Rank The 2019 NFL Starting QBs

I need SDC’s help in making a point in a upcoming thread. Just rank the QBs from 1-32.

Josh Allen Buffalo

Josh Rosen Miami

Tom Brady New England

Sam Darnold NYJ

Lamar Jackson Baltimore 

Andy Dalton Cincinnati 

Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh 

Baker Mayfield Cleveland

Marcus Marriota Tennessee 

Deshaun Watson Houston

Andrew Luck Indianapolis 

Nick Foles Jacksonville 

Patrick Mahomes Kansas City

Derek Carr Oakland

Philip Rivers LAC

Joe Flacco Denver

Dak Prescott Dallas

Eli Manning NYG

Carson Wentz Philadelphia 

Case Keenum Washington 

Mitch Trubisky Chicago 

Matt Stafford Detroit

Aaron Rodgers Green Bay

Kirk Cousins Minnesota 

Matt Ryan Atlanta 

Drew Brees New Orleans 

Cam Newton Carolina 

Jameis Winston Tampa Bay

Kyler Murray Arizona

Jimmy Garropalo San Francsico

Jared Goff LAR

Russell Wilson Seattle 

Stoney’s List

32. Kyler Murray Arizona

31.Case Keenum Washington 

30.Joe Flacco Denver

29. Nick Foles Jacksonville 

28. Jameis Winston Tampa Bay

27. Eli Manning NYG

26. Josh Rosen Miami

25. Josh Allen Buffalo

24. Lamar Jackson Baltimore 

23. Sam Darnold NYJ

22. Andy Dalton Cincinnati 

21. Marcus Marriota Tennessee 

20.  Derek Carr Oakland

19. Jimmy Garropalo San Francisco 

18. Mitch Trubisky Chicago 

17. Baker Mayfield Cleveland 

16. Kirk Cousins Minnesota 

15. Carson Wentz Philadelphia 

14. Cam Newton Carolina 

13. Matt Stafford Detroit

12. Dak Prescott Dallas

11. Deshaun Watson Houston 

10. Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh 

9. Jared Goff LAR 

8. Matt Ryan Atlanta 

7. Phillip Rivers LAC

6. Andrew Luck Indianapolis 

5. Russell Wilson Seattle 

4.Patrick Mahomes Kansas City

3. Drew Brees New Orleans

2. Tom Brady New England 

1. Aaron Rodgers Green Bay

32. Kyler Murray, Arizona (rookie)
31. Sam Darnold, New York
30. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay
29. Case Keenum, Washington 
28. Josh Rosen, Miami
27. Josh Allen, Buffalo
26. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore 
25. Dak Prescott, Dallas
24. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati 
23. Marcus Marriota Tennessee 
22. Joe Flacco, Denver
21. Nick Foles, Jacksonville 
20. Eli Manning, NYG
19.  Derek Carr, Oakland
18. Mitch Trubisky, Chicago 
17. Jimmy Garropalo, San Francisco 
16. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota 
15. Carson Wentz, Philadelphia 
14. Phillip Rivers, San Diego
13. Baker Mayfield, Cleveland 
12. Matt Stafford, Detroit
11. Deshaun Watson, Houston 
10. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh 
9. Patrick Mahomes Kansas City
8. Cam Newton, Carolina
7. Jared Goff, Los Angeles 
6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta 
5. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis 
4. Russell Wilson, Seattle 
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay
1. Tom Brady, New England

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It is for just one season or like 5 years? and do they all cost the same?

Just who’s the best starting QBs right now. I’m watching these guys on Twitter losing it over the idea of Dallas giving Dak a $30m deal. He’s not a top 10 guy. Maybe a top 15. A top 20 guy sure.

Here is my list. This is just for next season and does not take into account the salaries of the players which would make the list different.

