Class 3A (D-II)

BoyzNdaHood

I think talent wise that Dfield is definitely a contender. I do believe it will be a lot of the same faces in those later rounds. I just hope that Cooper takes steps forward and wins some playoff games. We should win our district fairly easy yet again, but as we seen that didn't help prepare us for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, JETT said:

Maybe this is the year, I doubt it there's still that juggernaut harmony in the way.... we've got a few new kids move in and a change of calling so I'm anxious to c how it plays out... what about u guys 

We are in the building phase of turning us into little Gunter. We graduate a lot and have had a couple move out so its going to be tougher than last year but still think we should win our district.

23 hours ago, JETT said:

What's your thoughts on the upcoming season? Might as well get it going early..... newton loses some studs and a helluva coach... who will be the top runners coming into the season?

I have a few points I want to bring up.

1. Daingerfield
  2. Daingerfield
  3. Daingerfield
  4. Daingerfield
  5. Daingerfield

That's where this thread was headed anyways.

41 minutes ago, JETT said:I hear ya... what's your honest thoughts for this years top teams

I can really speak about Districts 10 and 11 honestly.

In 10:

I suspect Quitman and Frankston will be at the bottom again. I don’t know anything about what Grand Saline or Alba Golden are bringing back. Troup and Harmony are losing good groups of seniors. Arp has to be better you would think, and Winona will probably be Winona, could be amazing could be bad it just depends on what night you catch them.

In 11:

DF will be the team to beat. Pewitt and Waskom should be very good this year. I’m not sure what to expect from EF. Ore City, Diana, and Dekalb are probably all about the same with Queen City bringing up the rear.

21 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I think talent wise that Dfield is definitely a contender. I do believe it will be a lot of the same faces in those later rounds. I just hope that Cooper takes steps forward and wins some playoff games. We should win our district fairly easy yet again, but as we seen that didn't help prepare us for the playoffs.

Looking forward to the Gunter-dfield game in dfield. Will know a little more after this one. 

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

In 11:

DF will be the team to beat. Pewitt and Waskom should be very good this year. I’m not sure what to expect from EF. Ore City, Diana, and Dekalb are probably all about the same with Queen City bringing up the rear.

EF will be full of Juniors and Sophomores. Most with experience from last year. A few with not much experience at all. EF returns most of their skill position players. They will have to replace 3 o linemen. About the same on defense with returning players and losses.

Waskom lost a lot of their production but I am sure they will just reload. Their JV teams have been pretty good since the current staff has been there so it may not be that much of a drop off. They have the best coaching staff in the district that always has their team prepared. They have stolen a couple of games that I have seen just out coaching the other team.

PP will return a lot also if I remember correctly. They had a lot of Juniors and Sophomores playing last year

Daingerfield is returning just about everyone too. They are obviously the team to beat in the district.

I think the above 4 are your playoff teams again from the district, but the order for 2, 3, 4 could go anyway between PP, Waskom, & EF.

Waskom losses everyone. EF brings back a bunch. Daingerfield will be loaded. Pewitt will be good. But will there RB be eligible?  Big Question mark. Dekalb will be better. I think Daingerfield wins it. If Ford doesn’t beat Keeling this year. It’s time to pack the bags up. I agree Waskom has best staff. But you can’t win without talent 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I have a few points I want to bring up.

1. Daingerfield
  2. Daingerfield
  3. Daingerfield
  4. Daingerfield
  5. Daingerfield

That's where this thread was headed anyways.

I had to beat Natureboy to the punch, lol. :woot:

giphy (10).gif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JETT said:

ND down again this year?

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That’s the normal spot for them this decade outside of 2017.

Yea, they MAY be a LITTLE better this coming year. But not by much. Their big spark was Choyce #5 and he graduated. 

The '17 season was special, and I don't think ND will see that again for a long time. 

1 hour ago, JETT said:

#5 was the one with alot of anger issues correct? If I recall him he was a good athlete 

Yes! I think he set the school, district, region, state record for PF & UC penalties for a career. 

He was a great athlete, and when he had his head on straight he was a very special & electric player. 

He signed with Tyler JC. Hope he can get a chance to show his athletic & football ability. 

• Mr. P changed the title to Class 3A (D-II)