UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman

tntcoach

On 3/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Guru said:

Was told its family decision by close source. Tatum did everything they could to keep him but could not change his mind.  The community, staff, and admin loved him and thought he was the future

Family...the universal excuse for people leaving jobs

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 10:12 PM, justafan said:

Barry bowman

Whitney Keeling

Kurt Traylor( I know Crazy)

David Plunk

John Frazier

Scott Ford

Dc from Marshall I don’t know his name 

Darren Preston

thats my list 

Mike Thomas was seen with Tatum brass nawing on some ribs at the country tavern. 

Hey guys! Quick question..DQ table talks is saying that the VB coach will be the new AD. For the sake of the kids I am hoping this information is not true. The kids deserve someone  dedicated  to winning and knows how to win. Hiring a football coach narrows the field of applicants because 💰 💰...mediocre is not the direction Tatum should be going when it is known for its greatness. 

2 hours ago, UnclePig said:

MV better be glad Finney and his staff weren’t coaching at Tatum this past year; Been a different outcome. Finney just wins wherever he goes(and wins without Tatum talent). 

We would take him in Winnsboro if and when a position opens

8 hours ago, Theinformant said:

Hey guys! Quick question..DQ table talks is saying that the VB coach will be the new AD. For the sake of the kids I am hoping this information is not true. The kids deserve someone  dedicated  to winning and knows how to win. Hiring a football coach narrows the field of applicants because 💰💰...mediocre is not the direction Tatum should be going when it is known for its greatness. 

That is hilarious.  If that was the case they would move a coach from within.  Posted job says external applicants only.  No way any coach worth his salt would come not being AD.  Posting actually says girls coordinator assistance.  Now tell me what coach would not want a job where he only had to worry about the boys side of athletics.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Theinformant said:

Hey guys! Quick question..DQ table talks is saying that the VB coach will be the new AD. For the sake of the kids I am hoping this information is not true. The kids deserve someone  dedicated  to winning and knows how to win. Hiring a football coach narrows the field of applicants because 💰💰...mediocre is not the direction Tatum should be going when it is known for its greatness. 

The people in Tatum should pray that never happens

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guru said:

That is hilarious.  If that was the case they would move a coach from within.  Posted job says external applicants only.  No way any coach worth his salt would come not being AD.  Posting actually says girls coordinator assistance.  Now tell me what coach would not want a job where he only had to worry about the boys side of athletics.

I’m hoping the posting is correct. 

24 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Well, Monday was the JH District Track Meet at Tatum lol.

So you're saying that Tatum has narrowed the search to about 20-30 assistant coaches?  :D 

• LOL! 1

On 4/1/2019 at 8:31 AM, mightyeagle said:

When is the next school board meeting,And will they make a discision then.

Time is not on our side.

This is going to be an interesting hire, I think the name that may emerge will probably surprise some people.

But if you have seen him coach then you would be excited and pleased to have him as the leader.

22 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

@Eagleborn said it would probably be within. That's where my money is going.

Same here...  I don't know squat about the Tatum athletic program, but short of signing Saban, Lombardi, or Kerry Strong, there's no reason to rock the boat with an outsider. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman