Discussion Topic: What would you choose?

TTman7

FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, If you could watch & follow ONLY ONE sport...which sport would you choose? 

Sub-topic: which level...high school, college, or pro? 

My pick would definitely be FOOTBALL. However, I am struggling to choose between high school, college, or pro football. During football season, all three consume my whole week, not just Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. 

College football...   other than the Lobos, it's pretty much the only other sport I really follow any more. I keep tabs on the NFL for Fantasy Football purposes, but I don't think I've watched a complete NFL game in two or three years. 

• Like 1

NFL Football, but I would want it to be all year long.  I keep up with MLB, but it's really only fun to watch on TV during the post season.  If I had the money to be a season ticket holder and go to the games I'd be at every one of them that was in town.  I love watching a live baseball game.  It's the best by far to watch live.  Seating at football stadiums doesn't give you a great view unless you can walk the sidelines.  I hated having end zone seats, especially when much of the game was spent at the other end of the field.  

1 hour ago, AKA said:

This. 

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

High school football. There's a time when I would've said NFL but that time has passed.

I can go along with that. How about TV coverage & TV shows focusing on each of our teams... all year long...nothing but HS football. Kinda like the NFL Network does for the NFL. 

TV Shows that covered the season, the recruiting season and National Signing Day, off-season, spring ball, etc. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I can go along with that. How about TV coverage & TV shows focusing on each of our teams... all year long...nothing but HS football. Kinda like the NFL Network does for the NFL. 

TV Shows that covered the season, the recruiting season and National Signing Day, off-season, spring ball, etc. 

The thing is, as long as you have the NFL you would still have college and high school level football even if schools decided to get rid of it.  People would still want to practice, train, and play for the chance to make it to the NFL.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The thing is, as long as you have the NFL you would still have college and high school level football even if schools decided to get rid of it.  People would still want to practice, train, and play for the chance to make it to the NFL.  

True. I concur. 

I was just trying to equate the current NFL style coverage by media to that of HS football under the scenario chosen.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, TTman7 said:

True. I concur. 

I was just trying to equate the current NFL style coverage by media to that of HS football under the scenario chosen.

There is rarely any coverage of High School football, maybe a couple of interviews with coaches during the week.  Highlights and scores on Friday night.  I remember when KLTV used to broadcast a High School Game of the week on Friday night while the game was happening, and usually a rerun later.  That was in the early 80's.  I would tape some of them on my VCR.  Some of them are still up on YouTube to this day.  Since it's not covered like the NFL, they can't show game highlights from 50+ years ago like the NFL can.  However if all sports ended today they probably would, but High School football isn't even close to college or the NFL to me.  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:14 AM, TTman7 said:

Boom! Yasssah

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...