The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

Woodward to LSU?

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’ve heard it’s a very small factor but still a factor. He would have stayed for anyone but LSU from what I’ve heard. But his alma mater calling and his friend probably getting the boot compared with being a little underpaid could all be factors. I do not think this is about money at all though. 

I didn’t think it was either.  Sometimes Home just means more.....

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I didn’t think it was either.  Sometimes Home just means more.....

Yea I can’t fault the guy. Unless he tries to come after jimbo in a couple of years when the fire ED O. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea I can’t fault the guy. Unless he tries to come after jimbo in a couple of years when the fire ED O. 

It’s coming I think.  Fishers actions will tell you a lot in the next year or so.  Look for aTm to renegotiate his contract to include a buyout clause.  If fisher balks, you know where his loyalty lies

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s coming I think.  Fishers actions will tell you a lot in the next year or so.  Look for aTm to renegotiate his contract to include a buyout clause.  If fisher balks, you know where his loyalty lies

I don’t think so at all. They aren’t going to try to renegotiate to include the buyout. I think fisher is extremely happy at A&M. What this will be about is if the new president and AD give him what he wants. For instance, he is renovating a weight room that was state of the art and built just 3 years ago because that’s what he wants. Keep giving him those things and he won’t be going anywhere. Stop giving him those, and it’s a whole new ballgame. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think so at all. They aren’t going to try to renegotiate to include the buyout. I think fisher is extremely happy at A&M. What this will be about is if the new president and AD give him what he wants. For instance, he is renovating a weight room that was state of the art and built just 3 years ago because that’s what he wants. Keep giving him those things and he won’t be going anywhere. Stop giving him those, and it’s a whole new ballgame. 

We’ll see soon enough.  I mean his contract is lucrative enough from the pay aspect.  The no buyout clause though means only one thing to me.  If something better in his mind comes along there’s not a huge obstacle to make it happen.  I honestly can’t see why aTm didn’t ensure there was a buyout in his contract.  Who actually handles the HC contract?

Most relevant topic for this...

https://es.pn/2WiOrWs

LSU needs another solid

season to keep this intact

Have these WR recruits watched LSU play offense before? Lol

9 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Have these WR recruits watched LSU play offense before? Lol

Last year was a solid improvement in showing that they want to throw the ball more.  It was ugly at times, but effective in balancing the game.  LSU with some better WRs could have been huge for Burrow and the offense