What sport are they terrible at????

Mavchamp

Tired of all the superlatives and arguments of whose king of the mountain?????

What sport or sports has your school just traditionally been terrible at?   

And go!

Baseball. By far the most embarrassing sport at Longview High. Believe just one playoff win in the entire history of the sport. 

But up until the 80s, Boys Basketball as well. Never made the playoffs until the 79-80 season.

Queen City- just about everything

football- won’t even touch that subject

vball- ehh lots of first round exits

b bball- before the last few years they were an embarrassment 

g bball- before mcmellon came they were bad, but she saved the program

Baseball- by far their best sport, but even it can’t overcome the lack of talent their right now

softball- How many coaches have they had?? Several times the coach that started hasn’t finished.

Track- ####

Only thing they have going for them is archery.  Is that even a sport.  Guess it gets those kids ready to provide for their family out in the wilderness known as Cass County

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Baseball. By far the most embarrassing sport at Longview High. Believe just one playoff win in the entire history of the sport. 

Really really frustrating, because we have crazy baseball talent in this town...  they just don't stay in LISD.    :angry:

39 minutes ago, AKA said:

Really really frustrating, because we have crazy baseball talent in this town...  they just don't stay in LISD.    :angry:

It is staggering to me our baseball failures over the decades. I mean it’s not just been a recent thing, we have never had a consistent baseball team at all. Makes no sense to me honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

It is staggering to me our baseball failures over the decades. I mean it’s not just been a recent thing, we have never had a consistent baseball team at all. Makes no sense to me honestly.

Baseball is weird as heck. They don't do much winning but the talent isn't awful. Even Chumley got drafted to Tampa Bay.

Girls soccer. I don’t think they have EVER won more than 4-5 games in a season since they started the sport. I can’t confirm it; but I’d feel safe  if it was a money wager  

Meanwhile......softball has made the playoffs....I believe 21 of 25 years.  

Strange how schools consistently do well at some things and poorly others. 

10 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

Hunnington-is horrible at basketball...I know errbody is thinking football ( and they are bad at that) but as much as the folks in Hunnington brag and say they love basketball. They are bad at it. 

Gotta call Fake News on the basketball. Huntington has been competitive in basketball in recent years. 

• LOL! 1

39 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Sounds like Tyson or Pilgrims needs to put a plant in Marshall. Soccer would be phenomenal. 

Lol. I don’t think demographics  are the problem.  

Coaching turnover, softball, and lack of recruiting players to participate are good starts.

I predict Hispanics will be the largest demo group in MISD within 5 years or less.  

37% Black, 35% Hispanic, 25% White, 3% Other 

I did some quick digging.... and that’s the trend for EVERY 5A school in East Texas except Hallsville, Lindale, and Whitehouse. 

Marshall, PT, JT, Jax, Nac Lufkin, Texas High, Sulphur Springs, and MP are all either trending to majority Hispanic or are already majority Hispanic. 

I didn’t look beyond East Texas 5A..... but it would be  interesting to see if the same is true for East Texas 4A. 

Sorry. Off topic. 

31 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

4th place playoffs in 5 team districts...playing Zavala, Chester and North Zultch in pre-district 

Finished third last year. 23-12. Won a playoff game. Beat some TABC ranked teams pre district. Won 20 games year before.  They should be favored to win the district this coming year. Not saying Huntington is great but they are competitive. Surely not “horrible” as you have stated. 

6 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Spring Hill

Boys - Football (Although making up some ground...maybe. This year may be interesting).

Girls - Track (Although basketball and softball are right behind)

SH Girls track, basketball, and softball used to be dominant untill recently.  

I hope this changes fast!

You can look at summer programs at Pewitt and the fields that kids are playing on and see how important the sport is to the community.

Softball fields at Pewitt where young girls play is in bad shape especially the girls who are about to go into high school.  Also you can

look at who is hired by administration to coach the high school teams (coaches with no experience or very little) and parents who 

expect their kids to play, winning is unimportant as long as their kid plays.  That why they dont have a chance to win in a very competitive 

district.