San Antonio-based Whataburger hires Morgan Stanley to ‘explore our options’

Wild74

3 hours ago, Wild74 said:

There used to be far more locations than there are today in other states.  I remember eating in California back in 1978, but they pulled out in the 80's.  I can see not wanting to go back now with all of the taxes out there.  I think they could dominate the South though.  They had two locations in the Birmingham area that were 20 miles a part, and none in Birmingham proper.  They would tear apart Jack's, Checkers, and Rally's.  Actually, I think they could dominate anywhere, but they would have to feature a mayo burger up north.  I don't see how anyone eats those things.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

There used to be far more locations than there are today in other states.  I remember eating in California back in 1978, but they pulled out in the 80's.  I can see not wanting to go back now with all of the taxes out there.  I think they could dominate the South though.  They had two locations in the Birmingham area that were 20 miles a part, and none in Birmingham proper.  They would tear apart Jack's, Checkers, and Rally's.  Actually, I think they could dominate anywhere, but they would have to feature a mayo burger up north.  I don't see how anyone eats those things.  

They pulled out of Shreveport also, but came back later, you can still see the old A-Frames that was left behind. Whataburgers all over Shreveport now