesting to see how GW handles their offense. I think if they open the playbook up more, they could be a lot more dangerous. I know they lost a couple of good linemen and that wr. So that may dictate what they do. It'll be obvious that they'll feed Carter the ball. I like how that kid doesn't give up win, lose, or draw. He's a special athlete. 

I will be surprised if the freshman isn’t the full time starter. I agree with the offense being opened up some but we did lose our best offensive coach so it will be interesting to see what happens. Carter and Allen in the backfield will create problems for the next few years because Carter was only a sophomore this year. GW always seems to find ways to plug holes on the line and the JV had a solid line. Definitely some holes to fill on defense and I think that will be the key to the success of the team. I think we will see a lot of the skill position players from the JV on the defensive side because of the logjam of talent already on the offensive side. It will be a fun team either way and I’m ready for the season already!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
10 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I will be surprised if the freshman isn’t the full time starter. I agree with the offense being opened up some but we did lose our best offensive coach so it will be interesting to see what happens. Carter and Allen in the backfield will create problems for the next few years because Carter was only a sophomore this year. GW always seems to find ways to plug holes on the line and the JV had a solid line. Definitely some holes to fill on defense and I think that will be the key to the success of the team. I think we will see a lot of the skill position players from the JV on the defensive side because of the logjam of talent already on the offensive side. It will be a fun team either way and I’m ready for the season already!

Did you guys lose your OC? 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

He’s now the HC at Spring Hill. 

They got a good hire then! I haven't kepted up with hirings, just openings. Every game I seen last year, it seemed like he always called a good game. Are you guys closing in on HC yet?

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

They got a good hire then! I haven't kepted up with hirings, just openings. Every game I seen last year, it seemed like he always called a good game. Are you guys closing in on HC yet?

I assume that there have been some interviews but I really don’t know. 

On 4/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, Tiger03lb said:

Any GW fans did GW have any changes this offseason? Who do you think will get #1/#2 qb position this up coming season or will they share like the past season? It will be interesting to see how GW handles their offense. I think if they open the playbook up more, they could be a lot more dangerous. I know they lost a couple of good linemen and that wr. So that may dictate what they do. It'll be obvious that they'll feed Carter the ball. I like how that kid doesn't give up win, lose, or draw. He's a special athlete. 

I know when I was watching the Gladewater/Eustace playoff game I felt like those teams should switch offenses.

6 minutes ago, whs1965 said:

when did this happen. where is he going or retiring.

My limited knowledge is he is staying on as AD. The girls position is not a surprise. Honestly not sure of much other details and do not want to speculate anything. Will be interesting nonetheless to see what transpires over the next several weeks.

34 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Based on what I know, plan is for SP to stay on as AD next year and transition the new coach into same position the following year. 

any leads on the new coach. I have several ideas for both his position and the position of girls basketball coach.

36 minutes ago, whs1965 said:

any leads on the new coach. I have several ideas for both his position and the position of girls basketball coach.

Not to my knowledge. I would assume that those searches are in the works based on timeframe of the year.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, GWBears01 said:

And I agree the Qb getting hurt was a big part of the game. He was a phenomenal player and any team would miss him. You guys would have gone a lot further if he had been healthy. Injuries are part of it but they ####!  For selfish reasons I’m glad he is graduating but he was fun to watch. 

Kid was hell of an athlete. Gonna miss him dearly. 

• Stinks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:16 AM, GWBears01 said:

Please don’t play the Tatum role 🙄

That was last year. Only had 2 Senior skill players....freshmen and sophomores starting/rotating everywhere. No mas cupcakes mi amigo.......Tatum gonna pretty rowdy the next 2 years, likely 3. Gladewater is loading up too. Gonna be some fun battles between these 2 at the top for the next little while if Gwater stays 3A next shuffle. Tatum aint going back up for sure. Sabine makes the playoffs, finishes 3rd possibly. 

1. Tatum/Gladewater

3. Sabine - really liked their scrappiness last season. Kids played hard and they are huge up front.....return dang near everybody. 

4. Mineola - though if they can find some way to pass the ball just a tad to take the heat off of Snead.....they could be fairly solid. 

5. West Rusk - lost waaaayyyyy too much

6. White Oak 

7. Winny 

• Stinks 1

You guys are a lot more optimistic about Sabine than me. I guess I’m used to not being real good at football. Sabine might have a lot of sophomores playing on Varsity. Our freshman class this year may not have the speed to keep up with Gladewater and Tatum but they are very talented. I think little man will have some help in the backfield with a freshman. I think the last name Fortson may ring a bell for a few here  

Im not sold on Mineola unless they find some help for Snead. The qb was a senior right? 

I don’t know what White Oak has coming back but I think they compete for a playoff spot. 

10 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

You guys are a lot more optimistic about Sabine than me. I guess I’m used to not being real good at football. Sabine might have a lot of sophomores playing on Varsity. Our freshman class this year may not have the speed to keep up with Gladewater and Tatum but they are very talented. I think little man will have some help in the backfield with a freshman. I think the last name Fortson may ring a bell for a few here  

Im not sold on Mineola unless they find some help for Snead. The qb was a senior right? 

I don’t know what White Oak has coming back but I think they compete for a playoff spot. 

I played against Carlton Fortson my Senior year. We held y’all to 15 total yards I believe. 

11 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I heard it was going to rain every Friday night this fall. 😮😊