Class 3A (D-II)

BoyzNdaHood

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Paul Pewitt. We are spicing it up on offense. Told y’all to give Abron a little time. 

Curious to see how they spice it up. Care to give any inside info on how they will? Was impressed with your QB last year. Ran that offense well.

12 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Curious to see how they spice it up. Care to give any inside info on how they will? Was impressed with your QB last year. Ran that offense well.

They lost their #1 athlete who was their workhorse to a transfer. He'll be the hardest to replace imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

I honestly think ef will be really good. 

3 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

I have heard that from a few folks. But some of the EF folks on here say different.

I think the concern from some on here is EF's physicality. And they have a point to an extent and I agree with them somewhat. But I think EF can hang this year and be a dark horse candidate. They return quite a few skill people. Their o line will be young and inexperienced for the most part. Will be replacing 3 starters on the line. QB will be returning. He is a good athlete and can play the position pretty well. If they can cut down on the int's, tipped pass int's, and dropped passes that will help out an already strong offensive unit. EF will be Junior and Sophomore heavy this year.

From my standpoint, I have 2 concerns going into this year for EF. One concern I have with EF vs other teams is the team speed. EF will have a handful of kids that can run, but overall they won't be as fast as most teams they play in my opinion. The main concern for me is defense. Last year that was the Achilles heal of the EF season. And they will be replacing kids at each level of the defense. They will return most of the defensive backfield, but lost quite a few from the d line. If they can fix the defensive performances from last year, they improve their record by 2-3 regular season wins and at least 1 playoff win.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well in the Slot T, the FB does get more touches than any other skill position, other than the QB of coarse. You’re are correct sir. Already got a fill in for him though. Nice sophomore who had a few hundred yards last year as a freshman. 

All BS aside I just wish he could play. Here or there. Hes a good athlete 

On 6/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, 1jacket said:

If EF can put it all together, they should be pretty good and a tough out. It just depends on the Defense. 

If Ford gets them more physical, they will be very tough this yr. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

I think the concern from some on here is EF's physicality. And they have a point to an extent and I agree with them somewhat. But I think EF can hang this year and be a dark horse candidate. They return quite a few skill people. Their o line will be young and inexperienced for the most part. Will be replacing 3 starters on the line. QB will be returning. He is a good athlete and can play the position pretty well. If they can cut down on the int's, tipped pass int's, and dropped passes that will help out an already strong offensive unit. EF will be Junior and Sophomore heavy this year.

From my standpoint, I have 2 concerns going into this year for EF. One concern I have with EF vs other teams is the team speed. EF will have a handful of kids that can run, but overall they won't be as fast as most teams they play in my opinion. The main concern for me is defense. Last year that was the Achilles heal of the EF season. And they will be replacing kids at each level of the defense. They will return most of the defensive backfield, but lost quite a few from the d line. If they can fix the defensive performances from last year, they improve their record by 2-3 regular season wins and at least 1 playoff win.    

If Ford gets them physical, they can at least reach the region final IMO, but if not, first round again and done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

If Ford gets them physical, they can at least reach the region final IMO, but if not, first round again and done. 

I agree TD. Y’all had a nice offense for sure. Put an avg defense or better and y’all will be a tough matchup. 

Pretty much what I am thinking. The defense is why they went 1 and done last year. Didn't look like any adjustments were made from one game to another all season. It couldn't have been personnel. They had some quality players on the field. EF has the same defensive coordinator back this year. Hopefully he can figure something out to improve them on that side of the ball.

• Like 1

I agree TD. Y’all had a nice offense for sure. Put an avg defense or better and y’all will be a tough matchup. 

But as of right now I have 

PP

Daingerfield 

EF

Waskom in this order. 

• Stinks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Can’t tell ya that. But honestly who would’ve of thought lil ol’ Pewitt, with our 20 man roster and blazing 4.9 40 speed would’ve went 8-2 in the regular season? I’m a homer and I didn’t. Outside of Waskom’s experienced coach, I think we have the best HC in our district. 

That wouldn’t surprise anybody who just looked at you beat on your schedule in 2018.

New Boston: 0-10

Hooks: 4-6

Redwater: 1-9

Ore City: 3-7

New Diana: 3-7

Dekalb: 4-6

EF: 6-5

Queen City: 0-10

The only win in there that is surprising is EF.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

That wouldn’t surprise anybody who just looked at you beat on your schedule in 2018.

New Boston: 0-10

Hooks: 4-6

Redwater: 1-9

Ore City: 3-7

New Diana: 3-7

Dekalb: 4-6

EF: 6-5

Queen City: 0-10

The only win in there that is surprising is EF.

:rofl:

tenor (17).gif

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Daingerfield 

PP

EF

Waskom, is that better, don't let my opinion upset you lol

You didn't upset me at all. It was just funny to me because of how far off I think your prediction was. Just for the fact of pp hasn't added anything to make me believe otherwise. It's going to be, Dfield. Ef. And a tight race between waskom and pewitt for third and fourth.