1. Mahomes (KC)
  2. Rodgers (GB)
  3. Luck (Indy)
  4. Wilson (Seattle)
  5. Brady (NE)
  6. Brees (NO)
  7. Rivers (LAC)
  8. Wentz (Philly)
  9. Ryan (ATL)
  10. Newton (CAR)
  11. Mayfield (CLE)
  12. Watson (HOU)
  13. Roethlisberger (PITT)
  14. Cousins (MIN)
  15. Stafford (DET)
  16. Goff (LAR)
  17. Garropolo (SF)
  18. Carr (OAK)
  19. Prescott (DAL)
  20. Dalton (Cincy)
  21. Trubisky (CHI)
  22. Keenum (WAS)
  23. Foles (JAC)
  24. Darnold (NYJ)
  25. Murray (ARI)
  26. Jackson (BAL)
  27. Marriota (TEN)
  28. Flaco (DEN)
  29. Manning (NYG)
  30. Allen (BUF)
  31. Rosen (MIA)
  32. Winston (TB)
  • Like 1

As a Cowboys fan, I'm still not convinced Dak is the future (primarily because of his inconsistent accuracy), and definitely wouldn't give him $30M, but he's also definitely better than several of the guys some of you are putting above him.

Garropolo?

Cousins?

Car? 

Flacco?!...he may not even be a starter this year. 

Dak is a top 15 QB in the league. But $30M. You better be top 3!

• Like 3

Since Andrew Luck got paid($28m) in 2016 every big QB signing has been $30m plus. Russell Wilson is getting close to $37m a year. Mahomes will get $40m a plus. Flacco got $25m in 2012 and we all lost our minds. $25m is cheap now. Pay Dak now and let the market make it a bargain 3 or 4 years down the road.

• Like 1

I think Dak had one pretty good year and the Cowboys jumped the gun. They should've either handled Romo better, or gone out and signed a veteran free agent to groom him. Instead they got aboard the hype train.

That's not to say he won't still eventually pan out, but the front office is gonna have give him some better weapons.

Dak's not a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or Mahomes type. He's not someone who can overcompensate for mediocre talent. He's more like Rivers, Newton, or Roethlisberger in that he can only really excel with the right supporting cast. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Since Andrew Luck got paid($28m) in 2016 every big QB signing has been $30m plus. Russell Wilson is getting close to $37m a year. Mahomes will get $40m a plus. Flacco got $25m in 2012 and we all lost our minds. $25m is cheap now. Pay Dak now and let the market make it a bargain 3 or 4 years down the road.

Dak is not in the same talent pool as Luck, Mahomes, Wilson and a few others  ... I could see them giving him 20-25 but he isn't in the same league as the top tier QBs in my opinion  ... they would be way overpaying him at 30 million a year ... he's just not THAT good ...

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jerruh will overpay for Prescott, no doubt  ... Dak is better than average, but not 30 million a year good ... 20 million would be generous  ...

That's true, but starting quarterbacks with similar stats draw $25 million.  I'd wait until the end of the season to pay him.  I just don't want to see Zeke go.  He's the main reason the Cowboys have made the two post season appearances the past three years.  I can't rank how I see the Quarterbacks at this time, many of the top quarterbacks are aging, and their stats should fall off a cliff soon.  Patrick Mahomes stats are going to come down with the loss of two of his best supporting cast due to stupidity.  Baker Mayfield should be better this year having gained some NFL experience.  Trubisky is developing into a better quarterback than most thought.  Goff has the weapons to have great stats.  There are too many intangibles out there though for me to rank them.  I would put Dak in the middle of the pack.  

8 hours ago, AKA said:

I think Dak had one pretty good year and the Cowboys jumped the gun. They should've either handled Romo better, or gone out and signed a veteran free agent to groom him. Instead they got aboard the hype train.

That's not to say he won't still eventually pan out, but the front office is gonna have give him some better weapons.

Dak's not a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson or Mahomes type. He's not someone who can overcompensate for mediocre talent. He's more like Rivers, Newton, or Roethlisberger in that he can only really excel with the right supporting cast. 

Dak had a great rookie season and showed he could start in the NFL.  I was impressed with his rookie season.  He dropped off his sophomore season, but rebounded last year once Amari Cooper was traded for.  I want to see how he and Amari perform next year, and then move forward.  If Dak, Zeke, and Amari have a triplet like season next year, I'd want to pay them all, but who would we lose on defense.  I've heard Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones both of them have developed nicely, and I would hate to see them on another team.  Jerry and Stephen are going to have to be creative to keep this team intact.  

• Like 1

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/28/cowboys-2019-manifesto-how-they-afford-to-re-sign-everyone-sign-free-agents/

One of the best articles that I could find all offseason about how Dallas can sign their core (big money deals) and still be able to add key pieces when needed for a three year run at a Super Bowl.

