2019 Kilgore Football Thread

kildog84

49 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Name a “recruit” (move-in) for Carthage or Henderson? I guess there are some, but I don’t remember any making a big impact. Most of the top playmakers for Carthage last couple years had parents that graduated from CHS. I can’t really speak for Henderson. But I would guess the same.

I don’t agree with the post from Kilgore posters. With Kilgore’s enrollment they should be playing deep every year and winning 9-10 games at a minimum. Henderson has won 11 games 3 times in the last 5 years. Should’ve won state in 16’ if not for Surratt and Ingram. Whether it’s coaching or the offense they run it’s something. All 3 schools should be equal when it comes to talent. So there is something to it. I’m for sure not saying Wood is on the hot seat, but I would say Kilgore has underachieved after dropping down to 4a (old 3a) other than the first 2 years. 12’ and 13’ should be the expectation in Kilgore in my opinion. 

I may be wrong, but I read his statement about recruits to mean - the Kilgore players with enough talent to go to the next level(college) to play football.  I didn’t not take it as him saying Carthage and Henderson recruited players to play for them. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I may be wrong, but I read his statement about recruits to mean - the Kilgore players with enough talent to go to the next level(college) to play football.  I didn’t not take it as him saying Carthage and Henderson recruited players to play for them. 

Yes, that's the clear meaning here. 

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Name a “recruit” (move-in) for Carthage or Henderson? I guess there are some, but I don’t remember any making a big impact. Most of the top playmakers for Carthage last couple years had parents that graduated from CHS. I can’t really speak for Henderson. But I would guess the same.

I don’t agree with the post from Kilgore posters. With Kilgore’s enrollment they should be playing deep every year and winning 9-10 games at a minimum. Henderson has won 11 games 3 times in the last 5 years. Should’ve won state in 16’ if not for Surratt and Ingram. Whether it’s coaching or the offense they run it’s something. All 3 schools should be equal when it comes to talent. So there is something to it. I’m for sure not saying Wood is on the hot seat, but I would say Kilgore has underachieved after dropping down to 4a (old 3a) other than the first 2 years. 12’ and 13’ should be the expectation in Kilgore in my opinion. 

Please explain to me how enrollment equates winning. Below are the top schools (enrollment wise) in 4A. Next, take a look at their football records for the past 5-8 years. 

Splendora

Dallas Carter

Hereford

Houston Furr

Dallas Hillcrest

Kilgore is listed at #9, enrollment wise, yet over the past eight years has approximately 27 more wins than any of them. If I am missing something, pleaseeee, for the love of Jobu, enlighten me, so I have a better understanding of your concept. BulldogBacker12, if you can make me see the light, nachos are on me at the Kilgore / Carthage game. .. you have to buy the Dr. Peppers. 

Enrollment does NOT 100% mean success in football, other sports, band, or academic events.  

Large enrollment(in a classification) does improve your chances. Otherwise, the UIL would have one state championship in each sport, instead of 6 to 14. 

Let’s assume 4A went from 500 students to 1000.  And those schools were only allowed to have 500 eligible for UIL events.  So, let’s say each March 1, a computer randomly selected which students would be eligible the next year.  Some years the computer may select almost all males be eligible and Kilgore would have roughly the same team they would have with 1000 to choose from. Some years, Kilgore would lose a few of their best players .........this will never happen, just trying to show that enrollment does “normally” help. 

I know this is a fact, one of the first things a good HC looking at another school to maybe relocate looks at is enrollment numbers. Had several coaches repeat that.

Another thing sometimes schools get good transfers or move-ins simply because they want to be a part of that paticular program. Success brings rewards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Ok. Got it. 

On 6/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

I was talking about college recruits or prospects seeing as how I mentioned college. 

The whole point of my original post was how talent wise they have been down recently, and that a lot of people just assume because they used to they still do, I just used Henderson and Carthage as examples but I think you could say a lot of places have had better looking and more quality athletes than Kilgore the last several seasons.