šŸˆ 2019 College Football pre-season thread

With some of these teams weā€™re going to find out early if they are legit.Ā 

LSU, Texas, Miami, Florida, Clemson, ATM, Georgia, Notre Dame, Auburn, Oregon

All of these teams play each other early in the year (UGAvsND is week 4 I think). So there will be a lot of movement in the polls early.Ā 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Good Lord the obsession with some people is absolutely astounding.Ā 

A&M at 11 is tough with this schedule. We play 4 of the top 6 teams, including 1-3. Ouch.Ā 

I think A&M will finish like Texas did last year, 4 losses, but still in the final Top 10. They will be a much better team than their record will indicate.Ā 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I think A&M will finish like Texas did last year, 4 losses, but still in the final Top 10. They will be a much better team than their record will indicate.Ā 

I agree for the most part. Ā I think aTm will be a top 10-15, even with 4 losses

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree for the most part. Ā I think aTm will be a top 10-15, even with 4 losses

I donā€™t think they lose all 4. I see them winning at least 1 of the 4. So Iā€™d say 9-3 and ranked 8-9

46 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

In a thread about a poll, the first words out of your mouth are about A&M. Yeah. A&M are the obsessed ones... Sure thing. šŸ˜‚

JF, UT isnā€™t the little brother always trying to prove itā€™s as good or relevant as big brother is, thatā€™s your Aggiesā€™ role and always will be.

I was jabbing at you Aggies beingĀ so upset that UT beat UGA and yā€™all not wanting to give UT one ounce of credit for thatĀ Sugar Bowl win.

Ā 

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No matter what, Jimbo still makes a deposit every Monday morning.

So does every other coach in the country?!?Ā 

If youā€™re insinuating that Fisher is overpaid or itā€™s just about money to him and he doesnā€™t care about results?Ā 

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

So does every other coach in the country?!?Ā 

If youā€™re insinuating that Fisher is overpaid or itā€™s just about money to him and he doesnā€™t care about results?Ā 

With the contract guranteed, I would say he's overpaid. Same could be said about Sumlin when he was in CS.

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

With the contract guranteed, I would say he's overpaid. Same could be said about Sumlin when he was in CS.

I donā€™t agree. Do you scratch that deal and hire a lesser proven coach simply because you could have given him less money and a contract that was guaranteed?Ā 

I believe A&M did what it needed to do to get their guy and also payed him enough where not many can equal to lure him away. Some call it overpaying, I call it being committed to winning and doing what must be done. Iā€™ll take paying Jimbo a guaranteed contract taking a far less proven guy anyways. Honestly those are the ones overpaid. You know what Jimbo can bring you. Almost all others on the table are unproven on the National level.Ā 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I donā€™t agree. Do you scratch that deal and hire a lesser proven coach simply because you could have given him less money and a contract that was guaranteed?Ā 

I believe A&M did what it needed to do to get their guy and also payed him enough where not many can equal to lure him away. Some call it overpaying, I call it being committed to winning and doing what must be done. Iā€™ll take paying Jimbo a guaranteed contract taking a far less proven guy anyways. Honestly those are the ones overpaid. You know what Jimbo can bring you. Almost all others on the table are unproven on the National level.Ā 

I agree with the hire and have no problem with the yearly salary. It's the guaranteed part I don't like. There's an old saying in the coaching world, "a coach should be given 3 years to turn a program around". So I would have went with maybe 5Ā years guaranteed and renewal upon the universities discretion. That's JMO.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I agree with the hire and have no problem with the yearly salary. It's the guaranteed part I don't like. There's an old saying in the coaching world, "a coach should be given 3 years to turn a program around". So I would have went with maybe 5Ā years guaranteed and renewal upon the universities discretion. That's JMO.

Maybe. Hard to get a coach to leave where they're at for only a 5 year deal though. I can't imagine a coach like Fisher being given 3 years... that doesn't even give him one full class ofĀ  senior s. I agree, though- 10 years is a long time. That said, I'm happy so far.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to šŸˆ 2019 College Football pre-season thread