Texas

Oklahoma

Oregon

Michigan

Penn State

Florida

• LOL! 2

4 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Our QB was only at about 60 percent. With a healthy QB I believe it would have been a lopsided game. I mean, they barely got us with our leading weapon with a pretty bad ankle. 

I don’t get you Tatum folk. The future is SOOOOOO bright and you lost to MV because your best player, who is graduating, was only at 60%. You were way bigger, faster, and stronger than MV. Could you not just snap it to one of your super athletic kids in the backfield and have your massive OL just mash the MV front? 

25 minutes ago, AKA said:

I know the media (and some SDC posters) are trying to act like the Briles hiring is a negative that will hurt enrollment...  but that's a rather myopic take in a state like Texas. 

My money is actually on increased move-ins and the aforementioned talented sons of coaches joining the program. 

The national sports media doesn't carry much water around here, especially when it comes to daddies and high school football. Yeah sure, there will continue to be plenty of click-bait screeds lambasting Mount Vernon as the epitome of everything wrong with sports, high school football, Texas, and The South in general...  but ultimately it will be so much urinating in the breeze.

Mount Vernon is about to make a serious run, short-lived though it may be...   they're gonna be salty, and in a hurry.  

I have actually had that same thought myself. I think likely you might see a few leave but overall I think there will overwhelmingly be more wanting to come in rather than go out.

• Like 1

Just now, chevyman said:

I have actually had that same thought myself. I think likely you might see a few leave but overall I think there will overwhelmingly be more wanting to come in rather than go out.

Of course. There's bound to be some attrition. I don't dispute that. There's almost always some come-and-go when you hire a new AD.

But I agree with you, it's going to be a net gain for Mount Vernon...  at least for the brief time that Briles will be AD. 

After that...   who knows. 

7 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Probably? C’mon. It was 21-0 after 1st quarter. QB got hurt early 2nd and only lost by 1 point in OT. My personal opinion is that if OB wouldn’t have gotten hurt, Tatum wins District and advances to the State Championship game. 

C'mon TD, I said probably the #1 reason. I didn't say probably THE reason. Plus, if you think I'm going to take anything away from the Bears win you don't know me very well. I was actually giving y'all props. That's more than most Bear fans will give you. 😉

12 hours ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

Top 10 2019 Recruiting Classes

Rank

Team

ESPN

247Sports

Rivals

Average

Alabama

Georgia

T3

Mt. Vernon HS

T3

Texas A&M

Texas

Oklahoma

Oregon

Michigan

Penn State

Florida

Fake news if Aledo, Desoto, and Duncanville aren’t in the top 10 recruiting class.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
On 5/29/2019 at 9:27 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Probably? C’mon. It was 21-0 after 1st quarter. QB got hurt early 2nd and only lost by 1 point in OT. My personal opinion is that if OB wouldn’t have gotten hurt, Tatum wins District and advances to the State Championship game. 

I know it's your opinion but thats pretty far off on making it to state. Tatums defense wasn't the greatest and you guys lacked being physical up front. You can't make it far when you rely on talent alone and then don't even know how to use the other talent on the team. I've seen you guys play a couple of times and that's what I saw on the field. Ask the Jefferson folks, they know what I'm talking about. In my opinion, GW was the only other team in region 2 being as physical as we were last season. Brock was the most physical team we faced all season long and hardest team we played. The championship game we were out of gas from that Brock game. I'm getting off subject, but our QB wasn't 100% when we played Jefferson and GW and we came out with a win. He was probably 70%-75%. 

We been hearing how good you guys are all year long and you guys are. You don't have a complete team yet and hopefully with the new HC/AD he'll change that. 

Being VERY close to this coming years senior class, the boys are very concerned.

Being a senior and playing every year since 7th grade (being varsity starters the last three years) and now move- ins will take their spot. This year will not be about the kids but the coach. Moving from finney's offense to the spread. Backup quarterback never got any playing time last year. Can they go to another school and play due to all of this media coverage/seems to be toxic today at MV? They have very concerned and have to make decisions without alot of information and without a coach. MV has had coaches being put on probation from UIL on the girls side , who is going to make the new boys coaches follow the rules. It is sad what these boys are going through right now.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:27 AM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Good thing he graduated 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, BlueBobcat said:

Being VERY close to this coming years senior class, the boys are very concerned.

Being a senior and playing every year since 7th grade (being varsity starters the last three years) and now move- ins will take their spot. This year will not be about the kids but the coach. Moving from finney's offense to the spread. Backup quarterback never got any playing time last year. Can they go to another school and play due to all of this media coverage/seems to be toxic today at MV? They have very concerned and have to make decisions without alot of information and without a coach. MV has had coaches being put on probation from UIL on the girls side , who is going to make the new boys coaches follow the rules. It is sad what these boys are going through right now.

Firstly, who knows for a fact there will be move-ins and second, who to say Briles will go to the spread. Pretty sure he knows how to coach a ground and pound team also. So you think all coaches break rules? Why would that be on your radar? You just believing that because it's Briles? 

4 hours ago, BlueBobcat said:

Winnsboro is only 17 miles away!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BlueBobcat said:

Sounds more like a parent concerned about their kid losing their spot.  I would assume the kid who gives MV the best chance to win will be the one who plays.

20 hours ago, BlueBobcat said:

Dang Snowflakes. Ridiculous..

• LOL! 1

On 5/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, BlueBobcat said:

The video on the news of the board meeting showed kids on the team very elated to have Briles. Your comments sound a little fishy. 

Snowflake? I started three years against Odessa in prime time mojo in playoff games. Me and my family members were on state championship teams and played for great men/coaches. My concern is that these kids will have news media and protesters at every practice and game. This year will be about a coach and not about them. Art Briles is a great coach and will bring great coaches and players with him.  We just want to play and stay off national news.