Which Master do you Serve?

RETIREDFAN1

Which Master do you Serve? God or Satan?

By: Jim Crews

We all serve one of two masters. We serve either God or Satan. It is impossible to serve more than one master.

Matthew 6: 24

We will be totally devoted to one, and not the other. We have a choice. We can choose to serve God, or we can choose to serve Satan. There is no middle ground. We are either good or evil.

Serving Satan is easy. In fact, we can serve Satan by doing absolutely nothing at all.

Matthew 25: 41 - 46

We serve Satan by being selfish.

Psalm 119: 36

Philippians 2: 3

James 3: 14 - 16

Being selfish means that we go around putting our own needs and wants above those of others. Being selfish means that we don’t do anything without expecting to receive something in return. Being selfish goes against everything Jesus taught and exemplified by His actions and His life.

Matthew 5: 42

The selfish person, who is serving his master Satan, asks “what's in it for me?”

When a selfish person does actually give, they make sure everyone knows about it.

Matthew 6: 2 - 3

Being a selfish person is being a servant of Satan, which is the easy path.

Being a servant of God means we will give freely of ourselves, not asking for anything in return. The servant of God knows full well the value of selfless giving. It is building up treasure in Heaven, and not on Earth.

Matthew 6: 19 - 21

Being a servant of God even means we should be graceful to our enemies. It means we should even give aid to those who hate us.

Matthew 5: 42 - 48

Romans 12: 19 - 20

Being a servant of God means we demonstrate our faith to Him through our good works.

Matthew 25: 34 - 40

James 2: 14 - 17

Servants of Satan sin without worry in this world. They do what they want to do and don’t feel bad about it at all. They freely commit all manner of evil that God has condemned.

Galatians 5: 19 - 21

Ephesians 5: 3 - 6

I Thessalonians 3: 3 - 8

Revelation 21: 8

They do this because they may claim to believe in God, but they don’t recognize His power and His authority. Therefore, He has allowed them to be deceived.

Romans 1: 18 - 25

II Thessalonians 2: 9 - 12

They worship their own intellect and emotions rather than God. They don’t care what God has to say about things, they do what they want.

I Timothy 4: 2

They have no hope in their unchanged, impenitent state. Servants of Satan earn their wages.

Romans 2: 5

Romans 6: 23

Servants of God are expected to strive their best to avoid sin.

I Thessalonians 5: 22

Hebrews 12: 3 - 5

Servants of God are expected to strive to remain separate and apart from the sinful world.

I Peter 1: 14 - 23

Romans 12: 2

I Peter 4: 1 - 5

Servants of God have a harder time here on earth than servants of Satan, but servants of Satan will have eternal fire to pay for their disobedience to God, while those who serve God will have eternal joy in Heaven.

Servants of Satan are loved by those in the world.

John 15: 19

Servants of God are despised and hated by the world.

John 15: 18

Servants of God should expect derision, ridicule, and mistreatment from the rest of the world.

John 15: 20

II Corinthians 4: 8 - 10

II Timothy 3: 11 - 13

Despite this, we are to bless and pray for those who mistreat us.

Romans 12: 14

We are to endure these things.

I Corinthians 4: 11 - 13

Doing so brings us great blessings from God.

Matthew 5: 10 - 12

Servants of Satan are disobedient to God’s Word.

Titus 1: 16

Servants of God were once disobedient as well.

Titus 3: 3

Servants of Satan heard the word of God, and it didn’t mean anything at all to them.

Mark 4: 15

However, the servants of God, when hearing the Word, believed what it was they heard.

Romans 10: 17

Servants of Satan who heard the word, and may have believed what they heard, still refuse to obey the Word.

John 3: 36

Romans 2: 8 - 9

Galatians 5: 7

The disobedient have their eternal future sealed.

II Thessalonians 1: 8

I Peter 4: 17

Servants of God obeyed the Word.

II Corinthians 10: 4 - 6

Philippians 2: 12 - 13

Hebrews 5: 9

I John 5: 2

How do we obey the Word? We repent of our past sins.

Luke 13: 3

Acts 17: 30

We make a public confession of our faith that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Matthew 10: 32 - 33

Romans 10: 9 - 10

We then are commanded to be immersed in water to have our sins washed away.

Mark 16: 16

Acts 2: 38

Acts 22: 16

Once we do what we have been commanded to do by our King, we are cleansed from our sins and become servants of God.

We are then told to live faithfully unto death.

Revelation 2: 10

None of us are perfect. We will still sin. However, those who have obeyed God now have freedom from the wages of sin as long as we continue to walk in the light.

I John 1: 5 - 7

That freedom though depends on us keeping sin out of our lives. God knows, though, that we won’t be able to do that, so He provided for a way to cleanse us when we sin again after we have obeyed the Gospel. When we do sin again, we must repent of that sin, confess it to God, and ask for Him to forgive us.

Acts 8: 22

I John 1: 8 - 10

He will forgive us every single time. Are you a servant of God, or are you a servant of Satan? Being a servant of Satan is easy, and the majority of humanity are his servants. Being a servant of God is hard, and very few are His servants.

Matthew 7: 13 - 14

It is worth all you sacrifice in this world, though, to be given eternal life by the Father.