2019 Kilgore Football Thread

kildog84

12 hours ago, kildog84 said:

Excited for this upcoming season , noticed there has been some changes with coaching staff .

From what I’ve heard, they’re going away from the triple option stuff and going back to more what they were running in 2013 when they had their state run. They will be young, but there is a lot of excitement in  K-town right now.

• Like 1

No not head coach but OC left . I believed they moved some good coaches around and hired a coach to help with QB’s and offense . My understanding they moved JV head coach  to OC , which is not a bad thing . He is really sharp . I believe the talent is there , this may be the adjustment needed to make a good run . 

Good luck to the Dawgs in 2019. 

I always enjoyed our rivalry with Kilgore 2002–2013. 

It’s nice to have rivals that you felt respect was a two way street!  

Go Kilgore! 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Hope to see Kilgore back in the state title hunt. If the post about the offense changing is true, I think that’s a good thing. Kilgore is a rival, but honestly I like to see them be good. 

Carthage vs Kilgore in the Regional Finals?

1 hour ago, kildog84 said:

No not head coach but OC left . I believed they moved some good coaches around and hired a coach to help with QB’s and offense . My understanding they moved JV head coach  to OC , which is not a bad thing . He is really sharp . I believe the talent is there , this may be the adjustment needed to make a good run . 

Ok, yeah I figured they meant OC and not head coach. But I thought something may have changed since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Good luck to the Dawgs in 2019. 

I always enjoyed our rivalry with Kilgore 2002–2013. 

It’s nice to have rivals that you felt respect was a two way street!  

Go Kilgore! 

No doubt , when I was in school Marshall was top of the class in east texas for sure . Dennis Parker was there and shortly after leaving he was actually speaker at one of our football banquets . Tons of respect for the coaches and athletes that have went through that organization .

• Like 1

The passing game coordinator is from a long coaching family tree. His dad was the head coach at Cuero last year when they won it all. He’s a former college QB and knows his stuff. Hopefully Kilgore can keep him around, but he will move up the ranks quickly. He coached at the college level last year. As much as I dislike Kilgore, I have to root for their offense now. 

Dang it!!

• Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Back to the Smash Mouth football and an occasional quick dump off to the TE or RB!!

Well I'm not sure we need to go straight back to the way it was , but I do think that a good combo of old and maybe some new would be good . I think that we have some guys with arms coming up as well as some good hands also . atleast get away from being predictable on offense .  defensive side I say turn them loose , this group is known to be aggressive .

1 minute ago, Ignorantfan said:

The passing game coordinator is from a long coaching family tree. His dad was the head coach at Cuero last year when they won it all. He’s a former college QB and knows his stuff. Hopefully Kilgore can keep him around, but he will move up the ranks quickly. He coached at the college level last year. As much as I dislike Kilgore, I have to root for their offense now. 

Dang it!!

Wow I did not know that , that is great information .Cuero is a great organization .I knew that he had came from a college but didn't know much other than that , talking to some of the kids they all sound like he has really been accepted and is liked well . hopefully we can change your dislike for us soon . Thanks for the information

50 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Would be fine with me. Would be a great atmosphere.

Really would love to see that , Carthage is first class and making a run through playoffs with them would be great.

Don't forget that head coaches still dictate what defense and offense the coordinators run. Not saying that changes are needed in Kilgore but I am pretty sure that the head man will decide when and what changes are made.

48 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Don't forget that head coaches still dictate what defense and offense the coordinators run. Not saying that changes are needed in Kilgore but I am pretty sure that the head man will decide when and what changes are made.

True

Bulldogs will be much better this up & coming season (at least on paper). 

Let's see if kids buy into the new coaches that came in. If they do, watch out! Bulldogs might be young, but very good talent all across the field on both sides. 

Good luck Bulldogs

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sammy said:

I would think Coach Wood would be a little hands off on offense since he is more defensive minded.

How did the JV play calling compare to the varsity last year. Didn't the JV throw it a little more?

I think this year's 10th graders will have some players step up. As I recall, when they were 7th graders the middle school coaches said that they LOVED to hit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

I would think Coach Wood would be a little hands off on offense since he is more defensive minded.

How did the JV play calling compare to the varsity last year. Didn't the JV throw it a little more?

I think this year's 10th graders will have some players step up. As I recall, when they were 7th graders the middle school coaches said that they LOVED to hit.

The incoming 10 grade class is very aggressive.  Lots of athletes on both sides of the ball.  One LB in particular likes contact, even if it’s a penalty.  Holding, kicking, punching, etc. he doesn’t care. 😂Hope the DC and LB coach can get a handle on some of that stuff cause outside of that he is a pretty solid LB.

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The incoming 10 grade class is very aggressive.  Lots of athletes on both sides of the ball.  One LB in particular likes contact, even if it’s a penalty.  Holding, kicking, punching, etc. he doesn’t care. 😂Hope the DC and LB coach can get a handle on some of that stuff cause outside of that he is a pretty solid LB.

3 hours ago, KildogDad said:

2018 JV offense was nice , QB had a gun for a arm and has speed when he needs it . He has height that we haven’t had in QB position for awhile and he is a really good kid . They did pass when needed and could really cover a lot of ground after the catch . Dean as OC I think is good , as long as he is able to call the plays that he sees to be the right ones . Defense for JV would flat get after you , there was not a whole of scoring on them throughout the year . Really would have liked to see them and carthage play that last game but weather did not cooperate . 

• Like 1