Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoney

NCAA Football Could Be Making A Comeback

Recommended Posts

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCAA 2014 cost more now than when it was first released. A used copy will run you $55-65.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

NCAA 2014 cost more now than when it was first released. A used copy will run you $55-65.

These guys that do the roster and conference updates for 2014 are heroes.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stoney said:

These guys that do the roster and conference updates for 2014 are heroes.

I need to figure out how to upload those on my XBOX360... tempted to see if this game is available on the Microsoft store for XBOX One...  

As far as the article goes, I still hate it.  That mode is just a tease.  It is going to be like what they used to have on the career path on NCAA "Road to Glory."  It is going to be a watered down version of Madden that lasts 2 games, then you get drafted and etc etc etc...  I want a full game, not a tease.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how hard it is to make NCAA football with just random players...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't see how hard it is to make NCAA football with just random players...

 

It's not.  It always the temptation that "#10 randomly generated at OU seems way too much like Kyler Murray so he may come back and sue us!"

Thanks Ed O'bannon and the 1000 other crappy players that sued for $10 each...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I need to figure out how to upload those on my XBOX360... tempted to see if this game is available on the Microsoft store for XBOX One...  

As far as the article goes, I still hate it.  That mode is just a tease.  It is going to be like what they used to have on the career path on NCAA "Road to Glory."  It is going to be a watered down version of Madden that lasts 2 games, then you get drafted and etc etc etc...  I want a full game, not a tease.

just another way for them to pull a couple more buyers into buying the regular Madden game that might not would. I never buy Madden, have/had every NCAA football version and if there had been some method of having full legit seasons with the actual uni's, carryover of seasons...who am I foolin' we will not be happy til a full fledged NCAA game comes back with constantly updating/added new uniforms, creative playbooks, and tons of scheduling/conference/playoff options!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

just another way for them to pull a couple more buyers into buying the regular Madden game that might not would. I never buy Madden, have/had every NCAA football version and if there had been some method of having full legit seasons with the actual uni's, carryover of seasons...who am I foolin' we will not be happy til a full fledged NCAA game comes back with constantly updating/added new uniforms, creative playbooks, and tons of scheduling/conference/playoff options!!!

I want to see some new features like upgrading facilities, off-field suspensions, more in-depth recruiting (such as little hints like "had a misdemeanor arrest in 9th grade), and off-season workouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I want to see some new features like upgrading facilities, off-field suspensions, more in-depth recruiting (such as little hints like "had a misdemeanor arrest in 9th grade), and off-season workouts.

you went over the top with your in-depth recruiting...next, on a recruiting trip to Arkansas found in girls dormitory stealing dirty panties but he's a 5-star...then your strength coach kills a player and your top assistant is a raging alcoholic. will that drop your team any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤣

top religious university president caught at strip club snorting "a white substance" and it's discovered he's there watching two of the cheerleaders dancing, with a Pony shoe exec.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's not.  It always the temptation that "#10 randomly generated at OU seems way too much like Kyler Murray so he may come back and sue us!"

Thanks Ed O'bannon and the 1000 other crappy players that sued for $10 each...

Gah that #### me off.

The road to glory where you can play high school was absolutely genius. It was so much fun to live vicariously through your created player lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

you went over the top with your in-depth recruiting...next, on a recruiting trip to Arkansas found in girls dormitory stealing dirty panties but he's a 5-star...then your strength coach kills a player and your top assistant is a raging alcoholic. will that drop your team any?

haha I meant more like GPA, prior arrests, social media tendencies... stuff that could get a player randomly suspended during a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I want to see some new features like upgrading facilities, off-field suspensions, more in-depth recruiting (such as little hints like "had a misdemeanor arrest in 9th grade), and off-season workouts.

This!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

haha I meant more like GPA, prior arrests, social media tendencies... stuff that could get a player randomly suspended during a season.

Yes I agree player attitude should be a factor. Like locker room chemistry or possible suspension type stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I want to see some new features like upgrading facilities, off-field suspensions, more in-depth recruiting (such as little hints like "had a misdemeanor arrest in 9th grade), and off-season workouts.

And the transfer portal!!

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

And the transfer portal!!

With cool graphics... 

frXcTkq.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Stoney said:

EA and game makers don't need this though.  Schools sell themselves.  They don't need the players... Just make it where you can edit player's "name and likeness" inside of the game and we will be good.  I think for a while you could go into GameStop and buy a download chip etc to upload all of the current players names and measurables into NCAA and have at it.  Pretty sure you can find that stuff free online now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

EA and game makers don't need this though.  Schools sell themselves.  They don't need the players... Just make it where you can edit player's "name and likeness" inside of the game and we will be good.  I think for a while you could go into GameStop and buy a download chip etc to upload all of the current players names and measurables into NCAA and have at it.  Pretty sure you can find that stuff free online now.

Reddit is an amazing place...I believe there are people still updating rosters there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...