Cubs fan banned from Wrigley Field for "racial" gesture.

DaveTV1

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/sport/chicago-cubs-ban-fan-from-wrigley-field-for-offensive-hand-gesture-trnd/index.html  

I don't remember the Circle Game in the 80's, but I do know about it from the 2000's to today.  I'll say I thought it meant something totally different than what I was told.  I checked it out online to find out even what it was about, and it's basically a slug bug game with a catch if you break the circle and the one that see's it punches the other kid that caught them looking.  Instead of them being able to punch the kid in the arm for being caught.  After doing my research how is this a racist gesture ?  I've seen people of all colors do it.  I see it now more as a gotcha game today vs. how it was explained to me many years ago.  If they uphold the ban, I think they're fools, and will lose in court should he pursue it.    

On 5/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, DaveTV1 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/sport/chicago-cubs-ban-fan-from-wrigley-field-for-offensive-hand-gesture-trnd/index.html  

I don't remember the Circle Game in the 80's, but I do know about it from the 2000's to today.  I'll say I thought it meant something totally different than what I was told.  I checked it out online to find out even what it was about, and it's basically a slug bug game with a catch if you break the circle and the one that see's it punches the other kid that caught them looking.  Instead of them being able to punch the kid in the arm for being caught.  After doing my research how is this a racist gesture ?  I've seen people of all colors do it.  I see it now more as a gotcha game today vs. how it was explained to me many years ago.  If they uphold the ban, I think they're fools, and will lose in court should he pursue it.    

It's a game we used to play in middle school and now it's popular again thanks to social media. 

But here's how this all started...

https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture 

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's a game we used to play in middle school and now it's popular again thanks to social media. 

But here's how this all started...

https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture 

That is a laughable explanation at best, and the left is simply trying to make it racist.  I spoke to all of my black co-workers and friends at work, and when I told them they laughed.  They said they had played the game since the late 90's.  They are all younger than 30.  I would bet that this announcer saw or heard this explanation and believed it. 

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

That is a laughable explanation at best, and the left is simply trying to make it racist.  I spoke to all of my black co-workers and friends at work, and when I told them they laughed.  They said they had played the game since the late 90's.  They are all younger than 30.  I would bet that this announcer saw or heard this explanation and believed it. 

I can't believe the Cubs banned the fan without bringing him in for questioning. They stated they didn't even want to hear his side of the story. Guilty until proven innocent - perfect example!

43 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I can't believe the Cubs banned the fan without bringing him in for questioning. They stated they didn't even want to hear his side of the story. Guilty until proven innocent - perfect example!

I heard there's still an investigation.  Funny thing I posted this story on a friends wall who is Hispanic from Chicago and a huge Cubs fans.  She couldn't believe it either, and she's always posting that sign on her wall for her friends to see.  

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I heard there's still an investigation.  Funny thing I posted this story on a friends wall who is Hispanic from Chicago and a huge Cubs fans.  She couldn't believe it either, and she's always posting that sign on her wall for her friends to see.  

It's probably one of the most used hand signs. I used to play that circle game every day in school. I had zero clue that it had been used for a symbol of white power... even as a joke. I was extremely confused when I first heard the story. Now the Cubs have a lot of backpedaling to do.

• 1 month later...

I had to chuckle the first time I heard the libs  rave on about the OK sign. For years now I have heard and read people from the left and right use the term, "the jig is up", and no one said anything. Back when I was a kid that punch line was part of a very racist joke. I guess that's what happens when you try to erase history instead of learning from it.