Class 3A (D-II)

BoyzNdaHood

Back in the good old day there might be 2 kids in the entire district that actually ran laser time of 4.7 or faster.....No days there's 10-12 on every team just about. And I'm not talking about good coach XXXX with a stop watch time that claimed so and so ran a 4.3 lololol…..

54 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

All that is still the same. The only difference you guys are really seeing in what y'all call "physical" is the technique has changed for the better and seems less physical but in reality it's more physical in the aspect of it takes mind and strength to accomplish. The good old day of just put your head down and bull through someones chest is long past for great reasons. Y'all can say all you want about these kids today but they are bigger, stronger and more physical than we ever thought about being back in the day. The technology in the off season training is unreal these days. If we resorted back to the glory days of tacking in football we would see deaths everywhere due to the size and strength of a bunch of these kids. The speed would also eat all those guys for breakfast and it would turn out to be a scoring frenzy  in ever game.

We lost games last yr to teams that ran offenses that came down hill at you and was physical, we could've beat those teams if we were, we couldn't stop either of them cause we didn't do any tacking in practice, just don't take it all away and expect kids to be just as physical on game night, just ain't gonna happen 

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

We lost games last yr to teams that ran offenses that came down hill at you and was physical, we could've beat those teams if we were, we couldn't stop either of them cause we didn't do any tacking in practice, just don't take it all away and expect kids to be just as physical on game night, just ain't gonna happen 

Sometimes that's just not having the bigger more athletic kids and the game of match ups/coaching. I don't remember yall getting hammered by anyone. If your referring to losing a close game to a down hill running team then more than likely your guys played pretty physical till coaching finally exploited the weak link.

13 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

Sometimes that's just not having the bigger more athletic kids and the game of match ups/coaching. I don't remember yall getting hammered by anyone. If your referring to losing a close game to a down hill running team then more than likely your guys played pretty physical till coaching finally exploited the weak link.

Nall JJ, we're  just not a physical team right due to no contact in practices, we got no problem scoring points, just can't stop nobody, not all teams have no contact, thats soft football. 

6 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Back in the good old day there might be 2 kids in the entire district that actually ran laser time of 4.7 or faster.....No days there's 10-12 on every team just about. And I'm not talking about good coach XXXX with a stop watch time that claimed so and so ran a 4.3 lololol…..

I was a big ole lineman in the good ole days and I ran a 4.8 and there was more than 1 or two guys that could out run me, getting by me was a different story.

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Never understood Al always dogging Peg. I always found her to be hot. Polk High must’ve had to have some real hotties for him to be down on Peg. 

To quote Al Bundy “She’s my wife it’s just not right”

1 hour ago, Purpleforever said:

Can't pay them to go outside.

32 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s kinda pathetic. Vast majority have zero social skills. 

I used to tease my oldest daughter, that when she got married one day that her and the groom would have to text "I do" to each other or post it on Facebook, Instagram, etc. LOL 

50 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I used to tease my oldest daughter, that when she got married one day that her and the groom would have to text "I do" to each other or post it on Facebook, Instagram, etc. LOL 

LOL I try to get them to call whoever they are texting and that is unheard of. I'm an old dinosaur. Don't even own one myself.

5 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

LOL I try to get them to call whoever they are texting and that is unheard of. I'm an old dinosaur. Don't even own one myself.

When she was about 15, I grounded her from her CELL PHONE (not home phone). She went into a psychological meltdown hissy fit. Like her world was going to end. Because she wouldn't be able to keep in contact with her boyfriend or friends. When I explained she could still be able to talk to them on the home phone, she went nuts...she HAD to be able to text because that's how teenagers communicate she tried to explain. She stayed grounded btw. 

Kids!!!! :headbang:

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, TTman7 said:

When she was about 15, I grounded her from her CELL PHONE (not home phone). She went into a psychological meltdown hissy fit. Like her world was going to end. Because she wouldn't be able to keep in contact with her boyfriend or friends. When I explained she could still be able to talk to them on the home phone, she went nuts...she HAD to be able to text because that's how teenagers communicate she tried to explain. She stayed grounded btw. 

I got about six grandkids just like her. If something were to happen to all cell phones, it would kill them.

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, TTman7 said:

My nephew I adopted did the same thing. He was having a crazy meltdown randomly and we finally after a few hours figured out it was all over a cell phone and video games....So I calmy asked him  if he would be fine if I gave him his phone but no video games.....he said yes....so I did...Data turned off though....fit resumed....about 2 weeks went by and I noticed he was actually going outside to play.....then after a while he came to me as happy as he could be....He had just completed the Harry Potter book in 3 days.....as you can imagine I was very happy. I did let him have his games and phone back....but by then...he had found he could do a lot of other things that was just as fun....I got lucky with this one

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

My nephew I adopted did the same thing. He was having a crazy meltdown randomly and we finally after a few hours figured out it was all over a cell phone and video games....So I calmy asked him  if he would be fine if I gave him his phone but no video games.....he said yes....so I did...Data turned off though....fit resumed....about 2 weeks went by and I noticed he was actually going outside to play.....then after a while he came to me as happy as he could be....He had just completed the Harry Potter book in 3 days.....as you can imagine I was very happy. I did let him have his games and phone back....but by then...he had found he could do a lot of other things that was just as fun....I got lucky with this one

Good stuff my man. 

• Like 1