Fingers quadruple crossed for Mavs, draft lottery...

PelvisPresley

well, it's draft lottery time and the Mavs have a TINY mcpuny chance to get the #1 pick and Zion. the main thing of importance though is that the Mavs luck out and get a top 4 pick, so they don't lose their pick to Atlanta. 

other thoughts for the NBA of late:

~ wondering with the way things are now with the NBA D League, why they aren't expanding to 3 rounds (and maybe allowing teams to select a 4th round pick every 5th year, on a rotation - that would add something) - this would give teams some real depth to do through for D League teams and their lineup would get better...give more college players a shot (they would still need to come up w/ a rule to mandate a age with NCAA players).

~ any thoughts on draft lottery?

~ the crazy Porzingis junk (him getting beaten up in that club, for supposedly "leaving the Knicks").

6 hours ago, topher805 said:

The Knicks will win the lottery tonight. I dont care what happens or what can happen. The Knicks will win. The league wants Zion with KD and Kyrie in the Garden

Can you freeze a ping pong ball? 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:04 PM, Valhalla said:

I wish the NBA took care of Oklahoma City the way that they take care of New Orleans. 

They just won’t admit to failure in that city.

in what way...OKC has been a well run franchise, not sure they need any help.

16 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Not having the salary cap increase 30 million dollars the year Kevin Durant was a free agent would have been nice, or not create an outrageous repeater tax right when it was time to pay Harden, Westbrook, and Durant.

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Not having the salary cap increase 30 million dollars the year Kevin Durant was a free agent would have been nice, or not create an outrageous repeater tax right when it was time to pay Harden, Westbrook, and Durant.

But I'm pretty sure OKC had Bird Rights on Durant, so they could have sign him at the time to a 5 yr 150 million contract, and because they had his Bird Rights, they could have went over the Salary Cap without a penalty.  He took a 2 yr 54 mill contract with GS.   Money wasn't the issue with KD, he just wanted to leave. 

As far as Harden goes, you are right about the repeater tax, but that is a rule for everyone.  OKC would have potentially had 4 max contract (Ibaka, Westbrook, KD, Harden), so that is pretty much a hard thing to do for a small market team, heck any team.  But more than likely, Harden or one of the others would have left, because there is only one ball.  Harden knew teams were going to offer the max to him, and he could go somewhere and be the man and not the six man coming off the bench.   Where OKC messed up, is they could have had Harden for one more yr on his rookie contract before they had to make a decision to trade him, which is what they should have done, but Harden and his team kinda put the pressure on him to get traded. 

but with that said, the NBA has helped out N.O. in the past.  The Chris Paul trade comes to mind.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yep, they did pretty well with the Paul George situation. I mean, I would prefer to have a different star from Westbrook if I was OKC, but that's me. he's a selfish psychopath that accepts no blame on himself unless he has been greased with crisco and it means nothing (seasons over & who freakin' cares - he says it whispering turning his head, not really meaning it...where he or his people could just say he owns all the blame - yeah right).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

But I'm pretty sure OKC had Bird Rights on Durant, so they could have sign him at the time to a 5 yr 150 million contract, and because they had his Bird Rights, they could have went over the Salary Cap without a penalty.  He took a 2 yr 54 mill contract with GS.   Money wasn't the issue with KD, he just wanted to leave. 

As far as Harden goes, you are right about the repeater tax, but that is a rule for everyone.  OKC would have potentially had 4 max contract (Ibaka, Westbrook, KD, Harden), so that is pretty much a hard thing to do for a small market team, heck any team.  But more than likely, Harden or one of the others would have left, because there is only one ball.  Harden knew teams were going to offer the max to him, and he could go somewhere and be the man and not the six man coming off the bench.   Where OKC messed up, is they could have had Harden for one more yr on his rookie contract before they had to make a decision to trade him, which is what they should have done, but Harden and his team kinda put the pressure on him to get traded. 

but with that said, the NBA has helped out N.O. in the past.  The Chris Paul trade comes to mind.

Yeah but Golden State should not have had the cap room to sign him period. 

Instead of 3-4 teams having the cap space to sign him pretty much every team in the NBA did because of the 30 million cap bump in one year.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Yeah but Golden State should not have had the cap room to sign him period. 

Instead of 3-4 teams having the cap space to sign him pretty much every team in the NBA did because of the 30 million cap bump in one year.

thats true. I think GS had Draymond and Klay maxed out and Curry on a friendly deal (due to past injuries), then the cap went up 30 million and allowed them to sign Durant and plus since they had Curry bird rights, they could max him out.  Yea...GS caught a huge break .