Anarchy Erupts at Texas ‘Go Topless’ Beach Party: Brawls, Property Destruction, 120 Arrests

RETIREDFAN1

While mixing alcohol, beaches, sun, and crazy people is never a good thing, but my gosh for some of you to criticize an area because they are having a good time driving on a beach, drinking a little is absolutely absurd. It's one of the few places people can drive on a beach in Texas, but leave it to the "holier than thou" to complain about everything. SMFH

21 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

While mixing alcohol, beaches, sun, and crazy people is never a good thing, but my gosh for some of you to criticize an area because they are having a good time driving on a beach, drinking a little is absolutely absurd. It's one of the few places people can drive on a beach in Texas, but leave it to the "holier than thou" to complain about everything. SMFH

Nobody said anything about people being civil & having a good time with drinks & relaxing;  What Was pointed out was idiots not being able to have fun without starting 💩 & messing things up for people who CAN hold their liquor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Thats debatable.  I happen to think mixing alcohol with any activity is a good idea.  

I can remember when there would hardly be anyone at that beach, and many times no one was there.  I used to go there, because I could grill on the beach, drink, and go skinny dipping if I wanted to and did a couple of times.  That was over 20+ years ago, and now that looks as crowded as Stewart Beach almost.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can remember when there would hardly be anyone at that beach, and many times no one was there.  I used to go there, because I could grill on the beach, drink, and go skinny dipping if I wanted to and did a couple of times.  That was over 20+ years ago, and now that looks as crowded as Stewart Beach almost.  

You did this in Galveston?

5 hours ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Thats debatable.  I happen to think mixing alcohol with any activity is a good idea.  

Like piloting a jumbo jet? Driving hazardous chemicals through metropolitan interstates? 

No, Alcohol doesn’t make Every activity better...but I knew what you meant!😬

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Like piloting a jumbo jet? Driving hazardous chemicals through metropolitan interstates? 

No, Alcohol doesn’t make Every activity better...but I knew what you meant!😬

If I’m piloting a jumbo jet, I’m gonna be drinking.  

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

And from what I have seen over the past couple of years of going to Crystal Beach, outside of the "Topless" weekend, it really is a lot more quiet than the Island. Almost deserted during the week days, a little more crowded on the weekends. But that is true everywhere. 

22 hours ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

You did this in Galveston?

Crystal Beach back in the day.  No one went to that beach hardly at all.  Me and my ex wife did of course we kept our swimsuits close by in case anyone pulled up.  Another beach we liked to go to was Jamaica Beach, because no one would go there.  I don't really care about dealing with crowds.  I'm no exhibitionist at all, and I've never seen a shark in the Galveston area.  

5 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Pics,  or it never happened.

I never take pictures as evidence you never know who could come across them accidentally.  Plus back then you would have had to get them developed.  I was just thinking about how desolate that beach was back in the day vs. today.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Crystal Beach back in the day.  No one went to that beach hardly at all.  Me and my ex wife did of course we kept our swimsuits close by in case anyone pulled up.  Another beach we liked to go to was Jamaica Beach, because no one would go there.  I don't really care about dealing with crowds.  I'm no exhibitionist at all, and I've never seen a shark in the Galveston area.  

It’s sharky there