The highlights:

Re-sign Dak Prescott

F013F9AE-4B01-4627-905D-3F4C2D8C3E74.png

Re-Sign Amari Cooper

384B95B2-228E-45C7-B667-AC0771715B9B.png

Hold off on Zeke’s Deal until 2021

067A59F2-8B9D-47FC-833A-83918D9F937C.png

Re-sign Tank Lawrence (Done)

Franchise Tag Byron Jones for 2020

Cut/don’t re-sign- Sean Lee, La’el Collins, Tyrone Crawford all after this season. That’s $23.9m in Cap Room. Cut Hurns, don’t bring back Anthony Brown add a extra $8m and there’s almost $32m in Cap Room to add free agents and you’ve paid Dak, Amari, Tank and are set up to pay Zeke and Byron later. You still have a young nucleus of cheap talent surrounding them. For a 3 year window, Dallas fans could experience something we haven’t in almost 25 years: a Super Bowl.

• 3 weeks later...

1 Brees

2 Mahomes

3 Brady

4 Roethlisberger

5 Rodgers

6 Rivers

7 Wilson

8 Stafford

9 Ryan

10 Foles

11 Watson

12 Wentz

13 Flacco

14 Dalton

15Prescott

16 Murray

17 Marriotta

18 Rosen

19 Trubisky

20 Goff

21 Mayfield

22 Carr

23-32 Newton and the rest. Let's  face it, if you reach below pick #20 your season is gonna be about building on anything you can get.

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

1 Brees

2 Mahomes

3 Brady

4 Roethlisberger

5 Rodgers

6 Rivers

7 Wilson

8 Stafford

9 Ryan

10 Foles

11 Watson

11 Wentz

11 Flacco

12 Dalton

13 Prescott

14 Murray

15 Marriotta

16 Rosen

17 Trubisky

18 Goff

19 Mayfield

20 Carr

21-32 Newton and the rest. Let's  face it, if you reach below pick #20 your season is gonna be about building on anything you can get.

Where do you have Luck, 22 ?

22 hours ago, Hayseed said:

1 Brees

2 Mahomes

3 Brady

4 Roethlisberger

5 Rodgers

6 Rivers

7 Wilson

8 Stafford

9 Ryan

10 Foles

11 Watson

11 Wentz

11 Flacco

12 Dalton

13 Prescott

14 Murray

15 Marriotta

16 Rosen

17 Trubisky

18 Goff

19 Mayfield

20 Carr

21-32 Newton and the rest. Let's  face it, if you reach below pick #20 your season is gonna be about building on anything you can get.

If $30m is the going rate for a QB, how many of those QBs would you feel comfortable about giving that type of money to? If $30m was the floor for a playoff caliber, potential Super Bowl winning QB, with or without help around him?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, Stoney said:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/28/cowboys-2019-manifesto-how-they-afford-to-re-sign-everyone-sign-free-agents/

One of the best articles that I could find all offseason about how Dallas can sign their core (big money deals) and still be able to add key pieces when needed for a three year run at a Super Bowl.

The highlights:

Hold off on Zeke’s Deal until 2021

067A59F2-8B9D-47FC-833A-83918D9F937C.png

The way running backs ebb and flow with injuries, Elliott might not even be around in 2021 or he could be about used up by them.  I can see the deferred money for the other position players, but that's a big risk for a player like Elliott to wait that long for any "big money" ....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The way running backs ebb and flow with injuries, Elliott might not even be around in 2021 or he could be about used up by them.  I can see the deferred money for the other position players, but that's a big risk for a player like Elliott to wait that long for any "big money" ....

I’m worried that Goodell is gonna hammer for Vegas. That and the fact of diminishing returns on running backs I’m not sold on extending Zeke before his rookie deal is up. Especially if this Pollard kid turns out be anything even close to the Kamara comparison. 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m worried that Goodell is gonna hammer for Vegas. That and the fact of diminishing returns on running backs I’m not sold on extending Zeke before his rookie deal is up. Especially if this Pollard kid turns out be anything even close to the Kamara comparison. 

I can't believe Elliott and his agent would go along with this unless he gets a huge up front signing bonus ...

• Like 1