UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Art Briles

I am very surprised to see him back at the HS level. I figured the college game would eventually welcome him back because of how much money is involved, but I’m surprised to see a HS take a chance on him.

my bet is he never coaches a down. Some parents at the school with non football kids will raise hell and the school will push him aside. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Kerry Strong’s recruiting record wasn’t good enough.

What're you nuts? Kerry Strong can sell oil to a Saudi prince, and ice to an Eskimo. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

What're you nuts? Kerry Strong can sell oil to a Saudi prince, and ice to an Eskimo. 

Kerry Strong coulda,shoulda been the #1 trending topic on Twitter right now. Instead of....well, Y’all know.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not gonna lie. I got 4 daughters. Big name or not, this hire would me off. Some things are more important than winning and this guy proved he doesn’t believe that. I’ll leave it alone after this post and drop it. Just had to put my two cents in as a dad with daughters. Kinda makes me sick to be honest. Nothing against MV Tigers or the kids. Just sends wrong message imo. Good luck MV. 

You can’t let the guys with domestic violence and assault crimes get 2nd and 3rd chances and then not ever let Him get his.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shame on you Mount Vernon!! To hire a coach that has NO compassion for the 20+ Women that was sexually assaulted,raped and gang raped under his watch and he KNEW about and didn’t do anything...Sure glad none of my kids go to Mount Vernon..

Just goes to show ya that Mount Vernon schoolboard wants a big name as a coach don’t care about the wellbeing of its students..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

And I understand it was his program so he is directly held responsible/accountable but he can’t control guys doing what they did....yea a lot should of been kicked off or in jail but I’m sure the assistant coaches were more in the “know” than a head coach of D1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

And I understand it was his program so he is directly held responsible/accountable but he can’t control guys doing what they did....yea a lot should of been kicked off or in jail but I’m sure the assistant coaches were more in the “know” than a head coach of D1

Hog wash!!! He could’ve done a lot more and decided not too..Might as well get old man Sandusky out for Art Briles Assistant!!!

Just now, Champ77 said:

Hog wash!!! He could’ve done a lot more and decided not too..Might as well get old man Sandusky out for Art Briles Assistant!!!

Right 

Those are completely the same thing. I must have missed the witness reports of Briles raping people in Baylor’s facilities.

• LOL! 3

5 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

He’s had his punishment and probably will never get back to where he was....let the man prove everyone deserves 2nd chances......great hire for them

Anybody that knew of rapes,gangrapes and etc..And wouldn’t work with the investigations is as guilty as those who did the act...Doesn’t deserves a 2nd Chance 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Just now, Champ77 said:

Anybody that knew of rapes,gangrapes and etc..And wouldn’t work with the investigations is as guilty as those who don’t the act...Doesn’t deserves a 2nd Chance 

Well he got one, no need to be salty....obviously there’s people out there that think different...

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Art Briles