post your WAY TOO EARLY NCAA FOOTBALL TOP 30

You know, everyone makes a Top 25 and then talks about this team or that team was in my next 3 to 5 teams...so here is my COACH PELVIS PRESLEY'S WAY TOO EARLY TOP 30

1.   Clemson Tigers                                            16. Houston Cougars

2.   Alabama Crimson Tide                              17. Tennessee Volunteers

3.   Georgia Bulldogs                                        18. Oregon Ducks

4.   Texas Longhorns                                         19. Kentucky Wildcats

5.   Oklahoma Sooners                                    20. Iowa State Cyclones

6.   Florida Gators                                             21. Washington State Cougars

7.   Michigan Wolverines                                 22. Army Cadets

8.   LSU Tigers                                                   23. Northwestern Wildcats

9.   Texas A&M Aggies                                     24. Appalachian State Mountaineers

10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish                        25. Stanford Cardinal

11. UCF Golden Knights                                  26. Arkansas Razorbacks

12. Auburn Tigers                                             27. Utah State Aggies

13. Ohio State Buckeyes                                 28. Florida State Seminoles

14. Nebraska Cornhuskers                              29. USC Trojans

15. Washington Huskies                                   30. Baylor Bears

17 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

You have Arkansas kinda high up eh?? 

Hey, I'm gonna drink the Hog kool-aid since Jeff's (Traylor) there with Chad and they're doing well with recruits. I believe they will continue to change that mindset totally and it will be a total difference in what is seen this year. I want to believe...I'd want to believe if I was any kid near there...if you accidentally took a swig of the kool-aid, you'd be in that "pig cult" too.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Hey, I'm gonna drink the Hog kool-aid since Jeff's (Traylor) there with Chad and they're doing well with recruits. I believe they will continue to change that mindset totally and it will be a total difference in what is seen this year. I want to believe...I'd want to believe if I was any kid near there...if you accidentally took a swig of the kool-aid, you'd be in that "pig cult" too.

Sorry but 5-7 or 6-6 wont get you near the top 30

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Should be a 6-7 win season including a bowl, we'll see if they fold after their first loss or bounce back afterwards. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Texas at 4 with what they lost on defense is a super far stretch imo. I think A&M at 9 is slightly high as well. They are somewhere around 12-14 imo. 

Texas is a stretch at 4, but I’d say top 10.  Texas will be as good on defense as they were last year.  The secondary will return all safeties, and replace two CB’s with better talent.  Replacing Gary Johnson is the biggest concern but that’s what you said about replacing Malik Jefferson.  Gary Johnson did just fine and I feel Orlando will scheme well with whoever takes that spot. Replacing Hager isn’t hard.  I think Coburn will be an upgrade to what Nelson was. Omenihu will be the second hardest to replace, but Texas has recruited well for his spot the last 2-3 years.  

52 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas is a stretch at 4, but I’d say top 10.  Texas will be as good on defense as they were last year.  The secondary will return all safeties, and replace two CB’s with better talent.  Replacing Gary Johnson is the biggest concern but that’s what you said about replacing Malik Jefferson.  Gary Johnson did just fine and I feel Orlando will scheme well with whoever takes that spot. Replacing Hager isn’t hard.  I think Coburn will be an upgrade to what Nelson was. Omenihu will be the second hardest to replace, but Texas has recruited well for his spot the last 2-3 years.  

Time will tell. Still lots of unknowns to have them top 5 imo, but I agree they probably fit in around that 9-10 range because of QB play. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Time will tell. Still lots of unknowns to have them top 5 imo, but I agree they probably fit in around that 9-10 range because of QB play. 

There’s a lot of talent on offense besides just qb.  

Watch the two corners this fall.  They’ll be better than boyd and Davis was halfway through season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Cook and Green will be better than Boyd/Davis IMO, but they'll have some growing pains early on.

DL as a whole should still be solid, maybe even improved.  Omenihu will be tuff to replace, but replacing Hager could even that out.   Coburn should be a stud in the middle and having Ossai as a full time starter will help the pass rush.

LB is the biggest ? to me.  McCullough hasn't lived up his high rating coming out of HS.  Maybe he puts it together this year.  Not sure on the other spot.  Caleb Johnson will eventually start IMO, but it may take half a season or so like it did with Gary Johnson.  Losing Floyd for the season was a blow.

Texas has National Championship level players at Safety.

I'm looking at the schedule and I don't see a QB that can sling it around like Texas has faced the last few years in guys like Darnold, Mayfield, Murray, Grier, Rudolph.  Maybe Hurts?  I have no idea who Gundy's QB will be, and West Virginia and Tech may not be air raid teams with new coaches.

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Watch the two corners this fall.  They’ll be better than boyd and Davis was halfway through season.  

There’s not top 10 talent on offense besides QB. I think many Texas fans are acting like what happened the final two games of the year was the normal. This is still the team that struggled to beat several none top 25 teams throughout the year. We have yet to find out if this team is consistent enough for a top 5 team. 

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Cook and Green will be better than Boyd/Davis IMO, but they'll have some growing pains early one.

