Charles Swann retires from coaching after 41-years (Como-Pickton is Open)...

Smoaky

I received this email from Como-Pickton AD/Head Football Coach Charles Swann. "I would like to let everyone know that I am retiring at the end of May. I have enjoyed all the relationships that I have built up over the past 41 years. Coaching has been good to me and my family and I wish everyone the Best! It's time to go watch my 4 Grandkids play sports now! May God Bless!!! Coach Swann!"

Swann was also a head coach at Quitman, Rivercrest and Mount Vernon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

I would agree if it was simply a Coordinator title.

But, Assistant Head Coach........

From my experience,  assistant head coach usually has less responsibilities than a coordinator. Unless it's run game, passing game, etc.

Assistant head coach oftens seems to be given to someone that has been on staff before a head coaching change and they are trying to keep them around

• Smoaky unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, theprodigy said:

Colten Peek is the OC and assistant AD. Young kid but a lot of passion it will be interesting to see if they go that route.

Just read what the originally posted said.. not assistant head coach,  assistant AD. That's a whole other matter. Hopefully has been given experience to dealing with the budget, etc

Truly, isn’t this a terrible job? I can’t remember the last time Quitman was in the playoffs let alone making noise in the playoffs. Just looked on MaxPreps, 2004 they went 13-1 and made the playoffs as “recently” as 2010. Since 2010 they’re 6-73, ouch!!

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

Truly, isn’t this a terrible job? I can’t remember the last time Quitman was in the playoffs let alone making noise in the playoffs. Just looked on MaxPreps, 2004 they went 13-1 and made the playoffs as “recently” as 2010. Since 2010 they’re 6-73, ouch!!

The opening is at Como-Pickton not Quitman.  Swann coached there before.  That’s the only reason Quitman was mentioned.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The opening is at Como-Pickton not Quitman.  Swann coached there before.  That’s the only reason Quitman was mentioned.

Thanks for the correction Dawg. Is Como any better? They’re terrible too, huh?

Como-Pickton is not a bad job right now---they are in a good district for them in 2A...dropping down helped them quite a bit in all sports. Got a great guy as high school principal that coached for many years and a Supportive Superintendent....Expectations are not out the roof and if you go in and compete everything will be good....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoyceBob said:

Any names being thrown around yet? I would imagine they would want to make a decision before school is out

Don't know if its true but heard a former bulldog may be interested in this job. Could just be small town gossip.