2019 NFL Draft Thread

I don't know what Arizona could have done differently, but they have definitely lost value on Rosen. Coach GQ better get it right, and quickly. He needs to draft some quality offensive linemen.

The first reach was Ferrell at 4 for the Raiders

Daniel Jones was a major reach at 6. 17 would have made more sense. I realize he is a pro style QB and may not have lasted past Miami.

With the way the draft has played out, there is plenty of safety and WR talent going into the 2nd round. Someone worth the pick should fall to the Cowboys.

• Like 3

Connor Livesay- 

The Cowboys have to survive 25 picks.

CGJ

Taylor Rapp

DK Metcalf

Irv Smith Jr

Byron Murphy

Greedy Williams

Jawaan Taylor

Cody Ford 

Hakeem Butler 

Deebo Samuel

A.J. Brown 

Chase Winovich 

Kelvin Harmon 

Nasir Adderley 

Jachai Polite

Zach Allen

Thats 16 names and Thornhill isn’t even listed. With the way teams were moving up cheap, keep an eye on that if he falls close to 58.

I like Washington’s draft. Sit and get Haskins without trading up. Then trading back into the 1st to get the sliding Montez Sweat. Arguably the best QB and best pass rusher. Not shabby.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I like Washington’s draft. Sit and get Haskins without trading up. Then trading back into the 1st to get the sliding Montez Sweat. Arguably the best QB and best pass rusher. Not shabby.

Agree on both. I thought they had a great first rd. 

Matt Stepp- 

Kyler Murray, Allen HS Enrollment: 6,664

LJ Collier, Munday HS Enrollment: 92

Both state champions, both first round picks and both proof if you can play it doesn't matter what school you go to, you have a path to greatness #txhsfb

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Take off your burnt orange glasses, and you will see much worse picks than that.

Stop assuming everything has to do with college affiliation. 

They didn't need a QB. Hence, taking one #1 overall was dumb. 

10 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Stop assuming everything has to do with college affiliation. 

They didn't need a QB. Hence, taking one #1 overall was dumb. 

They picked a QB last year if that is what you mean.

That doesn't mean they have a QB who can play though.

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They picked a QB last year if that is what you mean.

That doesn't mean they have a QB who can play though.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. They haven't given Rosen enough time. Arizona has far bigger needs than QB. 

Their leading WR, while a 1st ballet HOF'er, is well past his prime. 

Christian Kirk, while he has great potential, was only a rookie himself. 

And the OL is absolute garbage. As I mentioned in my other post, Rosen was sacked 17 times last season....just within 2 seconds of taking the snap! Even with Murray's athleticism, he isn't fixing that problem. If the line can't block, you're gonna have a hard time running the ball, and you're definitely going to struggle throwing the ball. 

But they're going to put all the blame on the Rookie QB?

Imagine if the Rams gave up on Jared Goff after his rookie season. 

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. They haven't given Rosen enough time. Arizona has far bigger needs than QB. 

Their leading WR, while a 1st ballet HOF'er, is well past his prime. 

Christian Kirk, while he has great potential, was only a rookie himself. 

And the OL is absolute garbage. As I mentioned in my other post, Rosen was sacked 17 times last season....just within 2 seconds of taking the snap! Even with Murray's athleticism, he isn't fixing that problem. If the line can't block, you're gonna have a hard time running the ball, and you're definitely going to struggle throwing the ball. 

But they're going to put all the blame on the Rookie QB?

Imagine if the Rams gave up on Jared Goff after his rookie season. 

Imagine if Jacksonville gave up on Borltes sooner and drafted Mahomes or Wentz.

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Imagine if Jacksonville gave up on Borltes sooner and drafted Mahomes or Wentz.

But you can't know that after 1 season. That is the point. And many people in Philly would argue that even they got rid of the wrong QB. 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

But you can't know that after 1 season. That is the point. And many people in Philly would argue that even they got rid of the wrong QB. 

I think you can know after one season if somebody has the potential to be the guy or not. They see what the guy is really like every day.

Yes, Arizona needs all of those things, but if you don't have a guy at QB then those things will not matter anyway.

You hired a coach to bring the "Air Raid" to the NFL so you better get him a QB that can do the things that he needs to be done. If Arizona thought Murray was that guy then they made the right choice.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I think you can know after one season if somebody has the potential to be the guy or not. They see what the guy is really like every day.

Yes, Arizona needs all of those things, but if you don't have a guy at QB then those things will not matter anyway.

You hired a coach to bring the "Air Raid" to the NFL so you better get him a QB that can do the things that he needs to be done. If Arizona thought Murray was that guy then they made the right choice.

Not if they don't fix the OL. If Murray is running for his life all game, there is no air raid. Besides, you don't need a scrambling QB to run an Air Raid offense. The Rams had the 'Greatest Show on Turf' with Kurt Warner. Tom Brady is considered by many to be the greatest QB all time. He lost a perfect season because he couldn't complete passes from his back. 

Murray may go on to be great. But the Cardinals didn't need a QB. And that's a huge risk for a first time NFL coach to make, in his first year, no less. 

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like Murray, I don't like him at 1, and I don't like him at Arizona.  What do you do with Rosen?  Sounds like they may move him today, but that 1st round value is basically gone.  Giants got a solid QB, but they took him too early...  Could have gotten several more picks and traded down and still got him... they should have talked to Washington...  Also worth noting is the fall of Ed Oliver... basically a consensus #1 overall pick starting the season and due to him sitting out and injuries falls to 9 (Buffalo), lets see how he handles those chilly games...  Noah Fant (TE) to Denver is a freaking steal.  Hate the RB pick for Oakland.  Not sure that I love the WR pick for the Patriots either, but they have proven that they can surprise you with anyone.

I think N'Keal Harry is a great pick for NE. 

7 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Take off your burnt orange glasses, and you will see much worse picks than that.

I don't think the Cardinals should have drafted Murray because I think they have other holes on their team that need a whole lot of fixing. That doesn't mean Kyler isn't worth a number 1 pick, because he is, just not to the Cardinals imo.

My future brother in law was on the Cardinals last year so I saw a lot of games and let me tell you, that team as a whole SUC*ED - particularly the Oline

Did the Arizona OL truly stink it up or did they just not want to block for Rosen & any other QB there?  Just asking the question cause I seen a situation in Philly where they didn't block for Vick, they make a QB change somewhere within mid-game and going forward miraculously the OL looked like pro-bowlers. 

Rumor making the rounds is Dallas is looking to trade their 3rd round pick 90 to move up into the 70 pick range. The rumored picks would be Trysten Hill at 58 and Taylor Rapp with the traded up pick.