2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Posted my full prediction on the 6A thread but I’m thinking Longview, West Mesquite, Royse City, John Tyler, McKinney North, Wylie East and Sherman.

Poteet isn’t opting up, so 7 team district. 

Wow, by the looks on paper this looks like a 1-2 team district between JT and Longview with north losing so much, I know royse city did pretty good this season but will it transition in D1? 

for a way to early prediction I would go

1. Longview

2. John Tyler

3. McKinney North

4. Royse City

5. Sherman

6. West Mesquite

7. Wylie East

18 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Posted my full prediction on the 6A thread but I’m thinking Longview, West Mesquite, Royse City, John Tyler, McKinney North, Wylie East and Sherman.

Yeah, I played around with a mock map and this is the only thing that made sense. Rather Lancaster be in our district over Sherman but the Mansfield schools gonna need Lancaster in order to make it at least a 7 team district for them.

22 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

What's everyone's 5a d2 prediction

If they go for an East/West alignment.... I think it'll be something like this:

Crandall
Mesquite Poteet
Carrollton Creekview
Rock Hill
Ennis 
Corsicana
North Forney
Terrell
Forney

Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches

---------

If they go more North/South It'll be something like this:

Texas High
MP
SS
Poteet
Creekview
Rock Hill
North Forney
Forney
Sulphur Springs

Corsicana
Ennis
Terrell
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Marshall
Pine Tree
Hallsville
Whitehouse

Greenville is the wildcard.  They could go into either of these districts... OR they could join the Frisco/Denison district.  

JMHO

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Yeah, I played around with a mock map and this is the only thing that made sense. Rather Lancaster be in our district over Sherman but the Mansfield schools gonna need Lancaster in order to make it at least a 7 team district for them.

Yep. It’s a crunch for numbers for sure. Of course everything changes if they don’t put Amarillo/Lubbock/El Paso all together. 

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

When is the last time Greenville and SS were split apart while being in the same classification?

Would SS and Greenville both slide into the Denison/Frisco?  Leaving MP/TH to come south? 

I could see them going to the metroplex and MP and THigh going south. 

Looked on maxpreps. Back in 2012/2013 SS and Greenville were same classification but different districts. So it could happen 

16 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

This will stink for LV...its 150 miles to Sherman from LV...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Longview,+TX/Sherman,+TX/@33.0340219,-96.311362,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x863635ff97df3351:0xb30ff0f774195933!2m2!1d-94.7404891!2d32.5007037!1m5!1m1!1s0x864c79cc503f06b7:0x8f9e9208cae18551!2m2!1d-96.6088805!2d33.6356618!3e0

1 hour ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Would be the same for Sherman too lol.

I'd enjoy it, just cause it's a new place and team that I've never been to or seen that team.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Where do you put the 3 Mansfield schools then? And Midlothian?

Ft Worth Brewer, Richland, Birdville, Grapevine, Colleyville Heritage, Northwest, Arlington Heights - Ft Worth/Mid Cities 5A D1FWMC.JPG

Cleburn, Crowley, Granbury, Mansfield X3, Midlothian - South Metroplex 5A D...and add Burleson, just below Crowley on the map.  Makes it 8.DFWS.JPG

I haven't really looked further west and how that impacts districts there but this would cover the metromess and east texas with what I plotted out earlier...send the Ft Worth/Mid Cities to Reg 1...keep the 4 listed first as Reg 2.

Honestly who knows what they are going to do...I would never put 6 Dallas schools in the same district, that is putting 4 teams in the playoffs that would get destroyed in the first round, I imagine that is why HP and Lancaster are in with them now.  You have to split those up somehow, I couldn't imagine being in the Frisco district with Sherman and McKinney N, finish 5th and miss the playoffs only to go watch the 4th place team from your district donkey stomp the 1st place from Dallas ISD.

1 hour ago, dfwfootballfan said:

I haven't really looked further west and how that impacts districts there but this would cover the metromess and east texas with what I plotted out earlier...send the Ft Worth/Mid Cities to Reg 1...keep the 4 listed first as Reg 2.

That's my only problem, cause I would love for your districts to turn out.

Abilene Cooper is out on an island.

Then there's the 4 Amarillo schools, 3 Lubbock and 3 El Paso. And the UIL has let everyone know they start out West.

Those 9 schools out west will decide everything for Region I/II and potentially III if they create two separate districts and push Lufkin's district to Region III. Cooper has to go East with the western DFW schools I would have to believe.

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Would be the same for Sherman too lol.

I'd enjoy it, just cause it's a new place and team that I've never been to or seen that team.

You AIN'T missing NOTHING. Just gone up a little north on Central Expressway aka Hwy.75 several miles north of McKinney when you're bored and got a tank full of gas (PREFERABLY in a Toyota Prius or smart car) and look at their stadium. I mean, when you get there just get out and have a close, personal look.

Now, your mouth at that particular moment should be wide open in disbelief. The traffic on Friday nights after the game in that location HAS to be atrocious on it's BEST day. That venue is about the closest thing to a sardine can that you possibly emulate. It reminds you a lot of Ruston's Bearcat Stadium if you have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to embrace that urinal.

• LOL! 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:15 PM, Mavchamp said:

If they go for an East/West alignment.... I think it'll be something like this:

Crandall
Mesquite Poteet
Carrollton Creekview
Rock Hill
Ennis 
Corsicana
North Forney
Terrell
Forney

Texas High
Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Whitehouse
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches

---------

If they go more North/South It'll be something like this:

Texas High
MP
SS
Poteet
Creekview
Rock Hill
North Forney
Forney
Sulphur Springs

Corsicana
Ennis
Terrell
Jacksonville
Nacogdoches
Marshall
Pine Tree
Hallsville
Whitehouse

Greenville is the wildcard.  They could go into either of these districts... OR they could join the Frisco/Denison district.  

JMHO

Which alignment do you prefer?  
East/West or North/South?

And for the I-20 and south group.... would you prefer region II or III?  Why? 

52 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Which alignment do you prefer?  
East/West or North/South?

And for the I-20 and south group.... would you prefer region II or III?  Why? 

I think the north south is easier for the south teams. Whichever way Texas High will still be on road for 2 1/2 hours plus in furthest district games 

5 hours ago, tomlandry said:

I think the north south is easier for the south teams. Whichever way Texas High will still be on road for 2 1/2 hours plus in furthest district games 

Same for Marshall.  if we end up with Greenville... that’s 2.5 hours. 

Ennis and Corsicana are each 2.5 hours.  

Prosper is 2.5 hours.  

Terrell and Mesquite  are over 2 hours. 

Unless we get lucky.... sounds like Mavs are going to get some road time the next 2 years. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Same for Marshall.  if we end up with Greenville... that’s 2.5 hours. 

Ennis and Corsicana are each 2.5 hours.  

Prosper is 2.5 hours.  

Terrell and Mesquite  are over 2 hours. 

Unless we get lucky.... sounds like Mavs are going to get some road time the next 2 years. 

Do we have any indication of n.s. or e.w.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:10 PM, Mavchamp said:

Where do they go?  They have to land somewhere.  Putting them with deep East Texas doesn’t make sense. 

Going to come down to if the split of the 5A districts is more East and West or North and South. 

Rock Hill and Creekview probably be in a district with Frisco schools.

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread