UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman

tntcoach

3 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

After reading up on Holman, I’m getting excited. I’m anxious to see who he brings in as coordinators. Welcome to Tatum Coach Holman. Let’s fly high. 

Please take coach Green our OC. 

• LOL! 5

25 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Ouch, that was painful.

What is your "beef" with Coach Green?

We need fresh ideas, not the same ten plays we’ve been running since Jorvorskie was walking the hallways at LHS. There have been some years when he has opened up the playbook like 2011 and 2012. But it’s mostly been the same ol stuff. We just need a change 

11 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We need fresh ideas, not the same ten plays we’ve been running since Jorvorskie was walking the hallways at LHS. There have been some years when he has opened up the playbook like 2011 and 2012. But it’s mostly been the same ol stuff. We just need a change 

A fresh set of ideas is sometimes a good thing.

What would you suggest?

More of a vertical vertical passing game?

More counter, power or lead runs?

RPO's?

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

And what "pieces" of the puzzle are missing in Tatum?

Just the other pieces (cordinators) so we can get this show started.I didn't mean we don't

have the talent.the talent is there.Going to be a fun year

2 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

Just the other pieces (cordinators) so we can get this show started.I didn't mean we don't

have the talent.the talent is there.Going to be a fun year

There is no doubt the talent is there.

I thought you might be referring to "culture" issue or a respect for the tradition issue or a work ethic issue or something that might be holding this talented group back.

This group has a chance to make some deep playoff runs.

34 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

There is no doubt the talent is there.

I thought you might be referring to "culture" issue or a respect for the tradition issue or a work ethic issue or something that might be holding this talented group back.

This group has a chance to make some deep playoff runs.

I agree I think they could make it 4 or 5 rounds,possibly to the big show.

We should have went 3 or 4 rounds last season,IF QB wouldn't have gotten hurt.

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

A fresh set of ideas is sometimes a good thing.

What would you suggest?

More of a vertical vertical passing game?

More counter, power or lead runs?

RPO's?

Just need a complete change, whether it’s scheme or whatever. Green is a good coach that cares for the kids imo, but he’s too stuck in his ways. We should run a scheme that fits our particular talent level for that year. Not just run the same basic spread every year. Yes, it works majority of the time, but not because of the coaching imo. We put up great numbers most years because of the talent level. I would like to see something similar to Longview and Carthage. Different formations that opposing teams have to look out for, not just basically the spread with four wide on each play. We can do much more with the talent that we have on offense each season. 

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Just need a complete change, whether it’s scheme or whatever. Green is a good coach that cares for the kids imo, but he’s too stuck in his ways. We should run a scheme that fits our particular talent level for that year. Not just run the same basic spread every year. Yes, it works majority of the time, but not because of the coaching imo. We put up great numbers most years because of the talent level. I would like to see something similar to Longview and Carthage. Different formations that opposing teams have to look out for, not just basically the spread with four wide on each play. We can do much more with the talent that we have on offense each season. 

I get it.

You want more versatility. 

Different packages with different position and personnel groupings.

More motion, more variation, shifts and window dressing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We got that already. 

Many given three plays in a row we would go wishbone, wildcat, 5 wide. 

• Like 1

Tatum could not have made a better hire. Coach Holman is the type of man that makes men as well as football players. He’s a man with unquestionable integrity, a passion for the game, and a commitment to excellence.

Congrats to Tatum and I just became a fan of the program. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mightyeagle said:

I agree I think they could make it 4 or 5 rounds,possibly to the big show.

We should have went 3 or 4 rounds last season,IF QB wouldn't have gotten hurt.

As long as you stay in 3A, deep playoff runs should be the norm. I would think in 4ad2 with the right Staff you would excel as well. 

5 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I understand what you’re saying. Most teams don’t run more than 10-15 plays, run and pass combined. They just run them out of different formations making the defense adjust.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:48 AM, Eagleborn said:

We got that already. 

Many given three plays in a row we would go wishbone, wildcat, 5 wide. 

Dont forget the wing T lol. Man, Lynch is a mad man at OC. Not gonna lie, would love to see the man in Tatum green and white next season. Ran all kinds of stuff.....kids had fun putting up monster yardage with primarily sophomores and freshmen. Wing T, Wishbone, 5 wide, several different formations of the gun and pistol. Ran the I.....I cant count how many different formations we ran......was a blast to watch. If Lynch does indeed leave.....everybody might not know it now, but they're gonna miss him. 

21 hours ago, Ignorantfan said:

Tatum could not have made a better hire. Coach Holman is the type of man that makes men as well as football players. He’s a man with unquestionable integrity, a passion for the game, and a commitment to excellence.

Congrats to Tatum and I just became a fan of the program. 

Think it was a great hire.....guy has a solid resume and from what i hear is equally as good of a person. Looking forward to the Holman era. 

• Like 1