Turnpike Trubadours Over?

Stoney

8EC17675-5907-4F3E-84C4-B6D0D939E86B.jpeg

The band posted this to their Facebook account about 30 minutes ago. Anybody who follows the band knows Evan Felker hasn’t been in the best shape lately. This was the performance from a couple weeks back that showed how bad of a situation it is. Felker’s a heck of a talent. It’s just sad that there’s a history of talent and substance issues going hand in hand.

“Oh and lovers they march by, but they ain't like you and I
They all wanna be Hank Williams, they don't wanna have to die”

The man who wrote this is sadly headed down the same path. 

4 hours ago, topher805 said:

Saw it posted somewhere, stop buying these guys shots and free drinks, and spend that money on merch instead.

Amen to that. You drink the shot then your playing into the “rock and roll” lifestyle. You turn down the shot then your the biggest “donkey” ever, they’ll never spend another dime on somebody who’s too good to drink that I bought.  That’s a tough situation to tiptoe. I’ve never bought anybody a drink. That’s not my deal. I have no problem buying a hat, shirt, koozie, anything to support the musician. 

1 hour ago, mellon said:

Could it be the Miranda curse?

I don’t think she helped matters. I think Evan was already in a bad place. He already had some personal issues going on. He basically leaves his wife for Miranda. Goes through the media storm of that and then the breakup. I think all that pushed him over. You see a guy in that video who was happy and loved music. Shortly after that video, they blow up into the biggest Texas Country band probably since Pat Green and Ragweed. Maybe even bigger. I really wonder if Evan’s more like a Willis Alan Ramsey than a Toby Keith. Happy to play a gig in front of a 100 people with a bar tab for $500 versus selling out the Houston Rodeo and front covers of People Magazine with Miranda.