NFL Network to Cut 5 Shows After Slashing Budget by $20 Million

This from the breitbart article:

Though it is unrelated, the NFL Network is in a carriage fight with DirecTV Now and AT&T U-verse, which pulled the channel off their air.

Just in case you'all are not aware what "carriage" fees are. Let me explain; it'll make your head explode. I'll use the most gross example, for effect.

let's say you have a satellite package that you want to include some sports programming. Well sir, you must take the higher priced package that includes the likes of CNN, MSNBC CNBC well you get the picture. Now you may not like those liberal puke networks, but that doesn't matter. Tough being you, right about then. Now here is the kicker. CNN has access to 89 million viewers, but only 1 million watch them. However they get $12.00 a month from carriage fees from you whether you watch them or not. Each year CNN receives 1 billion dollars a year from carriage fees, and part of that money is coming from you, who hates the blasted network. I'm assuming , of course you do, cause I do.

So don't be impressed when someone tells you with glee, that CNN's ratings are in the tank, because the dirty little secret is they couldn't care less, because of all the saps like us are paying their way without watching. Just so we can get our favorite sports program.

Sweet deal huh!  I wish I owned a politician.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

This from the breitbart article:

Though it is unrelated, the NFL Network is in a carriage fight with DirecTV Now and AT&T U-verse, which pulled the channel off their air.

Just in case you'all are not aware what "carriage" fees are. Let me explain; it'll make your head explode. I'll use the most gross example, for effect.

let's say you have a satellite package that you want to include some sports programming. Well sir, you must take the higher priced package that includes the likes of CNN, MSNBC CNBC well you get the picture. Now you may not like those liberal puke networks, but that doesn't matter. #### to be you, right about then. Now here is the kicker. CNN has access to 89 million viewers, but only 1 million watch them. However they get $12.00 a month from carriage fees from you whether you watch them or not. Each year CNN receives 1 billion dollars a year from carriage fees, and part of that money is coming from you, who hates the blasted network. I'm assuming , of course you do, cause I do.

So don't be impressed when someone tells you with glee, that CNN's ratings are in the tank, because the dirty little secret is they couldn't care less, because of all the saps like us are paying their way without watching. Just so we can get our favorite sports program.

Sweet deal huh!  I wish I owned a politician.

CNN an ESPN stinks'n never gives Cowboys or folks from Texas a fair shake. Tru-Up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...