UPDATE: Palestine hires Lance Angel

hoops4ever

21 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Stepp tweeted Angel is the guy

He is a great coach and did a pretty good job last time at Palestine. Also won straight district titles while here at Cooper good luck coach. My brother played for him and absolutely loved him.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, 643 said:

Coach Thompson came in for a year.  His efforts in discipline and the off season training made a difference for several years to come.  Coach Harrell followed that discipline and off season to have Palestine winning again.  A Hall of Fame RB also added to that success!  Coach Harrell left for Texas High position which was better for him, BUT he left the program in better shape than he found it, and left behind 2 of the best classes to come through Palestine in the last 20 years.  The year Harrell left, Palestine dropped to 3A and played in the state semis, losing to Cuero. I'd rather not discuss that game!! That senior group and the sophomore group had plenty of talent and high quality coaches.  They just needed a break here or there to get a ring. 

As far as who is next, I don't know.  They will have a big task ahead of them this late in the year hiring both coordinators and position coaches.   I biggest observation over the last few years of seeing wildcat football is:  How do they get over the hump and win the one big game that changes their attitude?  They have been one game away from making the playoffs the last two years I believe.  Bad loss to Bullard kept them out a year ago, and then a heart breaking loss to Kilgore last year.  At some point the mentality has to get changed.  What was the difference in Carthage? Gilmer? Gladewater recently? etc.  Those programs haven't always been state contenders year in and year out, but look at them now.  

643out

Harrell is a really good man, I wish he would come back to LCM. Last I heard he was coaching with Barry Norton in Louisiana. I've actually looked at land around Palestine and Athens to buy. I like carthage and Henderson too just haven't seen the right piece of land yet. I like the rolling hills though.

On 5/17/2019 at 11:15 PM, LCM said:

Harrell is a really good man, I wish he would come back to LCM. Last I heard he was coaching with Barry Norton in Louisiana. I've actually looked at land around Palestine and Athens to buy. I like carthage and Henderson too just haven't seen the right piece of land yet. I like the rolling hills though.

Barry Norton in Louisiana??? Where?

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Palestine hires Lance Angel