Where does Briles go AFTER Mount Vernon?

Mr. P

Where does Briles go AFTER Mount Vernon?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. So what's the next step?

• A more prestigious or larger high school?
    • A small college (D-II and under)?
    • A struggling college team (D-I)?
    • A successful D-I college team?
    • A coordinator job in NFL?
    • Nowhere (ends his career at MV)?

gSZbmMo.jpg

Assuming that Art Briles has a reasonable amount of success at Mount Vernon (i.e. contends for/wins district + deep playoff run), what do you think his next spot could realistically be? 

Does he go to a larger high school program, or a D-II/D-III, etc. college? Do you think some perennial bottom-dwelling D-I college program would be willing to defy the campus radicals to take a chance on him?

Or let's say he makes MV a powerhouse right away, would an NFL team dare to provoke the wrath of the national sports media to hire him as a position coach/coordinator? 

What do you think? 

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Does he go to a larger high school program, or a D-II/D-III, etc. college? Do you think some perennial bottom-dwelling D-I college program would be willing to defy the campus radicals to take a chance on him?

Back to the D1 college ranks, someone will take a chance with it. 

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

What division one school is desperate for football success and will endure the criticism storm from the media?

You would also think it would be someplace in or around Texas.

He could turn SFA into a powerhouse. 

D'ya think Houston would ever come a-callin?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Texas Tech was the place that first popped into my head.

Oh dayum...  that'd be a perfect fit. Provided that the university leadership doesn't step on their ####s again. 

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Why isn’t staying in MV not a choice in the poll. That’s my pick. 

I'll tweak the poll to include it. Gimme a sec... I'm driving.  

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Oh dayum...  that'd be a perfect fit. Provided that the university leadership doesn't step on their ####s again. 

It could be the perfect storm.

Tech is having success in other sports besides football already. 

Wells comes in and it just doesn’t work at all the first two years and then they bite the bullet to get football up to par with the other programs.

Maybe he'll end his career at MV and then hope he's invited to a booth job as a commentator in the business.  But first he wants to clear his name of any wrongdoing.....and this is the way he can accomplish that.  AKA a Mack Brown type deal on Saturdays.

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Back to the D1 college ranks, someone will take a chance with it. 

Mt Vernon did what no one else would do and took the chance; the second school/team to hire him won’t be taking any chance at all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UnclePig said:

Mt Vernon did what no one else would do and took the chance; the second school/team to hire him won’t be taking any chance at all.

UTEP. El Paso has zero foot print in Texas football. It’s out of sight and out of mind. Briles could go there and not face the scrutiny of a Houston media. Briles could rebuild his coaching profile by turning the Miners into a winner. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Think he could rebound at a school like SFA, Sam Houston. Lamar, Rice etc. The Big conference teams might be done or a ways off.

Unless it’s a Kansas type school who’s desperate to win, I agree with you. It’s not going to be a top tier Power 5 school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

UTEP. El Paso has zero foot print in Texas football. It’s out of sight and out of mind. Briles could go there and not face the scrutiny of a Houston media. Briles could rebuild his coaching profile by turning the Miners into a winner. 

Agreed 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 11:54 AM, Stoney said:

Unless it’s a Kansas type school who’s desperate to win, I agree with you. It’s not going to be a top tier Power 5 school.

Les Miles is gonna turn Kansas into a perennial Big12 powerhouse. He’s gonna have the Sooners and Horns licking those Jayhawks’ cleats in a couple of years. Hide and watch. LSU fans will be sorry they ever let him go. 

• LOL! 1