UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Art Briles

Just a thought, but with media comes more chances for the boys to be seen and just maybe some might get offers that they might not have gotten. 

Question, would those against this feel the same way if it were Nick Saban coming to coach? Is it really the media you have a problem with? Just curious.

The boys have questions and there is not any boys coaches around- most are gone. They are lost and don't know what this next years holds. It would be nice is one of this coming year coaches could meet with the upper classman ( last years varsity squad) and answer their questions.  All they are hearing is this national news noise. Just saying 

Guest Tiger03lb

No matter where he went high school, college, or the NFL. It was going to get national attention. Like you guys are now. It'll blow over and you guys will start focusing on football. 

Golfnut brought a good point up that a lot of folks are over looking. He's taking on a small town 3A school, and giving these kids a chance to get recognized and possibly some scholarships and/or chances that they may never get again. 

Has anyone ever thought that Briles loves the game of football and still wants to coach kids, clearly he's not doing it for the money, he has that. He is helping a community out more than what everyone is seeing right now and I support that every bit and imo the school board and superintendent got it right. 

Blue Bobcat with 6 posts, who cares where you played? Any HS that can get #CAB to come coach there is very lucky. Coach Briles has daughters and granddaughters, he didn’t rape anyone. The man is a scapegoat. You don’t give $18 million to a guilty man. People still can’t get this.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, randomuser said:

Blue Bobcat with 6 posts, who cares where you played? Any HS that can get #CAB to come coach there is very lucky. Coach Briles has daughters and granddaughters, he didn’t rape anyone. The man is a scapegoat. You don’t give $18 million to a guilty man. People still can’t get this.

✔️

• Stinks 1

17 hours ago, BlueBobcat said:

Snowflake? I started three years against Odessa in prime time mojo in playoff games. Me and my family members were on state championship teams and played for great men/coaches. My concern is that these kids will have news media and protesters at every practice and game. This year will be about a coach and not about them. Art Briles is a great coach and will bring great coaches and players with him.  We just want to play and stay off national news.

You weren’t on any state championship team if you played at Permian there big baller. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the last Permian state title was in 1989.

21 hours ago, randomuser said:

Yes you do, because the whole university was guilty and he knew it. 

• Like 1

Congrats to Mount Vernon for standing tall and giving Coach Briles this opportunity to coach in the states once again.  We humans believe in giving second chances even the worse of the worse have been given them.  I'll definitely be paying more attention to Mount Vernon atheletics in the years to come.  

• Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Not a chance in hell the NFL would touch Briles. They would be worried that sponsors would pull out do to calls to boycott their products. To much to risk involved. 

🤔 Yet he can coach at the high school level? Head scratcher.  I would believe that before this hire. Now not so much. JS

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Mount Vernon ISD made a statement by hiring Art Briles as the high school's new head football coach and athletic director.

On Monday, the community has a chance to speak out.  https://t.co/IvMTb6YbZB

(via @JoeJHoyt)

#txhsfb https://t.co/KAQvrWJUg5

This should be interesting. 

The Dallas Morning News will not forgive Briles for beating UT!!