Most overrated programs

Jerryhawk111

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Exactly.

All of East Texas was supporting Longview to win that game, but’s let’s not act like Longview is the only place in East Texas where football happens.

There is a lot of great football played here. Big and small. The problem is that we have 3-4 big schools that can win, and about 30 small schools that win. It’s just the demographic of the area. There are a ton of small towns. Probably more small towns in this area than anywhere in the state. It’s a dense population but no big cities. Of course ETX is going to compete consistently deep in the playoffs on the small school level. If nothing else it’s a numbers game. We have more programs, so the probability is much higher.

But there is some unbelievable small school football played in this area. The best in the state. 

We should all come together and accept things for what they are. ETX football is something to celebrate. Not try to beat each other down over big and small. We are all lucky to be able to witness great football on Friday nights. Big and small. You can find an outstanding game every Friday night within an hours drive. Everywhere in the state is not like that.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Don’t sit here and act like there is just one 6A championship lol. 

There’s more than just 6A?

You mean to tell me others school compete with schools their size? 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

38 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

There is a lot of great football played here. Big and small. The problem is that we have 3-4 big schools that can win, and about 30 small schools that win. It’s just the demographic of the area. There are a ton of small towns. Probably more small towns in this area than anywhere in the state. It’s a dense population but no big cities. Of course ETX is going to compete consistently deep in the playoffs on the small school level. If nothing else it’s a numbers game. We have more programs, so the probability is much higher.

But there is some unbelievable small school football played in this area. The best in the state. 

We should all come together and accept things for what they are. ETX football is something to celebrate. Not try to beat each other down over big and small. We are all lucky to be able to witness great football on Friday nights. Big and small. You can find an outstanding game every Friday night within an hours drive. Everywhere in the state is not like that.

Agree with everything you said. 

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I know many on here have given Longview a hard time for losing games in the past. But I don’t think you will find many Carthage fans who are saying things like that. Not recently anyway. Maybe in the past. You have to understand when a program just starts winning they think they are invincible. Takes a while for reality to sink in. We (Carthage fans) need to worry about schools in our own division that have 35% more enrollment than we do. And beating teams like Argyle, LV, and LH. Dang sure don’t need to be worried about 5a and 6a schools. And the last team we should worry about playing is Longview.

But Carthage has proven they can compete with average to slightly above average teams 1 class above them.

l love Longview and know Carthage or any other small school wants no part on a year to year basis. It would be dumb to think otherwise.

But I think you should give some of the small schools a break. I saw people showing the Lobos all of love this season. And I am sure it’s going to continue in the fall. 

Agree. Quality post.

Carthage, Marshall, Huntsville were pretty evenly matched as any team COULD beat the other depending on how the ball bounced that game. Carthage had a better offense than Huntsville but Huntsvilles D was alot better than Carthages. Marshall was playing much better ball in the playoffs than non district. The coaching staff was in their 2nd season so this team/program is still improving/building. 

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Don’t sit here and act like there is just one 6A championship lol. 

Who said that?

Don't sit here and act like there aren't wide gaps in enrollments in each division either lol

Rockwall (2615) played Allen (6664) in the 2nd round. Propser (for the time being) and Westfield are much larger schools than Longview.

Also remember that 6A isn't pre split yet...so it's definitely nothing to see a school with 3k more kids competing against another during the regular season.

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

All of East Texas was supporting Longview to win that game

That's alot of BS right there and you know it.

Folks wanted to hang on to that "Longview chokes so bad every year" narrative too much.

• Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's alot of BS right there and you know it.

Folks wanted to hang on to that "Longview chokes so bad every year" narrative too much.

Show me where folks said that. 

You know what they say about those that assume. 

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Show me where folks said that. 

Don't act dumb, you've been apart of this board how long? You've never seen a small school fan say anything of the sort, EVER?

You see what you wanna see.

15 minutes ago, Dfield2010champs said:

Is it tougher in the bigger classifications? Then how do you explain the Allen’s, Austin Westlakes, and Southlake Carroll’s? How they manage to put together multiple titles? Yeah congrats on your title.  

You really compared the suburbs to rural lol

You got alot to learn.

2 minutes ago, Dfield2010champs said:

Hope your alive in 2091 to see your Lobos win it again. 

We'll repeat this year.

We probably won't see a 1-9 season until 2091 though.

Just now, Dfield2010champs said:

That a pick of the tailback from the first title team? Good to see he’s in good spirits. 

^^^^^

Dudes squad went 1-9 and he's talking down on a program that hasn't done that since 1952 and is #8 in all time wins.

Image result for laugh gif

2 minutes ago, Dfield2010champs said:

You’re hanging onto that 1-9 thing like it’s gold. 

I'm sorry dude. I've just never experienced that, guess that's why its so funny.

22 minutes ago, ANTI said:

^^^^^

Dudes squad went 1-9 and he's talking down on a program that hasn't done that since 1952 and is #8 in all time wins.

Image result for laugh gif

Because that 1-9 is Thanos. It made all those titles disappear. 

Same with our 0-10. No titles, no lone star cup. Notta nothing. 

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Because that 1-9 is Thanos.

Once you start accepting 1-9 or 0-10 for any reason, you can't be taken serious.

May even explain why those two football programs have done nothing for me lately, you're content because hey "you won a title years ago" lol 

Lemme guess, in your mind Tyler Lee is a better program than Lufkin and JT because they have a more recent title. Imagine believing that. Throw out consistency and let's go 2-8 because hey, we won the ship in 04 lol

29 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Once you start accepting 1-9 or 0-10 for any reason, you can't be taken serious.

May even explain why those two football programs have done nothing for me lately, you're content because hey "you won a title years ago" lol 

Lemme guess, in your mind Tyler Lee is a better program than Lufkin and JT because they have a more recent title. Imagine believing that. Throw out consistency and let's go 2-8 because hey, we won the ship in 04 lol

Accepting? 

What can fans do about 1-9 or 0-10? 

And I never once said anything about Longview not having a program. So I don’t know where you get that from. But ya see only what you want to see. 

Fact is a title in 6A is no greater than a title in six-man. A title is a title. You chose not to see that other programs in ET have more of a storied history than Longview and that’s fine. You do you. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1