post your WAY TOO EARLY NCAA FOOTBALL TOP 30

17 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Dang i hate arguing with you @DB2point0, but I will have to on this one. 

Arkansas will be better are EVERY position next year.

You are right, there will still be some pieces of Bert still hanging around, but not many. This has been a major overhaul in a short period of time.

There will be young talent all over the field and it will be faster and better than anything that has been in Arkansas in a long time.

Not saying they are top 25 worthy, or even top 40 worthy right now,  but the change will be substantial and obvious. I would be surprised if they weren't bowl eligible.

How many new players has Morris’s brought in since he was hired?  New recruits + transfers.  How many players have left due to graduation an transfer?  Still looking at half (if not more) of a roster of big10 players.  Yes he’s got some good young talent but everybody else in the sec West has experienced players and depth in their favor when compared to Arkansas.  One more year of getting teeth kicked in before I say Arkansas is competitive in the sec west. 

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

How many new players has Morris’s brought in since he was hired?  New recruits + transfers.  How many players have left due to graduation an transfer?  Still looking at half (if not more) of a roster of big10 players.  Yes he’s got some good young talent but everybody else in the sec West has experienced players and depth in their favor when compared to Arkansas.  One more year of getting teeth kicked in before I say Arkansas is competitive in the sec west. 

Not going to argue about being competitive in the SEC West, we will still lose more than we win next year in Conference.

But, there will be more Morris signed players on Scholarship next year than Bert signed players. We will have SEC caliber talent at every starting position next year, however most of that talent will be young and/or inexperienced. And the back ups will still be Big10 players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not going to argue about being competitive in the SEC West, we will still lose more than we win next year in Conference.

But, there will be more Morris signed players on Scholarship next year than Bert signed players. We will have SEC caliber talent at every starting position next year, however most of that talent will be young and/or inexperienced. And the back ups will still be Big10 players.

So starting a bunch of true freshmen, RS freshman or sophs on OL?  That’s not a good recipe.  What about DL?

22 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So starting a bunch of true freshmen, RS freshman or sophs on OL?  That’s not a good recipe.  What about DL?

Two JUCO transfers on Offensive Line will help tremendously, injuries plagued the Oline last year, they will have depth and experience this year, played some true freshman last year.

Defensive Line will be a mixture of young and old, that was the best part of the whole team last year. They lost one Senior at DE, but the interior is returning. The incoming recruiting class was big on Defensive Lineman and some will contribute, but won't be starters.

MUCH more speed in the secondary and at WR, but it will be young.

The QB grad transfers (Hicks - SMU and Starkel-A&M) will battle it out for the job. Either will be a huge upgrade from what they had last year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

No, it’s not. But by all means, go ahead and keep hyping up the machine. It will make you look like an even bigger fool when they finish something like 8-4 again. 

We must be talking about A&M...I think they are more likely to disappoint and win only 8 than the Horns

• Thanks 1

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma

Now instead of ranking the rest I would look at it like this... 

Teams who should be better and finish close to the top 10:

LSU, A&M, Michigan, Michigan State

Teams who are about the same and top 10 caliber:

Texas, Oregon

Teams who aren't quite as good and will still finish close to top 10:

Ohio St, Washington (by default), Florida

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

Besides I’ve already showed you the stats on another argument about Texas WRs. Texas is not a top 10 talent in terms of skill position offensive players. They are good, but I can name 10 teams with deeper and better talent overall from a 3wr and 2rbs combo than Texas. 

of course you're choosing guys that will be like receivers 1, 4, and 6 this coming year in your analysis...excellent work

and I don't think you'll know what 2 RB's the team has to decide amongst in your analysis...I know they weren't going to show **** to the masses that could scout through Longhorn Network or ESPN as such. The evening was purely for fun and giggles...trying not to get anyone hurt and get that last extra generic practice in for fans so they could have an autograph get together.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

of course you're choosing guys that will be like receivers 1, 4, and 6 this coming year in your analysis...excellent work

I haven’t listed a single person specifically... 

Clemson 

Alabama

Texas/OU: Big12 CCG winner

Florida/Georgia: whoever wins the east

Texas is replacing a lot on defense no doubt but one thing that helps young players in playing at home. Texas only leaves the state to play a game twice this season 10/5 vs WVU and 11/16 vs ISU. LSU in game 2 will be the toughest test before OU but it’s at home and that is much easier on young defenders than Baton Rouge. I think Texas will be better in 2020 but 2019 may be a better year because of the schedule. In the Big12 this year with all the coaching and QB changes, Baylor and ISU may be the 3rd best team as of now. 

23 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'll take a shot:

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Ohio State

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia

6. Texas

7. Notre Dame 

8. Florida 

9. Michigan

10. Oregon

11. Texas A&M

12. LSU

13. UCF

14. Washington State 

15. Syracuse 

16. Utah

17. Washington

18. Penn State 

19. Stanford 

20. Northwestern

21. Wisconsin

22. Auburn

23. Iowa

24. Army

25. Nebraska

I had OU at 3, but both OU and Ohio State return 4 starters on offense and 10 on defense. And I'm not sure what OU's defense will look like, so I gave OSU the upper hand. I personally think Texas is between 6-10. Usually those teams in that range are all pretty similar imo.

thank you sir

1. Alabama
 2. Clemson
 3. Georgia
 4. Ohio State
 5. Oklahoma
 6. Michigan
 7. La. State
 8. Florida
 9. Oregon
10. Texas A&M 
11. Michigan State
12. Texas
13. Miami
14. Auburn
15. Penn State
16. Washington
17. Notre Dame
18. Utah
19. Wisconsin
20. TCU
21. Virginia
22. Miss. State
23. Wash. State
24. Virginia Tech
25. Central Fla.
26. Stanford
27. Syracuse
28. Northwestern
29. South Carolina
30. Iowa State

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

are you kidding...I bet there are less than 20% of Bert's old players around and "active" in the program at this point. I would be willing to GUARANTEE that those ex-hogs see less than 10% of total play time this year. it's a new day and time and there's been a year of recruiting, "work", "encouragement for (deadweight) to leave & seek other opportunities", and "education"...it's a different place full of opportunity now. win or lose, it'll be a different world and look world's different and "the record player" will be spinning a lot faster.

4 minutes ago, AKA said:

1. Alabama
 2. Clemson
 3. Georgia
 4. Ohio State
 5. Oklahoma
 6. Michigan
 7. La. State
 8. Florida
 9. Oregon
10. Texas A&M 
11. Michigan State
12. Texas
13. Miami
14. Auburn
15. Penn State
16. Washington
17. Notre Dame
18. Utah
19. Wisconsin
20. TCU
21. Virginia
22. Miss. State
23. Wash. State
24. Virginia Tech
25. Central Fla.
26. Stanford
27. Syracuse
28. Northwestern
29. South Carolina
30. Iowa State

thank you good sir

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Clemson 

Alabama

Texas/OU: Big12 CCG winner

Florida/Georgia: whoever wins the east

Texas is replacing a lot on defense no doubt but one thing that helps young players in playing at home. Texas only leaves the state to play a game twice this season 10/5 vs WVU and 11/16 vs ISU. LSU in game 2 will be the toughest test before OU but it’s at home and that is much easier on young defenders than Baton Rouge. I think Texas will be better in 2020 but 2019 may be a better year because of the schedule. In the Big12 this year with all the coaching and QB changes, Baylor and ISU may be the 3rd best team as of now. 

I just don't love the Longhorn skill players on offense.  I love everything else about this team.  The OL is going to be average, but can't be worse than last year.  2020 is the year...  not 2019

19 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma

Now instead of ranking the rest I would look at it like this... 

Teams who should be better and finish close to the top 10:

LSU, A&M, Michigan, Michigan State

Teams who are about the same and top 10 caliber:

Texas, Oregon

Teams who aren't quite as good and will still finish close to top 10:

Ohio St, Washington (by default), Florida

Thanks guys for taking no time and effort and trying to start your own topic on this...that's probably why so many now are announcing their way too early top 3 or 4...

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Thanks guys for taking no time and effort and trying to start your own topic on this...that's probably why so many now are announcing their way too early top 3 or 4...

I couldn't tell you the top 30... Who knows if TCU will rebound.  Or USC learns to use their talent.  Or if Boise St comes and dominates their conference.  Houston gets back to their old ways and wins 11 or 12...  The top 10 is easy to figure out with some variables.  The rest is like Kirt's weekly pick 'ems.  Close your eyes and throw darts at a map.

I named 13 teams in my post... rank those in whatever order you want... that's my top 13... thats the best I can do without guessing and cheating using other rankings from other sources.  

And just for the other people talking, no way in hell I am putting Arkansas in the top 30 if I am a betting man.  I love their coach and what he is building, but we are talking about him trying to win 8-9 games in the SEC west with essentially a team full of Freshmen.

exactly, it took some thought to look at the final polls last year and think about who was graduating/had a million transfers out/in, who got new coaches, and looking at recruiting classes. 

it creates something to talk about later as the season boils down to see how close we came maybe.

Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

exactly, it took some thought to look at the final polls last year and think about who was graduating/had a million transfers out/in, who got new coaches, and looking at recruiting classes. 

it creates something to talk about later as the season boils down to see how close we came maybe.

I will reveal my final top 10-25 sometime this summer with my annual "MavGrad's Way too Early Preview".  That is after I have done all of my research.  I am an athletic trainer at a high school with 5 kids at home... it's still working season :p  Research season starts May 25th!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I just don't love the Longhorn skill players on offense.  I love everything else about this team.  The OL is going to be average, but can't be worse than last year.  2020 is the year...  not 2019

I think people will be very surprised by the Texas offense this year. I think 3 freshmen are going to play a lot and have a huge impact, Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, and Jake Smith. They will give the Texas offense a huge jolt and more homerun hitters than last year.

I completely agree with the part I bolded in your comment. I just think the schedule is easier in 2019 and if Texas can find a way to beat LSU at home in game 2 then only OU is left as a scary opponent. 

Texas could lose to LSU and beat OU and then play OU again for a shot at the playoffs. Texas could beat LSU and then lose to OU then play OU again with a shot at the playoffs. I just don’t see a scary opponent outside of those two teams. 

Texas played flat against inferior teams last year and that could be a problem in 2019 too but I can’t really predict that. I’m just looking at the schedule and everything the Big12 has coming back and it looks weaker than last year.