Prayers for Alto please

Sportsfanatic1

Thanks everyone, it has been unbelievable.  Total destruction in places and many lost everything.  As I understand it, 45 homes were a total loss and 125 damaged.  There were two tornadoes that came through, the first an EF2 and the second an EF3.  Praise God no one from our town was killed, but our prayers go out to the families of the lady who died while visiting the Caddoan Mounds State Park on Cultural Celebration Day, the lady from Weches (in Houston County) who was found 150 yards from her house (which was obliterated), and the two children in Angelina County in Pollok who were killed when a tree fell on their car as they traveled with their parents down a county road.  The boys were 8 and 3, and the older one was a 2nd grader at Central.  Still can't believe it.

Last night our Lady Jackets softball team traveled to Garrison and tonight the baseball team is playing Douglass at SFA.  No school still; emergency board meeting today and a district-wide faculty meeting tomorrow.  Ready for things to get back to "normal" but that will take some time.  Continued prayers appreciated.

Coached in Alto back in the late 80’s. They’re good people on on Hwy 21 and Hwy 69. Alto peeps, I know it hit the Caddo Mounds, did it hit The Flats? I know it was mainly on 21. Did it cross 69? I lived on Sand Flats Road when I coached there.

• 1 month later...

I know it's been over a month since the devastation from a tornado that went through the Alto area, but today I was heading to Crockett on hwy 21 and it looked like a huge weed eater went right down hwy 21 for about 4 or 5 miles. Continue to pray for the folks in the Alto area and other communities that had been hit by the outbreak of tornadoes this spring. Many folks have lost their homes. One more reason for me to not complain about simple stuff and to count my blessings.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Crawford said:

I know it's been over a month since the devastation from a tornado that went through the Alto area, but today I was heading to Crockett on hwy 21 and it looked like a huge weed eater went right down hwy 21 for about 4 or 5 miles. Continue to pray for the folks in the Alto area and other communities that had been hit by the outbreak of tornadoes this spring. Many folks have lost their homes. One more reason for me to not complain about simple stuff and to count my blessings.

Thanks, Crawford. The landscape around here completely changed in places. The 90 homes affected/destroyed are heartbreaking to see. The devastation is the new norm for right now as houses are still messed up, tree stumps and  green debris/metal litter the landscape , abandoned cable tv lines are down, and tarps are still everywhere. So much work to done at the school (all campuses but especially the high school!), including the gyms and fields. The majority of the high school students will be in portables next school year (thanks Center, Rusk, and Whitehouse for selling one a piece for a very reasonable price!!).

I am thankful for strong leadership and the resilient spirit of our citizens. We are #ALTOgether and will bounce back. 💪

A little thing: Working street lights on the new light poles! Also, new roofs being install everywhere. Wish insurance worked a little faster. They are awesome at receiving and reminding folks about premiums, but funny how they want to hang on to that money!

Anyway, continued prayers are appreciated as we recover. 

3C98C83F-E701-4FA7-84BB-DB137068F1EF.jpeg

2ED65487-60F5-4B06-A43A-59072E3563E2.jpeg

435C670B-EFC0-4A21-B37C-6A1131C83274.jpeg

BB1B00F6-0465-478D-B96B-18A7B9921CDB.jpeg

• Sad 1