UPDATE: Mount Vernon hires Art Briles

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Oh, I said them taking late shots is why we lost? Nah, just saying they was dirty. I’m trying to figure out why you’re bent outta shape over my opinion. I know I know, I’m making excuses. Our QB wasn’t really hurt I’m just making it up to have an excuse. You’re right though, they played just barely good enough to beat us with our Field General on crutches. Lol  now on to this year. How’s your MV Lions gonna look this year?

LOLOL!! Not a MV fan, just love the game and love to see upsets. Just hate it when "fans" make excuses instead of giving the other team credit for coming up with a great game plan and playing their butts off to upset a very heavy favorite. Bottom line was your Eagles should have demolished MV even if they had to play a  junior high quarterback. The talent differential was incredibly lop sided...but that's what makes high school football so much fun to watch. The best team doesn't always win. Have a nice day, we have definitely gotten off track. My apologies to the mods. Back to MV.

11 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

LOLOL!! Not a MV fan, just love the game and love to see upsets. Just hate it when "fans" make excuses instead of giving the other team credit for coming up with a great game plan and playing their butts off to upset a very heavy favorite. Bottom line was your Eagles should have demolished MV even if they had to play a  junior high quarterback. The talent differential was incredibly lop sided...but that's what makes high school football so much fun to watch. The best team doesn't always win. Have a nice day, we have definitely gotten off track. My apologies to the mods. Back to MV.

The biggest problem with any QB getting hurt is that it cripples the entire offense. If you thought our athletes looked good, you should have seen them when our QB was healthy. I gave MV props last year. They played really hard and did well enough to win and that’s all that matters. 

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

BTW, I know you’re not a MV fan. Just jackin with ya. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

As good of athletes as Tatum had last year, their QB playing hurt was a MAJOR factor in their two losses to end their season. He was a game changer!!! I wasn't at the Tatum/Mt. Vernon game, so I have no clue if they were out played and out coached, but I do know with a healthy QB, they could have beat Gladewater, won the district and had a different road through the playoffs. Then Gladewater would have gotten MV in that first round. It's hard for me to believe that Tatum would have lost to MV with a healthy QB. Their other athletes become better with their QB at 💯 and matchups change. Maybe on most teams one player doesn't make a difference but I could sure give many examples of one player changing the whole course of a game. JMO 

9 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

As good of athletes as Tatum had last year, their QB playing hurt was a MAJOR factor in their two losses to end their season. He was a game changer!!! I wasn't at the Tatum/Mt. Vernon game, so I have no clue if they were out played and out coached, but I do know with a healthy QB, they could have beat Gladewater, won the district and had a different road through the playoffs. Then Gladewater would have gotten MV in that first round. It's hard for me to believe that Tatum would have lost to MV with a healthy QB. Their other athletes become better with their QB at 💯 and matchups change. Maybe on most teams one player doesn't make a difference but I could sure give many examples of one player changing the whole course of a game. JMO 

Now now, let’s stick to facts. Lol

• Stinks 1

9 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’d agree 110% if said player played any other position, but the QB position is a little different. Missing your QB is going to play a significant role more than if your All State Guard or All American Tight End were out. I’m not taking anything away from MV by any means. Tatum was out coached and were vastly more athletic. 

Tatum was just outcoched.

Tatum was just outplayed on the field.

Tatum was overrated.

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well they lost, so it’s kinda hard to argue with your statements. 

I’m not sure Tatum was out-coached as far as Xs and Os. I do think Tatum made a mistake playing OB. They were in a bad situation either way though because no one else on the sideline could run the offense the way he did. He was a true game changer. As far as being overrated I don’t agree. If Tatum had a healthy OB I would not have been at all surprised to see them give Malakoff a heck of a game and possibly even played for a title. I’m not saying it would have happened but it wouldn’t have surprised me. Anyone who didn’t see that kid play shouldn’t really have an opinion. He changed their entire offense. Once he lost his ability to make plays Tatum lost half of their playbook. He would force defenses to come up when he scrambled to stop him and then he would throw it over the top of them to an open receiver. Gladewater beat Tatum but his injury was a major factor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
On 6/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, Golfingnut said:

I watched them play last year in that round. Tatum had the athletes but Tatum relied on OB heavily and when they tried using others in the playbook it wasn't working later in the second qtr and second half and Tatum D isn't that great and they were getting gassed towards the end. MV called the right plays at the right time and the crowd got into it helping the momentum. 

Guest Tiger03lb
23 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m not sure Tatum was out-coached as far as Xs and Os. I do think Tatum made a mistake playing OB. They were in a bad situation either way though because no one else on the sideline could run the offense the way he did. He was a true game changer. As far as being overrated I don’t agree. If Tatum had a healthy OB I would not have been at all surprised to see them give Malakoff a heck of a game and possibly even played for a title. I’m not saying it would have happened but it wouldn’t have surprised me. Anyone who didn’t see that kid play shouldn’t really have an opinion. He changed their entire offense. Once he lost his ability to make plays Tatum lost half of their playbook. He would force defenses to come up when he scrambled to stop him and then he would throw it over the top of them to an open receiver. Gladewater beat Tatum but his injury was a major factor. 

I would love to see a Malakoff/Tatum game happen. I think it would be great game!

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

It would definitely be a better game than it was in ‘06. We still got a lot of work to do to get to that point though. 

Definitely! When Sorensen left it went down hill again after his few years there late 90's. You guys will get there, no doubt. 

13 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Checked the thread to get Coach Briles info.  And got high jacked by Tatum posters. Get on your own thread. 

In our defense it’s usually not our fault. You’d know that if you read the thread. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Checked the thread to get Coach Briles info.  And got high jacked by Tatum posters. Get on your own thread. 

Cliff Notes - Briles still in France.  Only one confirmed staff hire is in MV - the strength & conditioning coach.  Some MV residents mad about the hire, but it appears the majority support it.  Lots of unanswered questions still.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2