DL as a whole should still be solid, maybe even improved.  Omenihu will be tuff to replace, but replacing Hager could even that out.   Coburn should be a stud in the middle and having Ossai as a full time starter will help the pass rush.

LB is the biggest ? to me.  McCullough hasn't lived up his high rating coming out of HS.  Maybe he puts it together this year.  Not sure on the other spot.  Caleb Johnson will eventually start IMO, but it may take half a season or so like it did with Gary Johnson.  Losing Floyd for the season was a blow.

Texas has National Championship level players at Safety.

I'm looking at the schedule and I don't see a QB that can sling it around like Texas has faced the last few years in guys like Darnold, Mayfield, Murray, Grier, Rudolph.  Maybe Hurts?  I have no idea who Gundy's QB will be, and West Virginia and Tech may not be air raid teams with new coaches.

Losing Floyd was a blow to depth, but not succes counted for this year.  I didn’t see him starting, but maybe making some meaningful contributions down the stretch.  ossai McCullough and adeoye will be good, with Johnson prolly being a big contributor.

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

There’s not top 10 talent on offense besides QB. I think many Texas fans are acting like what happened the final two games of the year was the normal. This is still the team that struggled to beat several none top 25 teams throughout the year. We have yet to find out if this team is consistent enough for a top 5 team. 

Collin Johnson, Keontay Ingram, Devin Duvernay aren’t top 10 talent.  Did you get off the short bus?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

That must be some strong kool-aid. They will be lucky if they are .500 this year.

Collin Johnson, Keontay Ingram, Devin Duvernay aren’t top 10 talent.  Did you get off the short bus?

No, it’s not. But by all means, go ahead and keep hyping up the machine. It will make you look like an even bigger fool when they finish something like 8-4 again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Besides I’ve already showed you the stats on another argument about Texas WRs. Texas is not a top 10 talent in terms of skill position offensive players. They are good, but I can name 10 teams with deeper and better talent overall from a 3wr and 2rbs combo than Texas. 

56 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Besides I’ve already showed you the stats on another argument about Texas WRs. Texas is not a top 10 talent in terms of skill position offensive players. They are good, but I can name 10 teams with deeper and better talent overall from a 3wr and 2rbs combo than Texas. 

You were talking positional talent at first.    You specifically said qb was the only top 10 talent Those guys I listed are as good as anybody in the country.  But now you’re talking overall and depth.  Yes I know Texas doesn’t have the depth that others have offensively, but you’re changing the topic now.  

You were talking positional talent at first.    You specifically said qb was the only top 10 talent Those guys I listed are as good as anybody in the country.  But now you’re talking overall and depth.  Yes I know Texas doesn’t have the depth that others have offensively, but you’re changing the topic now.  

No I’m saying the starting 4 positional players for Texas are not top 10. Ingram is very unproven in terms of pushing this unit to a top 10 status. And the WRs are good, but not dominant enough to say their play lifts them above many other teams with good WRs. 

Texas has some weapons, but they are not a top 10 unit of positional starters.

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

No I’m saying the starting 4 positional players for Texas are not top 10. Ingram is very unproven in terms of pushing this unit to a top 10 status. And the WRs are good, but not dominant enough to say their play lifts them above many other teams with good WRs. 

Texas has some weapons, but they are not a top 10 unit of positional starters.

Unproven doesn’t mean the talent isn’t there.  Now you’re changing the topic to experience.  They have top 10 level type talent scattered out on offense,  you just won’t admit it.  The Aggy in you won’t let you.  

POST YOUR WAY TOO EARLY TOP 25 or WAY TOO EARLY TOP 30...whichever you feel more appropriate!!! The point of this beautiful topic...maybe a little comparison.

I freely admit that I may or may not have teams miles off in my Top 30, as we haven't even got to summer time. Tua and Trevor may both tear ACL's this summer making sweet clean to each other at the Manning camp and ruin the college playoff for betters. 

• PelvisPresley changed the title to post your WAY TOO EARLY NCAA FOOTBALL TOP 30

I'll take a shot:

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia

6. Texas

7. Notre Dame 

8. Florida 

9. Michigan

10. Oregon

11. Texas A&M

12. LSU

13. UCF

14. Washington State 

15. Syracuse 

16. Utah

17. Washington

18. Penn State 

19. Stanford 

20. Northwestern

21. Wisconsin

22. Auburn

23. Iowa

24. Army

25. Nebraska

I had OU at 3, but both OU and Ohio State return 4 starters on offense and 10 on defense. And I'm not sure what OU's defense will look like, so I gave OSU the upper hand. I personally think Texas is between 6-10. Usually those teams in that range are all pretty similar imo.

14 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Dang i hate arguing with you @DB2point0, but I will have to on this one. 

Arkansas will be better are EVERY position next year.

You are right, there will still be some pieces of Bert still hanging around, but not many. This has been a major overhaul in a short period of time.

There will be young talent all over the field and it will be faster and better than anything that has been in Arkansas in a long time.

Not saying they are top 25 worthy, or even top 40 worthy right now,  but the change will be substantial and obvious. I would be surprised if they weren't bowl eligible.

• Like 2